• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Anyway was this posted? Some information on the upcoming patch 2.1:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84210/diablo-3-dev-team-discusses-reaper-of-souls-and-answers

Seems like they are basically confirming Ladder exclusive Legendaries.

Good. Ladder exclusive items aren't new to the genre. Heck its not even new to Diablo. The complaining and whatnot will rightfully fall on deaf ears. I cannot wait.

It's the only way they'll get people to play seasons.

Well, thats not true at all. My playing time has cratered, because Im waiting specifically for the ladder. The softcore treadmill is just, a little boring at times. Bunch of folks brought billions of gold over and more. I just want a full reset with some competition. Thats where the real end game is for me. Frequent resets.

There were Ladder-only Uniques in D2. What's the new fuss about? I thought people wanted an Authentic Diablo Experience?

Exactly this. I don't feel like anyone should be surprised. The population of the softcore normal servers will drop when ladders start, but it won't be because of the ladder specific legs, itll be because of ladders period.

THANKS KADALA FOR MAKING ME WASTE 6000+ BLOODSHARDS. Fucker dropped out of a regular chest. So happy though. It came with a socket. I got to re-roll the low damage it came with. My damage has shot up so much. Now to get a cindercoat...and make my fucking quiver roll cluster shot damage. Also resource cost reduction. That's one thing I'm lacking all too much of atm to spam CA effectively.

GU6yVIZ.jpg
Edit: There we go

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This always happens. Whenever I play my demon hunter gear just rains for him and RNG is always in its favor, it's like blizzard has been nudging me to play DH since the dawn of time but I'm always like naaaahhhhh.

Mumei

So, how long should a rift be taking if you're on the right level? I feel like perhaps I'm a bit under where I should be for Torment.

Achtius

4 sets of magefist gambled in 2 days but not 1 tasker and Theo. I see why these have the rep of being a complete pain in the ass to gamble. Regardless I shall continue to gamble gloves. Grabbed two pieces of Jade Harvester gear and a nice SOJ in the same time frame so it wasn't a complete loss.

I got 7 magefist, 2 frostburn (and shitload of others crappy leg glove), before i got theo. Keep trying!

The loot train is pulling into my station. First andariels, then kridershot, then a trifecta ring 23 dexterity short of being perfect. I don't think I'm gonna be allowed to stop playing tonight!

Mumei

Aim for under 15 minutes for the guardian.

Less than 15 minutes, assuming there is a decent enough mob density.

15min should be an average rift for your gear level

Eep. I'm definitely taking too long, then.

I played for about two hours earlier today, did a couple sets of bounties and one rift. I managed to find three legs, but all three were trash so I got Forgotten Souls instead. I also decided to try fixing up my Anessazi that Zel or Gotchaye gave me (all Wizards look the same to me, I'm sorry) with a socket and I manage to get it on my first roll. Unfortunately it had a shit intelligence roll so it it was an exceedingly marginal boost over my previous damage, +10K. Anyway, I went back to work to get m last bit of overtime for the week and now I'm going to go back home and get more upgrades. Time to make it to 600K~

gimmmick

Man legendary drops have gone to shit these past few days on my day off. Maybe it's a sign to get off my ass and do something other playing D3.

Realyn

So, how long should a rift be taking if you're on the right level? I feel like perhaps I'm a bit under where I should be for Torment.

I try to stay between 4-6 minutes/2 songs in my playlist. But as sad as it sound, just stick with T1 for like ... forever. T2/T3 for drops is only worth it if you one shot stuff there aswell.

Just started playing Diablo 3 on the PS3. excited that I can carry my save over to the PS4.

Any tips? What I should do and what I shouldn't for a first time D3 player?

Just started playing Diablo 3 on the PS3. excited that I can carry my save over to the PS4.

Any tips? What I should do and what I shouldn't for a first time D3 player?

don't buy much stuff from merchant : you will drop better for free soon enough.

Keep your money to upgrade jewel and forge.

Play with people : more fun, better xp, better loot.

joesmokey

I now basically have a full set of fire, lightning, arcane, and nearly cold for my wizard.

After 2 hours with fire, I have to say that full fire wizard is definitely the way to go. Magic missile with mirrorball just melts everything. Lightning is pretty fun too, though it's much slower in terms of efficiency. Arcane isn't really my play style and cold is just too slow.

ElyrionX

Yeah, Ladder-only legs will probably kill off a sizable portion of the game's userbase. I know it's definitely something that will make me quit the game.

Dahbomb

There's also a Blue post saying that they will be buffing the Shards dropped by the Rift Guardian based on higher difficulty. You will still get the same number at T1 but at higher difficulties you will get more.

Man this patch needs to come already.

Also THEY ARE FINALLY REDUCING THE COST TO UNSOCKET GEMS!

OMFG FINALLY!

Now I don't have to waste 3 million gold just to check for upgrades.

eek5

There's also a Blue post saying that they will be buffing the Shards dropped by the Rift Guardian based on higher difficulty. You will still get the same number at T1 but at higher difficulties you will get more.

Man this patch needs to come already.

Also THEY ARE FINALLY REDUCING THE COST TO UNSOCKET GEMS!

OMFG FINALLY!

Now I don't have to waste 3 million gold just to check for upgrades.
This is their solution to comparing items without gems in them!

don't buy much stuff from merchant : you will drop better for free soon enough.

Keep your money to upgrade jewel and forge.

Play with people : more fun, better xp, better loot.

Will save up the money and yes playing it as Co-op on the couch. So I'm covered at that.

Playing it on Normal, so gonna go easy on it.

I'm about to test this alternate character loot table theory. I've found 5 legendary amulets tonight and they've all been complete garbage. I can not get a decent one on this character. My wizard used to get great amulets left and right. Oy.

Dahbomb

I'm about to test this alternate character loot table theory. I've found 5 legendary amulets tonight and they've all been complete garbage. I can not get a decent one on this character. My wizard used to get great amulets left and right. Oy.
Wait...

What theory? Can someone fill me in on this?

I think it just stemmed from the rumor of making a new character resets your legendary timers (new characters definitely do get higher drop rates)

Honestly the RNG in this game is too streaky and extreme that people are coming up with some crazy theories.

Dahbomb

People think their loot seed is based on character, basically.
So people think that they are likely to get certain items with certain classes.

I would say it's not completely bogus. For one.... if say you are looking for an Andriel's (let's assume Dex). It's much easier to farm for an Andy using a DH than a Monk. That's because the pool of Legendary helms is smaller for a DH as a Monk has many Spirit Stones competing for that spot. Now I am not saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a Spirit Stone as a DH but the chances are much lower.

Another thing that might have merit is the Moonlight Ward which appears to be a Wizard based Amulet (yeah I know melee classes abuse that item but I am talking about the intended design of the Amulet which was to be used for a melee Wizard). I would say you are more likely to get that as a Wizard than as a DH. Vice versa with those Swamp Poison pants.

However this is all part of Smart drops I feel. It's why you are likely to find a Fire/Physical/Lightning Bracer as a Barb versus finding one with Holy/Poison/Arcane. I figured this out late but if you ever have to roll an element you can exploit the Smart drop and switch characters.... like say you are trying to turn a Lightning Bracer into a Fire one on a Monk. You should roll with a Bar because with Monks you are likely to get a lot of Holy rolls which you don't get a lot of as Barbs..

However, I do not think that you are more likely to get Ice Climbers playing certain classes unless that class has less boots (like a Barb has Lut Socks competing in that slot for drop so if you want to farm for Ice Climbers its slightly worse to use a Barb).

And for anyone trying to get a Witching Hour... please do not use a DH. You will get like 20 Sash of Knives.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What a morning for Diablo news, the devs are so fast to fix and change things when needed these days, it's amazing. Next patch sounds like it will correct many of the issues with the game ATM, and the first content patch sounds even better. I'm really glad you get to keep all your progress after a season, plus a shot at unique legendaries is just icing on the cake.

Hatchtag

Banned
Holy hell is Torment V the way to go for more gold. Jumped from Torment 1 to Torment 5 and made drastically more moolah. Seem to be getting less XP, though (probably because I suck).

Dahbomb

My grievance with the game is not that there should be more, crazier Legendaries to fill some obvious holes (yes the game needs that too) but they should instead work on improving many of the current ones. Vanilla ass Legendaries that have a 10 times more chance to drop than good Legendaries is really what is hurting the game. You spend hours farming T4/T5 Rifts and you get crappy Angel Braid Hair, Aquila chest armor and some bad Ring to show for it.

At this point they might as well start coloring Legendaries differently.

Tier 1 (Brown): Just better Rares, no special stats (Stolen Ring, Aquila etc.)

Tier 2 (Orange): Legendaries with a stat that doesn't normally appear at that slot (Manticore with CHD on a weapon, Magefist with Fire damage on a glove, Slave Bonds with attack speed on a Bracer etc)

Tier 3 (Red): Legendaries with special Legendary affixes or with two or more off base stats (Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, Cindercoat, Witching Hour, Kridershot)

They should also color neutral sets and class specific sets differently.

Exceedingly happy they are buffing Torment bounties and Shards from higher Torments. No clue, why this wasn't already in the game from the start...but positive change is positive.

Kinda of have to wonder though, will this make getting Act specific leg's harder.

Dahbomb

Exceedingly happy they are buffing Torment bounties and Shards from higher Torments. No clue, why this wasn't already in the game from the start...but positive change is positive.

Kinda of have to wonder though, will this make getting Act specific leg's harder.
They said that the rates of those Bounty Legendaries will be higher as well.

And honestly people are just going to split farm Torment 1 for those Legendaries which means you will have a 15% increase chance of getting that RROG. And at T1 most people just one shot stuff anyway so it won't be that much slower... most of the time that it takes to complete Bounties is the actual walking and finding stuff. I guess bosses will take longer (instead of 2 shotting them you will now taken them out in 5 shots).

Mumei

I try to stay between 4-6 minutes/2 songs in my playlist. But as sad as it sound, just stick with T1 for like ... forever. T2/T3 for drops is only worth it if you one shot stuff there aswell.

I'm not even playing T1; I'm playing Master. I was getting ~20 - 30 minute rifts on T1 but evidently that isn't fast enough (and it felt sort of slow to me, which is why I asked!). And right now my latency is so awful that animations for abilities are skipping or showing up literally fifteen seconds after I casted them. And I just muddled my way through the rift (which took 30 minutes anyway because it was both sparsely populated and my battles were so insufferably long because of latency issues), and when I tried to return my computer froze on the loading screen for what is now the fourth time in a row. At least this time I got to play the rift; the previous two attempts resulted in me getting nothing more for my trouble than wasted time and lost keystones.

... I wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't been expecting all week to have Friday to play, only to have this bullshit happening.

eek5

They said that the rates of those Bounty Legendaries will be higher as well.

And honestly people are just going to split farm Torment 1 for those Legendaries which means you will have a 15% increase chance of getting that RROG. And at T1 most people just one shot stuff anyway so it won't be that much slower... most of the time that it takes to complete Bounties is the actual walking and finding stuff. I guess bosses will take longer (instead of 2 shotting them you will now taken them out in 5 shots).

Could prob split t1/t2 then save bosses to just snipe them down all together. Or have WD do all the bosses

At this point they might as well start coloring Legendaries differently.

Tier 1 (Brown): Just better Rares, no special stats (Stolen Ring, Aquila etc.)

Tier 2 (Orange): Legendaries with a stat that doesn't normally appear at that slot (Manticore with CHD on a weapon, Magefist with Fire damage on a glove, Slave Bonds with attack speed on a Bracer etc)

Tier 3 (Red): Legendaries with special Legendary affixes or with two or more off base stats (Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, Cindercoat, Witching Hour, Kridershot)

They should also color neutral sets and class specific sets differently.
Only if monk sets can be white so you don't even bother with that shit

When i first started gambling for the magefist, one of the first gloves I've gotten was Tasker and Theo. Almost wanted to salvage it there and then. Luckily, i didn't... And it's still in my stash now.

Is there a list of rare legendary? (so i don't accidentally turn them into FS)

Totakeke

When i first started gambling for the magefist, one of the first gloves I've gotten was Tasker and Theo. Almost wanted to salvage it there and then. Luckily, i didn't... And it's still in my stash now.

Is there a list of rare legendary? (so i don't accidentally turn them into FS)

Why would you care about how rare they are? Just figure out each individual legendary whether they're worth using or not. :p

Praise RNJesus.

Got my DH to 70 tonight. The first champion pack in the first rift gave me a Cindercoat, and not 2 minutes later I got a Denettas from chest.

Praise RNJesus.

Got my DH to 70 tonight. The first champion pack in the first rift gave me a Cindercoat, and not 2 minutes later I got a Denettas from chest.

At what exact moment in time did you generate that DH? Maybe there's a pattern! Perhaps if I make a DH at 17336 seconds after the the zenith of the next full moon I'll get a Kridershot 17 minutes after I hit level 70.

I need your data!

At what exact moment in time did you generate that DH? Maybe there's a pattern! Perhaps if I make a DH at 17336 seconds after the the zenith of the next full moon I'll get a Kridershot 17 minutes after I hit level 70.

I need your data!

My DH was made not even a week after vanilla launch. Tonight was the first time ive touched her in a long time. She had the most awful gear ever when I started her again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom