• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Cold damage itself doesn't do crowd control, so Arcane Orb/Frozen Orb isn't proc'd by Trapped by itself. Only stuff like chill/cold that affects mob movement.

That's what I thought, but why is it my Frozen Orb is slowing enemies down? I've checked all my gear and it makes no sense.

Edit: Noticing the same results with Blizzard...the Snowbound Rune does not specify it adds a chill effect nor does the standard Blizzard tooltip, yet when I cast it on enemies, they are "slowed"??

Hey, first time playing through. I'm on Expert difficulty and got my Barbarian to 33 in the mid of Act II.

1) At what point can I expect to down my nemesis? Third time I geared and spec'ed for the encounter when I felt the tell tale rumble, got him to like 40% before dying.

2) Finding the timed random challenges really hard. Always running out of time in second phase. Is it just a matter of figuring out the right fit or need to bump down difficulty to win?

Otherwise it's been a fun ride so far. My last experience was D1 on PS1 and worried this would be too simplistic. Hah! Nothing overtly challenging aside from the above two yet neither too easy to be boring.

Alrus

That's what I thought, but why is it my Frozen Orb is slowing enemies down? I've checked all my gear and it makes no sense.

Edit: Noticing the same results with Blizzard...the Snowbound Rune does not specify it adds a chill effect nor does the standard Blizzard tooltip, yet when I cast it on enemies, they are "slowed"??

I think any cold damage has a relatively low chance to chill enemies actually.

Dunfisch

What am I missing...

Yoshi's Admin of the EU D3 GAF clan... well, used to! That's me now. The momentous occasion was him coming on to just hand over the position and confirm to be back in time for D2 HD, which better be fucking coming!

Other than that, it was mostly just an administrative action. Not that he's not welcome, I'm ready to demonstrate all the cool new shit in D3 anytime.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Was finishing up Chapter 4 and this happened!

5kU6BN7.png

Finally!

So for Chapter 5, there's something about a Set Dungeon. I've never heard of this before?

Ayumi

Was finishing up Chapter 4 and this happened!So for Chapter 5, there's something about a Set Dungeon. I've never heard of this before?

Did you get those wings by random? fffffffffffffffffffffff.

Set dugeons is a map where you have to wear 6P (RoRG if you want) of a set and complete objectives within a time frame. Some are easy, some are hell.

uniform

Was finishing up Chapter 4 and this happened!

Congrats. I've been farming RBGs for quite a while. Exploiting Upper Realm gave me some hope of getting lucky and finding them, yet now that Blizzard fixed the Goblin spawns in that area, I'm back to running the old routes, and gd is it tedious. From 2-3 RBGs an hour to one every 3-4 sucks. It's getting pretty easy to just give up on them.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
GR90 down. Not as impressive as Syntek's GR100 record, but I'm proud nonetheless, and that's #1 in EU-GAF anyway.

I can probably push to 95 with a few augments and a bit of luck. GR88, 89 and 90 were kinda crappy for me. Bad mob types, bad maps, fairly low density and not a whole lot of pylons.

aasch08

Neo Member
Anyone playing seasons on PS4 want to start teaming up & doing group runs on ladder? GF & I are hovering around GR 90-100 and playing with some more people might be fun.

psn name is same as user name

Dunfisch

GR90 down. Not as impressive as Syntek's GR100 record, but I'm proud nonetheless, and that's #1 in EU-GAF anyway.

I can probably push to 95 with a few augments and a bit of luck. GR88, 89 and 90 were kinda crappy for me. Bad mob types, bad maps, fairly low density and not a whole lot of pylons.

Burning hate and envy. I shall overcome!

...somehow

IIRC all Wizard cold skills proc slow. A lot of stuff does not make it in the tooltip sadly. Like Haunt causing slow for example.

what is in this update? got it on ps4. I can't imagine they'd be changing anything other than backend stuff during a season. I'm worried they nerfed something with the necro

w4ttsup

Thanks for the PL last night Quantum.

Haven't seen many barbs or saders at all this season so maybe I can actually make and stay on the leaderboards.

StuffRuff

Well I played the hell out of the Free Play weekend on Xbox but I still can't decide between that or the PC (where I've played a lot of the game already).

It was nice to be on the sat in comfort with a controller but I felt like it wasn't nearly as populated as on PC as I entered a lot of games with either just me or one other person. This was for T6/10 and 13 general rifting. Would be interesting to see the population numbers between all three platforms.

EDIT: Was also disappointing to see that I had to buy the eternal edition if I wanted it digitally.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Well I played the hell out of the Free Play weekend on Xbox but I still can't decide between that or the PC (where I've played a lot of the game already).

It was nice to be on the sat in comfort with a controller but I felt like it wasn't nearly as populated as on PC as I entered a lot of games with either just me or one other person. This was for T6/10 and 13 general rifting. Would be interesting to see the population numbers between all three platforms.

EDIT: Was also disappointing to see that I had to buy the eternal edition if I wanted it digitally.

i'd go for the PC version. playing with a controller is great i must admit. i originally played the game on PS3/PS4. i don't think keyboard/mouse is bad though. i prefer the PC version because like you say it is more populated and also i find it easier to group up with people and get help thanks to the communities built into the game on PC.

Quantum

I think ultimately it comes down to personal preference and therefore is subjective.

I own it both on xbone and PC, but find the PC controls (with mmorpg mouse) a pleasure to use. I am also able to play using the PC version in places where I can't bring an xbox.

With the volume of players I can't speak to the xbox this season, but generally the popularity of the game dies down rapidly after two-three weeks of a season starting.

This might be different this season with the new DLC/necromancer.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Picked up the Necro DLC for PS4 last night and restarted my game. I put a few hundred hours into the PC version then quit.... then put a few hundred hours into the PS4 version then quit... but I am back, though all of my PS4 characters are gone. No matter, seasons are here!

Of course, I had to make a necro, and he's ridiculously fun. Looking for PS4 peoples to play with. Did join a few communities as well.

Zertez

Picked up the Necro DLC for PS4 last night and restarted my game. I put a few hundred hours into the PC version then quit.... then put a few hundred hours into the PS4 version then quit... but I am back, though all of my PS4 characters are gone. No matter, seasons are here!

Of course, I had to make a necro, and he's ridiculously fun. Looking for PS4 peoples to play with. Did join a few communities as well.
I'm playing on PS4, Necro and WD. ID is Tickmin, I can help you.

Sanctuary

Just think, if Command Skeleton worked properly, and Mages didn't AFK about half of the time, you could push an additional five GRs!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my 6 piece for Multishot Unhallowed Essence build on my DH. A MAJOR jump in power. Did GR45 which is the highest I've ever done on any character, so that felt good.

I'm curious on how to achieve more "progression" at this point. Minor upgrades to the pieces I've got? Using the cube for various boosts on the gear? I see DH is being lead by Impale builds so I should probably build a set while I grind...But in general, when you've got "BIS" gear, is it all about perfect rolls? And I know you can do some crazy shit with the cube to make items even more powerful, but what?

Zertez

Got my 6 piece for Multishot Unhallowed Essence build on my DH. A MAJOR jump in power. Did GR45 which is the highest I've ever done on any character, so that felt good.

I'm curious on how to achieve more "progression" at this point. Minor upgrades to the pieces I've got? Using the cube for various boosts on the gear? I see DH is being lead by Impale builds so I should probably build a set while I grind...But in general, when you've got "BIS" gear, is it all about perfect rolls? And I know you can do some crazy shit with the cube to make items even more powerful, but what?
Set bonus, good build, synergies from gear, high lvl legendary gems, and getting great rolls on the pieces you have matter a lot. Upgrading from legendaries to ancient legendaries then to various primals. Being squishy holds me back more so than dmg, Travelers Pledge and the Compass Rose is nice, but getting the Compass Rose to drop is a pain

Dunfisch

GR90 four man down on the EU side, slow going compared to the US folks, but we'll get there. Was a blast today! So much loot and good times.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just think, if Command Skeleton worked properly, and Mages didn't AFK about half of the time, you could push an additional five GRs!

That reminds me: for high level play you're supposed to do the whole numlock thing, but I can't be arsed to even try it. Plus I'm on a laptop with no numpad right now.

Also, there's a P900-something on the EU leaderboards with the same build and roughly the same stats as me who managed GR102 I believe, so I guess I still have room for improvement.

GR90 four man down on the EU side, slow going compared to the US folks, but we'll get there. Was a blast today! So much loot and good times.

Yup, tons of fun. GR93 was a complete debacle, but in fairness, that rift sucked.
I can only imagine how far we could push GRs if you and Rivalcycle played support/high-dps classes *cough*

I can't believe this is something that went through with all the closed beta testing. If anyone at Blizzard actually tried the Rathma build, they would notice it too but somehow it's here today where Skeletal Mages will sit still and do nothing with 1 rare on screen. Pretty disappointing.

Set bonus, good build, synergies from gear, high lvl legendary gems, and getting great rolls on the pieces you have matter a lot. Upgrading from legendaries to ancient legendaries then to various primals. Being squishy holds me back more so than dmg, Travelers Pledge and the Compass Rose is nice, but getting the Compass Rose to drop is a pain

I got a compass rose but I still can't get a fuckin dawn. Running calamity in the cube with yang recurve on a multishot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I've been hunting for a Witching Hour since deciding on a build, so that should help a little. The rest seems like I'll just have to get lucky with minor upgrades. GR55 is my current limit...I just want to hit that GR70 Primal threshold!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm playing an HC Rathma build and it should be called "the hunt for Tasker and Theo" because this shit will never drop.

Now that you mention it, it is indeed rare. I guess I was lucky enough to find one early on.

If it's any consolation I've been gambling for ancient Rathma shoulders for 1 or 2 weeks now. The only one I got was crap. Don't know why it's so hard to get when the rest of my set is ancient.

commish

I am using Rhatma since the season starts. It is indeed fun.

What is the build? I'm only 2 days in so I don't know what build to aim for.

For that matter, I'm not even sure how to proceed. I got up to 70 yesterday and did GRifts up to 21. But I'm not sure what I should be doing to progress - just more Grifts?

commish

Radec

I'm not sure what that is, but I will google it to check. I don't think so.

And I can't believe I'll be farming for a tasker & theo again. I spent so long getting one on my WD.

Edit: Oh, I haven't done these quests yet, I will do them! Thanks for the heads up

The gift gives you all the rhatma pieces, then just look for the weapon and shield in the guide.

Watch the youtube too to know how it plays out.

Also do the challenge rift once every week to get free materials.

Forward

Man, I've been farming for over a week for a Furnace to Kanai Cube, and then THIS happens.

6TpaRkY.png

...I'm being straight trolled.

w4ttsup

That Furnace would have been awesome a couple years ago!

I put so many mats this season into crafting one but it never came up.

Took a random rift drop for me to finally pick it up.

Top Bottom