• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

I know, I know, blasphemy, but damn, I wish this had personal loot so that I could have some fun with randos.
I might play with randos, drop out once we get to countess and solo do a bunch of countess runs to level and get runes, then kill Andariel solo (I'm paranoid that if I beat Andy with others I might not be able to bug Andariel)

I'll probably party back up with randoms in Act 2

I'm not too worried about missing most early game normal drops

also people don't forget to bug your Andy for better drops!

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
wait for real ?
i can't play this game on my switch offline?

Can Diablo 2: Resurrected be played offline? Yes, Diablo 2: Resurrected should be able to be played offline once you've verified your game and account. Offline and online characters will remain separate, just like it was in Diablo 2 and closed Battle.net.20. aug. 2021

Ah seems like i need to sign in once
My bad. It seems I was mistaken. I thought it was a similar thing to D3 where PC is always online and consoles can have offline.

You all playing with someone or solo?
I prefer SP for most of my games. Prob won't start an MP character till i get my feet wet and back into the swing of things.

But if theres a switch crew that wants to take it easy rather rush leveling and builds with MP, I'd be somewhat interested.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i have this vision of me not being able to log into battlecrap server because of the first time login
even when all i want to do at first is a SP walkthrough

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

ssringo

Probably play with groups until farming/killing certain bosses. At least until personal drops are added. Never liked fighting over drops.

killatopak

Gold Member
You all playing with someone or solo?
Solo. gonna be rushing through normal. Nightmare is where mp drop rates will come in handy because nightmare drops can be end game items.

You kinda have to fight for drops in mp but the experience increase will come in handy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10 MORE MINUTESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

killatopak

Gold Member
Some simple tips:

Shields in the beginning are actually worse than having no shields at all. Defense isn‘t a huge factor in the beginning and blocking actually locks you out from moving so getting swarmed is more dangerous with a shield.

For early game, improving your belt‘s potion capacity is more important than having lower capacity belts with some stuff like +3 to life or resistance unless it’s really high and useful in highly situational circumstances.

Strength should only be increased to reach the minimum requirement of your equipment. Dex should be the same case unless you plan on maxing out your block rate.

Unique and champion monsters give out five times and three times more exp than normal and should be killed for easier xp.

Some early game runewords to take note of are Stealth, Nadir, Leaf, Malice, Steel and Zephyr.

Some gems are useful in the early game and can last you for a while. Chipped rubies and chipped emerald for example can be put on weapons for easy fire damage and poison damage. Especially useful for barbs until you get your runewords. Chipped emerald can be substituted with your extra Tal runes.

Stamina potions gives you infinite stamina for 30 seconds so you can run for a lot longer. They can stack so buy and chug a bunch if you don‘t want to walk or stop to recover stamina.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Quick question tho... is cross save in? for offline SP chars?
Well I googled to be sure. This is what I found.

You can’t transfer save files from PC to console at all. The only “import” of files is for OFFLINE single player on PC to PC.

Cross progression is for the ONLINE game so that you can play on PC then play on your console and pick up where you left off. Also note, there is no cross play - you can’t play at the same time with someone on a diff platform.

Top Bottom