• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i've tried improving my build. i'm still dying a lot on T8 but it's a bit easier.

i've been upgrading rares to legendaries and spending shard at kadala. adjusted the gems i have and now have 2x legendary gems at lvl 25. swapped my chantodo's will out for now until i find another one so i can put a socket on it. i ruined my old one apparently :/

i still feel like i'm doing something wrong because i'm nowhere near T10 yet and until i am then i can't progress any further into the season. i am on Champion chapter and you can see what i need to do here:

https://d3resource.com/journey/

the only 2 objectives i've done so far are converting set item and crafting flawless royal gem.

RS4-

Well, after trying out the swk ltk and wol builds, I am not a fan of the ltk one (have a set for lon, but not ideal yet).

The inna/rainment gen build works out better for me compared to the ltk one. Feels way too squishy and the amount of resource spending with ltk is brutal.

Well, after trying out the swk ltk and wol builds, I am not a fan of the ltk one (have a set for lon, but not ideal yet).

The inna/rainment gen build works out better for me compared to the ltk one. Feels way too squishy and the amount of resource spending with ltk is brutal.

I'm using ltk for a death's breath farming build and it's okay. You need a lot of crit chance for the build to work so you don't keep dropping stacks. It is pretty squishy though, even on XI I die every so often.

If I'm doing XIII though I use the inna/raiment gen build. I actually haven't even tried the full raiment build that's the current meta as I don't want to lose the survivability of innas. Currently stuck on GR75 though so I might switch to see if I can push higher with it.

Only thing standing between me and the stash tab is the XIII rift under 5 minutes. Can't quite complete it fast enough with inna/raiment.

Xanathus

i've tried improving my build. i'm still dying a lot on T8 but it's a bit easier.

i've been upgrading rares to legendaries and spending shard at kadala. adjusted the gems i have and now have 2x legendary gems at lvl 25. swapped my chantodo's will out for now until i find another one so i can put a socket on it. i ruined my old one apparently :/

i still feel like i'm doing something wrong because i'm nowhere near T10 yet and until i am then i can't progress any further into the season. i am on Champion chapter and you can see what i need to do here:

the only 2 objectives i've done so far are converting set item and crafting flawless royal gem.

You're still using extremely suboptimal weapon, rings, belt, amulet, bracers, legendary gems, wrong gems socketed, bad cube powers used, suboptimal skills selected. Even your pieces of gear which are correct have wrong rolls on them, e.g. you rolled +exp on your shoulders, all-res on your helm when you have no crit chance on it, life regen on your chest and so on.

Here's a Firebird Archon build, pay extra attention to what stats are recommended on each item
http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-firebird-archon-build-patch-2-4-3-season-9

You should use the Chantodo's, even if it rolled poorly, for the set bonus. The set bonus is where a lot of damage comes from, moreso than the weapon damage. For the rest, see the guide.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm Paragon 543 and have only gotten one. My friend who is Paragon 507 has gotten three.

It's just RNG being RNG.

I'm Paragon 509 now and haven't seen a single one this season yet. I need one too, damn game! I found myself an ancient Hack but the thorns roll was crappy, so I need to reroll it, thus I need the Gift to put the socket on. Sucks for me, I'll probably get another ancient Hack first!

Chris R

Do paragon levels work like regular levels when it comes to large gaps? I turned on my 2nd dual shock and drug my brothers character around today and got him from 13 to 42 in like 10 minutes, thinking when he hits 70 he can join me on T4 where I'm chilling at currently.

But if his 70 character doesn't get a boost to roughly my level then he will just die so damn much.

Bombless

Do paragon levels work like regular levels when it comes to large gaps? I turned on my 2nd dual shock and drug my brothers character around today and got him from 13 to 42 in like 10 minutes, thinking when he hits 70 he can join me on T4 where I'm chilling at currently.

But if his 70 character doesn't get a boost to roughly my level then he will just die so damn much.

XP amount for a paragon level starts super low and ramps up so yeah, the second char will climb a number of levels quickly.

Mengy

I still need a Traveler's Pledge for my Invoker Crusader, I'm P508 now and I've not seen a single one drop yet. I also need an Akkarat's Awakening shield too, I've gambled pretty much all of my shards at Kadala but not gotten a single one yet. I'm having terrible RNG luck this season....

Xanathus

I still need a Traveler's Pledge for my Invoker Crusader, I'm P508 now and I've not seen a single one drop yet. I also need an Akkarat's Awakening shield too, I've gambled pretty much all of my shards at Kadala but not gotten a single one yet. I'm having terrible RNG luck this season....

Have you also been upgrading rare amulets/shields into legendaries? Kanai Cube has recipes to help get gear that a lot of people don't know about and don't use.

Mengy

Have you also been upgrading rare amulets/shields into legendaries? Kanai Cube has recipes to help get gear that a lot of people don't know about and don't use.

Yeah, but I stopped last week to save up more DB's. I probably have a good stack by now and should start doing that again too. Sigh.

I'm starting to wonder though if I should give up Invoker and switch to a hammer build with Seeker of Light. I've noticed that literally ALL of the season crusader leaders run Seeker of Light with hammer builds, I can't find one Invoker thorns build. Maybe I should switch sets now and start re-gearing instead....

Xanathus

Yeah, but I stopped last week to save up more DB's. I probably have a good stack by now and should start doing that again too. Sigh.

I'm starting to wonder though if I should give up Invoker and switch to a hammer build with Seeker of Light. I've noticed that literally ALL of the season crusader leaders run Seeker of Light with hammer builds, I can't find one Invoker thorns build. Maybe I should switch sets now and start re-gearing instead....

Seeker of Light farms faster, but ultimately the best build for pushing GRs is LoN Bombardment and I guess the people playing Crusaders haven't farmed all ancient items yet.

The Avarice and no-set GR45 conquests are very easy if you want to do alternative conquests.

I did those 2 a while back. I need the third to get the last portrait. I have been stuck on that for a couple weeks now. I have had some great rift groups for speed demon but the graveyard would never pop.

I have one or two more tweaks to the Helltooth pet/acid cloud build used for the chest I think I can try. Maybe a level 25 Pain Enhancer to go with a Gogok and a leveled Enforcer.

Dunfisch

It's amusing revisiting your old characters to see the power creep since the last time you played them. Took my WoL SWK Monk for a spin, with Power Pylon and CoE up I dropped a 587 billion bell. Fun times. Makes me wish to go all in with ancients, augments and no-life Paragon grind to see if it's possible to hit a trillion.

Arttemis

Fuck me. I just realized this, but when I transferred from my OG-PS4 to the PS4Pro, I only brought my main profile along... I had been using a second local account on a second controller to power level my characters with an ultra-pimped-out Monk with almost his complete set. It's gone, now!

Fuck me. I just realized this, but when I transferred from my OG-PS4 to the PS4Pro, I only brought my main profile along... I had been using a second local account on a second controller to power level my characters with an ultra-pimped-out Monk with almost his complete set. It's gone, now!

You should be able to get it via cloud saves on the secondary account, no?

The mouse controls go to shit for me in the D1 area. Which is annoying since I have to grind it for that monster achievement.

The number of times I have clicked on a door that didn't take.

Seeker of Light is a fun build - I just switched from my monk to my crusader last week and I'm having a good time with it. I only have two ancients (the flail and the shield) and I can easily do GR 75-77. It's a bit squishy though if you don't have good rolls on the gear or high CDR.

I'm only 3-4 pieces away from having a full ancient set for LoN, but I can't bring myself to keep running bounties by myself for cube mats for rerolling legendaries. Everyone I know has stopped playing for the season already. :(

Nerix

Me and a friend of mine are ~Paragon 600. We managed to clear a 74 grift, quite happy with our build right now.

The Hammerdin build for the crusader really improved after patch 2.4.3. with Faithful Memory. Before that I played the Thorns build - very tanky, but my damage was too low...

Cincaid

Blizzard's Diablo team had a Q&A yesterday, and here seems to be the highlights:

• Seasons are still planned for an upcoming patch on PS4 and Xbox One. Keep an eye out for more news on that very soon!
  • We're still fleshing out the new class and don't have an exact ETA to share. We're working hard to get it to everyone as soon as we can.
  • The Moors and the Temple of the Firstborn are new areas to explore in an upcoming patch.
  • The Necromancer is a new class coming to Diablo III for PS4, Xbox One and PC / Mac. (Sounds like it will come to all platforms at the same time?)
  • We're working to make sure the Necromancer has melee options too!
  • They're talking about Revive as a skill in the Necromancer's kit. We're working to bring it over in some form.
  • Curses will indeed be part of the Necromancer's skillset.
  • The Armory is still planned for an upcoming patch. We'll be sharing more info very soon.
  • We definitely want to remain true to the themes of the original Necromancer.
  • The Necromancer will have a mix of skills both old (like Golems) and new.
  • The Necromancer will feel distinctly different from other classes including the Witch Doctor in how it looks and plays.

Personally I'm really looking forward to seasons on my PS4. It would be even better if they came with new trophies, but since they're added through a patch I doubt that will happen. Is that even a thing on PS4, new trophies through patches? Or must they be tied to DLC?

Personally I'm really looking forward to seasons on my PS4. It would be even better if they came with new trophies, but since they're added through a patch I doubt that will happen. Is that even a thing on PS4, new trophies through patches? Or must they be tied to DLC?

Paid (and free) DLC have had trophies added to the base game, it's nothing new.

There may be new trophies for the Necromancer since that will be a paid dlc. Expect a lot of new in-game challenges as well.

Cincaid

Paid (and free) DLC have had trophies added to the base game, it's nothing new.

There may be new trophies for the Necromancer since that will be a paid dlc. Expect a lot of new in-game challenges as well.

Yeah I know, but the question was really regarding seasons, since that will be added through a patch (by the sound of things). So I guess no new trophies for seasons, but as you said probably for the Necromancer.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
how long is left of season 9?

this was my first season and i guess i messed it up. really struggling to progress beyond the Champion chapter. i just can't get to T10. best i can do is T8 and even that is quite challenging. i am thinking about starting again or just waiting for season 10.

not sure what to do. i really enjoy playing this game but just keep running into walls with it :(

KiKaL

Me and a friend of mine are ~Paragon 600. We managed to clear a 74 grift, quite happy with our build right now.

The Hammerdin build for the crusader really improved after patch 2.4.3. with Faithful Memory. Before that I played the Thorns build - very tanky, but my damage was too low...

What build are you doing? I just got back into D3 after really not playing since release. I made a season crusader and just got it to 70 but don't really know the best skills to be using...or even stats to focus on since I am gaining paragon levels now.

edit - I came across this guide, I am guessing this is a good starting point? http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusade...-and-seeker-of-the-light-patch-2-4-3-season-9

What build are you doing? I just got back into D3 after really not playing since release. I made a season crusader and just got it to 70 but don't really know the best skills to be using...or even stats to focus on since I am gaining paragon levels now.

edit - I came across this guide, I am guessing this is a good starting point? http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusade...-and-seeker-of-the-light-patch-2-4-3-season-9

Did you get the free Haedrig's Gift gear? If so, then focus on a thorns build until you farm enough pieces for the hammerdin build. I think hammerdin is a lot of fun but I also have never played a thorns build, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

If you need help understanding what you need to do to get the Haedrig's Gift set, this is a handy guide.

KiKaL

Awesome, thanks for that. I noticed the gear I was getting for completing the seasons task were for a thorn build but knew nothing about it.

Xeteh

I've lost track of how many shards and death breaths I've spent on trying to get a Skull Ring on my Barbarian. I just can't get one to save my life.

Maledict

I don't understand why they keep adding new areas to the game in adventure mode. It seems a huge waste of time and resources, and I can only presume it's stuff they were working on for another expansion pack that has since been cancelled in favour of a new game.

corin7

Neo Member
how long is left of season 9?

this was my first season and i guess i messed it up. really struggling to progress beyond the Champion chapter. i just can't get to T10. best i can do is T8 and even that is quite challenging. i am thinking about starting again or just waiting for season 10.

not sure what to do. i really enjoy playing this game but just keep running into walls with it :(

No need to start over. Make sure you are running a strong build. Just hit the leader boards and check and compare build / gear with top players. Then run public rifts over and over on a torment level you are comfortable with. You will get there. You really can't screw yourself it's just a matter of right skills / right gear.

Mengy

So, amazingly enough, I am currently just one conquest away from getting my very first stash tab ever!

lTdpcwE.jpg

kiwbx1U.jpg

The conquest I have is the 45 rift one with no set pcs, so I only need to do one more. I think I'll try that Avarice one, the 50 million in a streak. I might need to level a Boon of the Hoarder up to 50 though...

Syf

Banned
Boon of the Hoarder makes that conquest super easy tbh. Crank up your gold find in paragon too. I did it in the ruins of corvus area.

Baliis

Boon of the Hoarder makes that conquest super easy tbh. Crank up your gold find in paragon too. I did it in the ruins of corvus area.

So, amazingly enough, I am currently just one conquest away from getting my very first stash tab ever!

The conquest I have is the 45 rift one with no set pcs, so I only need to do one more. I think I'll try that Avarice one, the 50 million in a streak. I might need to level a Boon of the Hoarder up to 50 though...

Cow level is another solid spot if you have some bardiches laying around. I did it on t12 and had like a 70mil streak without even trying.

Syf

Banned
Single session in which you chain 50 million gold pickups together. So you have maybe 3 seconds or so after one pickup to get the next one (until the gold text notice disappears from the UI).

Chris R

Finally got my brothers character to 70+ by just having his character follow me around as I did stuff lol.

Only bummer was having to drop the difficulty down.

Seasons are coming to PS4/Xbone with season 10 right?

Cincaid

Seasons are coming to PS4/Xbone with season 10 right?

They had a Q&A a few days ago (my post a little further up) where they more or less said "more news are coming soon!". So yeah, no solid date so far, but most think it's coming with S10. I wouldn't mind sooner, but then consoles would need their own seasons.

Mengy

Woot!!! Last night I finally got my very first extra stash tab ever!

I spent a few hours yesterday maxing out a Boon of the Hoarder gem and that was the key to getting the Avarice conquest, in fact I made it on my first try after maxing the gem out. Talk about a gold frenzy, holy cow.

It took a lot of work and hours for me to get to Conqueror though, I'm not certain I'll do it again next season. I think I'll take a break from D3 for now, maybe after a break I'll come back to S10 with renewed vigor for yet a second extra stash tab.

Top Bottom