• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Vashetti

Banned
Probably not possible, but is there a way me and my partner can do co-op on the PS4, but without splitscreen?

His PC is right beside the PS4, is there some way he could remote-play to his PC and be the second player, without split-screen taking up the TV?

Edit: sorry, didn't mean splitscreen, I mean is there a way we can have independent screens, e.g. when we bring up a menu it's not for both players, and the screen doesn't get pulled by either of our characters going a certain direction

Xanathus

Just a heads up, this thread is for the PC version of Diablo 3 so you might get more helpful responses in the thread for the console versions here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639&page=390

I've just started the campaign can someone power level me? I'm on ps4

Hit me up. My PSN name is in my Profile. I'm also looking for more people to play D3 with on the PS4. Paragon 685, GR74 here.

Probably not possible, but is there a way me and my partner can do co-op on the PS4, but without splitscreen?

His PC is right beside the PS4, is there some way he could remote-play to his PC and be the second player, without split-screen taking up the TV?

Edit: sorry, didn't mean splitscreen, I mean is there a way we can have independent screens, e.g. when we bring up a menu it's not for both players, and the screen doesn't get pulled by either of our characters going a certain direction

Jadax

NA vs EU - which clan is more active?

I played a few seasons about 2 years ago, then sort of got bored. Actually both used to be active, but now-a-days I see noone from EU on my friendlist online for D3.

thanks i wont be on until tomorrow. well later today lol it's 2:30am right now so i gotta sleep!

I'm GMT -6, but I'll be on in ~10 hours or so. If I'm not on D3 at the time, though, still hit me up. I'll switch. :D

Just a heads up, this thread is for the PC version of Diablo 3 so you might get more helpful responses in the thread for the console versions here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639&page=390
I really had to pay close attention to the title to understand what the difference between the two threads are. Haha!

Ultratech

Finally got Conqueror done yesterday.

That's the 2nd extra Stash tab I've gotten since Seasons came out.

(Got some much needed help trying to kill the Skeleton King on T13 in 30 sec, since I couldn't burst him down fast enough by myself. That was the only thing I got really stuck on.)

Ayumi

Anyone play on the PTR? Fucking Primal Ancients.

I'm predicting what D3 is gonna look like in a few years when we have Ancient Ancient Ancient Primals.

⟦|[{(Blackthorne's Notched Belt)}]|⟧

I'm predicting what D3 is gonna look like in a few years when we have Ancient Ancient Ancient Primals.

They said they are going to do drastic changes to Primal Ancients because of all the complaints/feedback so we'll see. My complaint is that it only benefits weapons and it's a 1% chance off an already rare chance of Ancient... I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
They said they are going to do drastic changes to Primal Ancients because of all the complaints/feedback so we'll see. My complaint is that it only benefits weapons and it's a 1% chance off an already rare chance of Ancient... I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Uh, no, it's a 1% chance total, because it's 10% chance off an Ancient, which is already 10% of a legendary. 10% * 10% = 1%.

But yeah, not that it matters, since they're reworking them anyway.

Ayumi

Oh, that's neat. I thought it was a great excuse to quit for good, but now*(edit: typo) I have more reasons to stick around. lol

The console OT is nowhere near as populated as this, so I'm going to vent here:

The 350 stash item limit is giving me a LOT of grief. Especially as I start maining my Wizard as much as my Witch Doctor, while not even considering my other level 70 classes. I hover around 300 items at any given moment, keeping set pieces and most pertinent legendaries (including weapons). Keeping this reserve has helped a lot as I test/transition different builds.

Do PC users have this same dilemma? I thought I had read that the PC version has increased stash. Also, how do you fellow GAFfers manage your stash?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Stash management is easier when you only play seasons.

IceMarker

Ah shit, I'm gonna have to update the thread title with Tyrael's new sick Ancient Ancient Ancient Primal drop!

Baliis

The 350 stash item limit is giving me a LOT of grief. Especially as I start maining my Wizard as much as my Witch Doctor, while not even considering my other level 70 classes. I hover around 300 items at any given moment, keeping set pieces and most pertinent legendaries (including weapons). Keeping this reserve has helped a lot as I test/transition different builds.

Do PC users have this same dilemma? I thought I had read that the PC version has increased stash. Also, how do you fellow GAFfers manage your stash?

I mostly manage my stash by only playing seasons. Since I only have to worry about 1-2 classes at a time, it never gets crazy. Also on PC we have more stash space from seasons which help a lot.

h3ro

I've made stash characters, which basically frees up another 70 slots for gear. I believe we're allowed 15 characters so that is plenty of space. Right now I have 4 DH stashes and 4 Monk stashes, allowing me to have a pocket Wizard/Crusader/Barb if I want to mess around with a build.

Agreed, I'm holding off on making new characters because no stash space :(

I think it took me 4-5 hours a few days ago to organise and compare my stash between 2 characters and even then I only managed to make just a couple of spots in the stash.

The mats, gems etc take way too much space. If they itself are separated, I would get 50+ slots instantly.

Xanathus

Primal Ancients now roll perfect Ancient-level stats, will only start dropping after you have completed GR70 solo, and ancients/primal ancients salvage into more souls. I think it's an alright change, it makes it easier overall to get perfect stat gear at the end-game without moving the goal posts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753245877?page=20#post-381
Hey all,

As we mentioned previously, getting your feedback on Primal Ancients has been super helpful. We've heard some really good points, and along with this, we'll be making some changes to how these items work in an upcoming PTR patch.

Rather than increase the power they give you beyond Ancient items, Primal Ancients will now instead roll perfect Ancient-level stats tailored to the character class you're playing when the item first drops. Rerolling any of these at the Mystic will also yield only perfect rolls.

Along with this, these items will be even more rare than they currently are, and will only begin dropping after a character on your account has completed Greater Rift 70 solo (with separate unlocks for Hardcore and normal characters).

Finally, we hear you on wanting Ancient and Primal Ancient items to salvage into something more valuable. With the upcoming PTR patch, Ancient items will salvage into 3 Forgotten Souls, and Primal Ancients will salvage into 15 Forgotten Souls (yay reforging \o/).

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback once you've had a chance to test these changes. Thanks again, and happy hunting.

Syf

Banned
That does sound much better. No longer a totally new gear tier, but a chance for a perfect ancient roll. I'm actually excited to try and get there now next season. Good stuff.

Primal Ancients will now instead roll perfect Ancient-level stats tailored to the character class you’re playing when the item first drops

Almost all items do the latter. I wonder if they are going to prioritize affixes based on the meta.

Along with this, these items will be even more rare than they currently are

Weaker and rarer. Hmmm.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have gave up on the season because I still can't get anywhere near T10 difficult. I've did 2/10 on Champion. T7 is most comfortable. T8 is possible but too much time/dying. So I'm just doing rifts/bounties for the fun of it and have started helping people powerlevel to 70 within the communities. I'm still trying to improve my build.

I think I ruined my Chantodo's Will because I enchanted the damage stat but apparently I should have tried getting a socket to put a green gem in there. So I guess I just keep grinding and hope I get a new one.. In the meantime I am using an Ancient Legendary "Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker". Thanks to Kadala/Kanai's Cube I have upgraded my belt to Legendary and my bracer to an A.L one

I will keep trying for an A.L belt + Chantodo's Will. Should I also be trying for an A.L amulet? or is there a set I should look for that includes a belt/bracer/rings (not sure if that's possible?). As for my rings I found "Restraint" so now have the Restraint/Focus set.

Also I have upgraded the gems in my gear to higher quality ones to get more Intelligence. I will keep doing this until I have the highest quality possible. Should I get rid of that purple one, for Vitality, and stick another yellow gem in? I am worried about health if I should get rid of it.

Celegus

Primal Ancients now roll perfect Ancient-level stats, will only start dropping after you have completed GR70 solo, and ancients/primal ancients salvage into more souls. I think it's an alright change, it makes it easier overall to get perfect stat gear at the end-game without moving the goal posts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753245877?page=20#post-381

That does sound at least better than the original plan. Not sure how they thought that would go over well.

I think I ruined my Chantodo's Will because I enchanted the damage stat but apparently I should have tried getting a socket to put a green gem in there. So I guess I just keep grinding and hope I get a new one.

They take a while to drop when you need them but when you don't need any you will pile up a collection.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ramaladnis-gift

I will keep trying for an A.L belt + Chantodo's Will. Should I also be trying for an A.L amulet? or is there a set I should look for that includes a belt/bracer/rings (not sure if that's possible?). As for my rings I found "Restraint" so now have the Restraint/Focus set.

I don't know what A.L. means here. If you are running with the Wizard weapon/source set you want to use this belt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fazulas-improbable-chain

The 3 main jewelry sets are Legacy of Nightmares (2 rings), F&R (2 rings), and the Endless Walk (1 ring 1 amulet). Almost every damage build uses one of these.

Also I have upgraded the gems in my gear to higher quality ones to get more Intelligence. I will keep doing this until I have the highest quality possible. Should I get rid of that purple one, for Vitality, and stick another yellow gem in? I am worried about health if I should get rid of it.

Everything is a trade off. And dead characters do no damage. With that said, one chest/pants gem will not make that much of a difference. If you are talking about the helm gem it has different effects for Topaz anyway.

Also, if your recovery is low or does not scale with your max life (% boosts) you are probably better slotting diamonds instead of amethysts for survivability.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
They take a while to drop when you need them but when you don't need any you will pile up a collection.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ramaladnis-gift

I don't know what A.L. means here. If you are running with the Wizard weapon/source set you want to use this belt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fazulas-improbable-chain

The 3 main jewelry sets are Legacy of Nightmares (2 rings), F&R (2 rings), and the Endless Walk (1 ring 1 amulet). Almost every damage build uses one of these.

Everything is a trade off. And dead characters do no damage. With that said, one chest/pants gem will not make that much of a difference. If you are talking about the helm gem it has different effects for Topaz anyway.

Also, if your recovery is low or does not scale with your max life (% boosts) you are probably better slotting diamonds instead of amethysts for survivability.

I actually got a chantodo's will today 1st attempt using Kanai's cube! Couldn't believe it. It does lightning damage which I can't change because I enchanted another stat to get a socket but even with my most powerful green gem it was weaker than my sword. I got a new source too and it is more powerful. I know if i use the set it will help archon but my damage/toughness/recovery are much lower.

A.L = ancient legendary. Didn't want to keep typing out. Thought it would be obvious. I will keep looking for sets then. I grouped up with some players to do T10 bounties so managed to get 4/10 objectives but would like to do it myself. I just can't figure it out.

Roland's and Zuni are both up to a 2500% bonus in the PTR. Even with a 2/3 damage bonus I don't see many running Carnevil.

Delsere’s getting boosted all over but everyone will still use Archon burst builds.

Ayumi

Anyone done other conquests but Curses? Which did you do, with which class and how would your rate them in terms of difficulty?

Also, does Goldwrap proc from party members doing damage? I assume no.

Xanathus

Anyone done other conquests but Curses? Which did you do, with which class and how would your rate them in terms of difficulty?

Also, does Goldwrap proc from party members doing damage? I assume no.

The easiest ones are cursed chest, Avarice, and GR 40 no set.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Boss Rush is pretty easy as long as you have at least two people. Just make sure everyone joins all the fights.

Ultratech

I did Speed Demon and The Thrill on my Monk.

Speed Demon was a bit random for me (me and another dude were straight-up trying to get it and ended up nabbing it on our first Rift we did).
Honestly though, it's not hard, it's just a matter of finding the right Rift and being able to kill stuff very quickly. (The large wide-open area maps tend to be good for this.)

The Thrill wasn't was too bad for me.
Just had to take my time going through the GR, but never ran into any major issues with it.
It's a lot more doable than you think. Strong Legendary Gems and decent Gear helps quite a bit.

Wallach

Yikes... not a fan of the Primal Ancient adjustment at all.

Not only does it reduce the exposure of the item class down to an even smaller subsection of players, it's now a less than 1% chance on a legendary drop to do the most boring thing itemization based on roll ranges could possibly do. A literal end cap on itemization progression pending a level cap increase; what a dreadful abstraction of the current odds of receiving a perfectly rolled piece of gear. About the last thing I'd ever ask for in this genre.

Cipherr

The new primal ancient stuff will be going live on the NEXT season right?

Yikes... not a fan of the Primal Ancient adjustment at all.

Not only does it reduce the exposure of the item class down to an even smaller subsection of players, it's now a less than 1% chance on a legendary drop to do the most boring thing itemization based on roll ranges could possibly do. A literal end cap on itemization progression pending a level cap increase; what a dreadful abstraction of the current odds of receiving a perfectly rolled piece of gear. About the last thing I'd ever ask for in this genre.

Yeah honestly v2 of primals is worst than the first IMO. The first was lazy as fuck Ill admit, but this new one may as well be nothing. I mean, whats the difference between a lucky perfectly rolled ancient and a primal ancient?

So.... nothing? Thats like, literally adding nothing instead of a bad something. I suppose you could call that a good change if you just wanted it all to stay exactly the same, but damn. They replaced being lazy with doing nothing instead. Wow.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What I don't understand about the "perfect rolls" thing is if it affects every affix or just your main stat and vit. Has Blizzard specified?

Dunfisch

What I don't understand about the "perfect rolls" thing is if it affects every affix or just your main stat and vit. Has Blizzard specified?

Everything that has a stat range on any given item.

So when that elusive item you want finally decides to drop as Primal, it will have the highest possible min-max damage roll, highest possible stat rolls, and best possible legendary effect.

It's quite literally saying "here's that item you wanted with 100% perfect rolls, it won't get any better than this.".

Gonna be funny on item / player tracker sites, given that an item can now actually attain 100% item perfection. If someone managed a full Primal in every slot, that'd be really it. No way to get better, outside of grinding Paragon and gems.

Except, naturally, when that ammy you found didn't roll CHC and CD and CDR all at once and you can only get 2 of 3. BTW, Kadala rerolls will also be perfect, so there's that at least.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Gotcha, thanks guys.

I can only imagine how expensive stat rerolls will be lol.

Dun, you cas', Kadala's the gambler, not the Mystic. Pft.

Top Bottom