• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Malakhov

Banned
I didnt even remember that the game didnt have any hotkeys since i played the beta on ps5. Tempted to play this with a controller then lol

J3nga

Why is it always with blizzard games that they don't work, same shit show was with D3 in 2012, 9 years later nothing has changed...

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Oh fuck off, I just did den of evil in a group, lost connection and my level 4 necro is back to level 1

FUCK OFF
Yeah, this is the reason I'm not going to touch online until a few weeks pass by so they can iron out all the bugs. I'm in over my head as it is in SP, I forgot how deep this game is.

cormack12

Gold Member
Why is it always with blizzard games that they don't work, same shit show was with D3 in 2012, 9 years later nothing has changed...
Its like get the preorder numbers, add 25% to them then just use some stress test software right.

Instead im sitting here watching friends for fucks sake.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DISCONNECTED AND CANT RELOG AND IM NOT EVEN MAAAAAAAAAAD

Lanrutcon

I think we all knew Blizzard would have some kind of server stuff up. They love using their launch days to calculate server loads and make adjustments.

"To address game creation and character issues, #D2R will undergo unscheduled maintenance at 10am PT. We expect this maintenance to last 30 minutes. Players who are online and playing should logout before the shutdown if possible."

Last edited:

april6e

Was able to play for an hour until I purposely logged out to save progress. Now can't get back in. Really enjoyable game though even in the early game. I get why people are so crazy about this game now if even a newbie who dislikes the genre like me is having fun in 2021.

How rare are legendary drops supposed to be in this game? Had a gold named javelin drop (Poison Dart?) during the 2nd story mission but unsure whether this game has trash legendaries like other similar games.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I purchased on pc but most of my friends were on ps5 so I switched over but is it true ps5 isn't 60fps cause if not, ughhh...

MikeM

Was able to play for an hour until I purposely logged out to save progress. Now can't get back in. Really enjoyable game though even in the early game. I get why people are so crazy about this game now if even a newbie who dislikes the genre like me is having fun in 2021.

How rare are legendary drops supposed to be in this game? Had a gold named javelin drop (Poison Dart?) during the 2nd story mission but unsure whether this game has trash legendaries like other similar games.
Found a legendary Buckler early on. Gambled on two items with the merchant in town and got two legendary items. I'll take it.

Kacho

Sets/uniques are rare but you'll find them. Some drops are rarer than others. In Diablo 2 the key is to stack magic find to increase your chances. The RNG can be brutal sometimes but that's part of the fun.

Warablo

Servers held up well for about a hour for me, then I took a break at the first disconnect, now it looks like they are doing server maintenance right now.

EDIT: Also already died in the Caves to some Blessed Aim archers, took out the champion but the minions were still too strong to finish off.

Last edited:

killatopak

That’s probably just a rare drop which should be yellowish in name. The uniques are darker in tone closer to bronze.

tiers are normal>socketed>magic>rare>set>unique

Drop rate depends on what type of monster you kill and if that item is in their drop table. Drop table depends on the difficulty as well. Bloodfist for example has a lowest drop rate of around 1:1000 excluding the cow level. That‘s only if you kill super unique monsters. It’s lower for unique, champion, and normal monsters. Only act bosses could have higher drops.

This is where magic find comes in which increases the chance of finding magic items. Magic find is a lot more valuable the lower you have. It has diminishing value and it’s a downward curve in value. The first 100% is great though.

Even though rares and magic items are a lot more common than uniques, don’t underestimate them. Unique items have fixed effects and some effects are even magic or rare exclusive. More importantly, they even exceed the uniques in some effects.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
All you folks complaining about a severely dated game not being 60 fps......... did you just run in blindly throwing your money at the game without ever actually hearing what they were "remaking"

Short answer: Yes most of you stupidly saw Diablo 2 and clutched your pearls and ran in blindly.

It an old game made by a corrupt company that's far more focused on lawsuits than quality control, 60 fps is going to be the least of your future complaints with this game

Performance mode is a rock solid 60 fps on PS5, looks gorgeous. I'm absolutely in love, my Druid is tearing hordes up. Got a rare mace in my first hour that does +102% dmg to undead, +50 ATK rating, cold DMG, lightning DMG, poison DMG and a couple of more, 2 wolves and a raven feasting, grizzly transform just for fun since my mace is OHK almost every enemy lol 💯💯💯

Last edited:

Paulxo87

99% GPU usage just in the character menu, no way this should stress an RTX 3090 that much.

idk WHAT is with this game needing so many resources. ps5 can't even do 60fps in quality mode the fuck? Maybe it ha something to do with the fact that the new interface is just layer over the old and that's where inefficiencies lay? not sure but something is odd.

Stitch

Gold Member
99% GPU usage just in the character menu, no way this should stress an RTX 3090 that much.
I guess that's without vsync or framerate cap? so it's rendering a billion frames per second. Some people fried their RTX cards that way.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Game should have a background framerate when you're alt tabbed. Even D3 had it at launch.

big boy alt tab temps

YxuG9a9.jpg

Most people freak over temps like that, just another day for me. Going strong since 2016 of May.

Ulysses 31

I guess that's without vsync or framerate cap? so it's rendering a billion frames per second. Some people fried their RTX cards that way.
Was around 100 fps at 4K on PC. The character models have improved but not that much to warrant so much GPU usage. 👀

iHaunter

Aaaaannnnnndddd lobby crash. Can't play the game...

God dammit Blizzard. Use your SALES NUMBERS to properly allocate ONLINE Resources!!!!!!!!

HotPocket69

Banned
All you folks complaining about a severely dated game not being 60 fps......... did you just run in blindly throwing your money at the game without ever actually hearing what they were "remaking"

Short answer: Yes most of you stupidly saw Diablo 2 and clutched your pearls and ran in blindly.

It an old game made by a corrupt company that's far more focused on lawsuits than quality control, 60 fps is going to be the least of your future complaints with this game

First, I didn’t buy it yet. Second, D3 was 60 on the last gen consoles so why wouldn’t anyone not assume it’d be the same here? And this a 20 year old fucking game. The lack of an increased framerate is a massive fuck up.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Was around 100 fps at 4K on PC. The character models have improved but not that much to warrant so much GPU usage. 👀
Huh that's weird. I thought it was rendering more frames because these graphics shouldn't be very taxing. Oh well, some bugs can happen. It's not like they had alpha & beta playtests... oh wait..

PanzerAzel

I know you can bork your character’s chances by making certain build choices in Nightmare and Hell, but can I mostly fuck around on normal and not be penalized endgame?

Top Bottom