• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Zekes!

I'm super late to the party, but man is this game fun to play on the PS4. I originally grabbed the PC version at the midnight launch at release for my Macbook Pro, but playing it on my MBP wasn't ideal so I fell off of it after completing a single run with some friends. I've always wanted to get back into it, so I was glad I was able to grab the PS4 version on sale. Finally got to starting it up last night and I spent some time running a new character while listening to Migos' new album and some Outkast 👌

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Woot!!! Last night I finally got my very first extra stash tab ever!

I spent a few hours yesterday maxing out a Boon of the Hoarder gem and that was the key to getting the Avarice conquest, in fact I made it on my first try after maxing the gem out. Talk about a gold frenzy, holy cow.

It took a lot of work and hours for me to get to Conqueror though, I'm not certain I'll do it again next season. I think I'll take a break from D3 for now, maybe after a break I'll come back to S10 with renewed vigor for yet a second extra stash tab.

Congrats!

aristotle

What's a good place to gear up to take on T4 reliably? This is my first time "completing" a season. I've done the first 3 levels and I'm finding that T4 enemies are making me really squishie. I was able to kill the T4 Keywarden in Act 1 but only after killing all the trash mobs first and using my Call of the Ancients about 3-4 times.

I'm not the greatest player and I'm not trying to min/max my character. I just want to be able to finish T4 mobs easily (Malthael will be an issue) and GRift 20 solo.

What's a good place to gear up to take on T4 reliably? This is my first time "completing" a season. I've done the first 3 levels and I'm finding that T4 enemies are making me really squishie. I was able to kill the T4 Keywarden in Act 1 but only after killing all the trash mobs first and using my Call of the Ancients about 3-4 times.

I'm not the greatest player and I'm not trying to min/max my character. I just want to be able to finish T4 mobs easily (Malthael will be an issue) and GRift 20 solo.

Best place for gear and death breaths is normal rifts. For experience and leg gems greater rifts. For act specific materials and certain legendaries it is bounties.

On a whim I picked up the Battle Chest on Sunday, and started playing. Never have played a Diablo before, but I did play Torchlight 1 to completion years ago.

Just got to Act 5. Started on normal, but bumped it up to hard, and haven't died once.

...my clicking finger hurts.

Xanathus

On a whim I picked up the Battle Chest on Sunday, and started playing. Never have played a Diablo before, but I did play Torchlight 1 to completion years ago.

Just got to Act 5. Started on normal, but bumped it up to hard, and haven't died once.

...my clicking finger hurts.

Welcome! After you finish the story, you may want to consider creating a new character in seasons and play there. You'll unlock more rewards by doing the seasonal objectives and it also helps in giving you a roadmap of how to progress in the game.

https://www.diablowiki.net/Seasons

Xanathus

New PTR patch notes up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20529333/patch-250-ptr-notes-1-31-2017

Notable changes are the armory system which lets you save character builds and crafting mat storage. HOWEVER
Primal Ancient Items
Legendary and Set items will now have a chance to roll as Primal Ancient
These items are more rare than Ancient items and have increased stat ranges
FUCK. THIS. SHIT. NotLikeThis. Now instead of grinding like hell every season for a BIS Ancient weapon, we'll have to grind even harder for a BIS Primal Ancient.

edit: this is cool for bounties
Bonus Acts have been removed
With this change, completing five bounties in any act will now grant you a Large Horadric Chest containing the same contents as the Horadric and Bonus Caches

Wallach

Hm, another power creep huh. I guess we've now got a 10% tier and a 1% tier? Time for numbers to get even dumber.

Bless that bounties change, though. Fuck bonus acts forever.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I have to agree too:

- Armory presets sound great, extremely useful

- Crafting mat storage sounds really good, I like this change a lot

- Bounty cache changes sound awesome, that will be so much better

- Primal Ancients sound horrible, it's already bad enough grinding for ancient stuff, Primals will essentially make ancient gear just a stepping stone, which sucks

Ultratech

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with most points.

Don't like the idea of Primal Ancients...

The Bounty and Mat changes are very nice QoL changes though.

Jedi2016

Yeah, not really liking the Primal Ancient thing.. Only about half my barb's gear (and neither weapon) are Ancient as it is.. That's not necessarily a requirement when I'm picking up gear, though, to be honest.. just whether it's a better version than what I'm wearing.

Dreavus

New PTR patch notes up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20529333/patch-250-ptr-notes-1-31-2017

Notable changes are the armory system which lets you save character builds and crafting mat storage. HOWEVER

FUCK. THIS. SHIT. NotLikeThis. Now instead of grinding like hell every season for a BIS Ancient weapon, we'll have to grind even harder for a BIS Primal Ancient.

Yup, primal is a pretty bad change, I'm not sure why they're doing this.

There is tons to chase after already at the highest levels of play (Not that I even get to that level, I'm usually dragging myself across the stash tab finish line) without adding an even more rare thing to chase after.

Wolfie5

Finished this season and got my 10th stash tab. I don´t think you can have more, right?

Played with WD this season and played around with different builds, but ended up with HT Garg build. Not a single anchient item on my final build, except the weapon, which wasn´t really a good one. Yet, I finished the season pretty easy.
I don´t think introducing Primal Anchients will affect my season play, which is really the only time I play D3. Unless Blizzard makes changes, that you have to have a Primal Anchient to complete a season, but I don´t think that will happen.

Something that hit me recently, is that I really don´t play Non-season. Don´t remember the last time I played Non-season. But for some reason I save up all Anchient items in my Non-season stash, as if I will ever use them.I don´t really need 10 stash tabs, cause in reality I will never actually use the stuff I have. Weird I know, but I don´t think I´m the only one.

I don´t know how/if Primal Anchients will affect me, but I do like that armory system and the change to bounties.

Lanrutcon

Make new content?

Nah, we'll just add some 0.0001% drop rate shit.

What's next? Legendary -> Ancient Legendary -> Primal Legendary -> No THIS Legendary -> Lots Mo' Legendary -> You Won't Believe It's Not Legendary -> Legendary:Revengeance:Drake's Left Sock

Well tbh you don't really need to grind for ancients and primals, all they do is boost the main stats so you can push higher GR and leaderboards.

It's just something to chase for the few who want to grind for that perfect roll and up their stats and push their builds.

I'd rather have new sets and legendaries to mess around with than care about re-grinding for a slightly better quality set I already have.

Primal Ancients is really silly but not that surprising. This game is in maintenance mode. It's an easy way for them to give the hardcore 1% something to chase (although they will probably hate it too) without actually making anything new. It doesn't affect me at all since I usually get my fill when the ancient grind begins. Once my build is functionally complete and somewhat optimal in terms of items, it gets old pretty quick for me.

I have seen a lot of hurtful things when the bonus bounty is screwed up in public games. Good riddance.

I don't really care about the primal stuff. I just want Death Breaths to auto-pickup.

Torment I – VI: No Requirement
Torment VII: Solo Greater Rift 30
Torment VIII: Solo Greater Rift 35
Torment IX: Solo Greater Rift 40
Torment X: Solo Greater Rift 45
Torment XI: Solo Greater Rift 50
Torment XII: Solo Greater Rift 55
Torment XIII: Solo Greater Rift 60

Keeping out the riff-raff.

Maledict

I just don't get these changes. I understand the game is in maintanence and they want cheap easy additions, and the primals fit into that.

But that doesn't fit with the new zones they are introducing! New zones are expensive, it takes significant resources to make them. Yet you only ever see them in adventure mode, and they basically add nothing to the game - just a different set of background scenery whilst you plot through monsters farming. In terms of extending the lifetime of the game and bringing players back, new zones are basically worthless. Yet we keep seeing them!

Look at Path of Exiles leagues, and the new types of content and gameplay they add into those - that's what blizzard should be doing. Not these weird additions where we get minimal changes to items which are what makes the game actually work, and hugely expensive but ultimately window dressing zone additions.

Wolfie5

Went to PTR and crafted 20 ceremonial daggers. Got 1 Primal, 2 Anchient and 17 regular. I guess I got lucky and got one. Maybe next time it will be 60 tries, before I get one, who knows... RNG.

Nby3n28.jpg

Edit:
Main stat on Primal roll 1300 max for weapon and gloves. I assume it´s the same for helmet, amulet and off-hand. Gloves can roll 175 All res and 675 on armor vs anchient 130 AR and 516 armor. Not that you would roll AR or armor on gloves, but I would assume it´s higher also on other items.

Bracers and probably rest of the items roll 845 max. AR is 170. Also increases on LpS, LpH, thorns and level requirement can be reduced by 50(anchients are 40).

The conventional belief is that new zones are leftover assets from a dropped expansion.

Found this on DFans.

WitchDoctor

•Summon Zombie Dogs Cooldown: 45 seconds / Summon 3 Zombie Dogs from the depths to fight by your side. Each dog deals 120 112% of your weapon damage as Physical per hit.

Wizard

•Disintegrate Cost: 18 Arcane Power / Channel a beam of pure energy, dealing 390% weapon damage as Arcane. / Disintegrate damage is increased by 250 640% weapon damage every second, up to a maximum total of 890 1670% weapon damage as Arcane.

My read is Tall Man may get a rework. Cause I don't know of any dog damage build that cannot be outperformed seriously by Gargs. Or maybe some Zuni change, no Gargs but more for fetishes and dogs.

Also channel-Rasha maybe making a come back.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Ha, I was wondering when this would show up. When I looked at save editing on consoles, ancient level was just an integer currently being set to 1. Now we're at 2.

Thinking about it more I have no idea why they would do a slight nerf to dogs. Maybe it is a typo.

Also wondering if they are going to break Firebird/Archon synergy.

Lain

Well tbh you don't really need to grind for ancients and primals, all they do is boost the main stats so you can push higher GR and leaderboards.

It's just something to chase for the few who want to grind for that perfect roll and up their stats and push their builds.

I'd rather have new sets and legendaries to mess around with than care about re-grinding for a slightly better quality set I already have.

I'd love those too, as well as the rest of the legs without effects to get upgraded.

IceMarker

Definitely sounds like lazy game design.

"Hey, how do we help expand itemization and end-game in Diablo III further?"

"Make the numbers bigger and the same items rarer."

"BRILLIANT!"

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I actually don't mind the power creep increase all that much. *shrug*

I think a third tier of legendary is fine as well

But I think they will need to stop there. They'll have to introduce charms or some other meticulous sort of power creep mechanic.

Zimbardo

Primal Ancients, i guess, is better than nothing ...but it's horribly lazy and boring.

i would have preferred a reworking of some of the more useless legendaries ...like they recently did with the Hellcat Waistguard.

also, maybe a boost/reworking of the Legacy of Nightmares set.

Really happy about the bounty chest and armory changes. Not so happy about the primal ancients.

I'm having a hell of a time getting ancient hammerdin stuff, whereas I have a decent LoN bombard build. I might just switch to that.

I'm halfway done with the final season journey chapter - just have to finish the cube stuff, do a T13 rift in under 4 minutes (I've had such crappy luck with rifts) and find a build with enough damage to kill Leoric in under 30 seconds.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Primal Ancients, i guess, is better than nothing ...but it's horribly lazy and boring.

i would have preferred a reworking of some of the more useless legendaries ...like they recently did with the Hellcat Waistguard..

My big beef is that augments are really going to mess this up. It's hard enough now to get full augments on all ancient gear, but now why would you ever do that? Just wait to put those hard earned augments on Primal Ancient gear, which will take even longer to get. The end effect is that all ancient gear will be trivialized and merely temporary gear from now on. SO, why have ancient gear at all then?

I would have rather, instead of primal gear, they introduced some higher form of augments (primal augments!) which were only opened up after you already had current augments on the gear. That way the ancient gear is still useful, the augments are still worth using, AND then the primal augments are your end game stuff.

When ancients were introduced I was like meh, some stat boosts on all other parts of gears but big gains on weapons only. People are already rerolling possible 1000 main stat off hellfire amulets for +%element/phys on top of Crit/CD/Socket for better gains. That's why it's so odd for me that they went with Primals.

Definitely sounds like lazy game design.

"Hey, how do we help expand itemization and end-game in Diablo III further?"

"Make the numbers bigger and the same items rarer."

"BRILLIANT!"

Just quoting this message as an example of sentiment in the thread. I can totally see where people are coming from but as a relatively new player hasn't this concept been in the game for ages?

The difficulty levels are already labelled Torment 1 to 13...and everything is the same enemies just with bigger numbers.

So if what you're fighting is just "bigger numbers" then why shouldn't the gear follow suit?

End game seems/feels like an elaborate RNG-based clicker game already so I'm not sure this changes it really?

All IMHO - I don't have a ton of hours in the game, only paragon 400ish and doing 65 Grifts...

Just quoting this message as an example of sentiment in the thread. I can totally see where people are coming from but as a relatively new player hasn't this concept been in the game for ages?

The difficulty levels are already labelled Torment 1 to 13...and everything is the same enemies just with bigger numbers.

So if what you're fighting is just "bigger numbers" then why shouldn't the gear follow suit?

End game seems/feels like an elaborate RNG-based clicker game already so I'm not sure this changes it really?

All IMHO - I don't have a ton of hours in the game, only paragon 400ish and doing 65 Grifts...

But they already did that with Ancients. Good, interesting power creep is new items/sets that add build options and variety. We saw that for the first few seasons. But with the Ancient/Primals grind, you're not changing anything about how you play, the numbers just get bigger. What's interesting about the climb from Torment 1 to 13 is that you can easily accomplish that simply by building a better character without any ancients at all. The ancient grind doesn't really begin until after that, and that's where I lose interest.

If anyone needs help with a power level I can try to help out. Just shoot me a message on bnet, Mrthirsty#1460. Typically on after 10 PM est. NA servers. Should be on tonight and tomorrow night.

w4ttsup

I'm really excited for the armory, mats storage, and bounty changes.

I think Primals should have been limited to only weapons, off hands, etc. Trying to chase down 13 Primals with even half decent rolls will only be possible by the paragon 1000+ players.

I love the randomness of this game but going with pure power creep to expand the end game will not make me want to play more.

Top Bottom