• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kuYuri

I need fwendsssss. Ayumi#2458 (US). (  ̄3 ̄) 〜♡

Most of my friendlist moved on/got bored with S5.

I still hop on! I've just been busy with work/sick as hell in bed. ;-;

The time zone thing definitely messes me up as well.

Decado

How do you make the game challenging? Or does it get harder? I finished the base game with a friend in 2014. We Picked up reaper and started at over at lvl 1, new characters, on hard. Seemed easy so we started over again on expert.

Cleared chunk of act 1...still easy. Started over on Master, but couldn't bring ourself to play much. Does it get more challenging? I don't recall the base game being this easy a few years ago.

Not going for optimal builds or anything (not that there is much to the crappy levelling system).

Baliis

How do you make the game challenging? Or does it get harder? I finished the base game with a friend in 2014. We Picked up reaper and started at over at lvl 1, new characters, on hard. Seemed easy so we started over again on expert.

Cleared chunk of act 1...still easy. Started over on Master, but couldn't bring ourself to play much. Does it get more challenging? I don't recall the base game being this easy a few years ago.

Not going for optimal builds or anything (not that there is much to the crappy levelling system).

Most of the challenge is going to be in pushing high grifts. The difficulty options only scale up to Torment 10 which is about GR45, but most people are pushing 70+.

The level 1-70 has gotten much much easier because of a couple reasons. They reworked the logic for what stats roll on gear, so its much much easier to get gear that has appropriate stuff now. When i first killed diablo at launch, I was still in mostly blues that maybe had a bit of dex, I had 0 extra vit at all so I couldn't get hit at all or i'd get one shot. Now, it would be weird to not hit 60/70 with full rares with main stat+vit plus other relevant stats, plus a legendary here or there.

Also, there's a lot more powerful affixes on legendaries now, so some of them can really make the lower levels trivial by giving spells huge +dmg, because they're really balanced around high grift mob hp.

Finally got a solid rift and did a 14:21 81, but there's like 4 other people on so no one to celebrate with T_T

Baliis

So restarting at L1 on Master is the way to go?

Probably, though it might start to feel slow after a while. Realistically, the game just isn't balanced for 1-70. You don't need to start over though, you can play at any difficulty up to T6 I think? Just select the difficulty before you enter the game.

Baliis

IIRC people have actually perma-died in HC in set dungeons from some sort of outside sources of damage.

Huh? There's no difference between HC and SC for set dungeons. It says in the little pop up that dying won't matter.

I just wanted to follow up on this again since there's a post on the D3 subreddit about it. If you're using a Moratorium in the set dungeon, the delayed damage can kill you. I know some people like to use that in HC, so watch out if you do.

Decado

Probably, though it might start to feel slow after a while. Realistically, the game just isn't balanced for 1-70. You don't need to start over though, you can play at any difficulty up to T6 I think? Just select the difficulty before you enter the game.

Pretty sure in the menu it says you can't increase the difficulty level without restarting. You can only lower the difficulty.

EDIT: NM. You are right! Thanks. Don't know why is says that in menu. Misleading.

Ayumi

Sad to see how easy it is to get a Furnace now, and how little it means unless you Cube it, or get an ancient drop (kek).

It's so hard to get Anicent drops though.. I realize I won't be able to push much further unless I get to replace more of my gear with ancients. 1 ring aside, only my torso is ancient. :<

xenist

I faceroll Torment 8 and dependably run Torment 9 but the damn Firebird dungeon still cannot be mastered. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

robochimp

So what are Demon hunters rolling with in group play? Currently running with a UE multi shot build that should take me close to GR70 solo(currently at 67) and I just built a computer that runs the game much better, so I'm ready to group up.

I also have the other DH sets.

Addnan

So what are Demon hunters rolling with in group play? Currently running with a UE multi shot build that should take me close to GR70 solo(currently at 67) and I just built a computer that runs the game much better, so I'm ready to group up.

I also have the other DH sets.
Support.

kuYuri

Hit that wall in Grifts where I need ancient everything, especially Blade of the Warlord, just to progress any higher, ugh.

Can't kill anything fast enough otherwise. :<

Just came back to Diablo III after patch 1.04, holy crap have things changed. I stopped playing due to auction house + insane difficulty with crap gear (old Inferno), it's amazing how good the game is now with ROS, been playing for two weeks solid and loving it. Think my new Barb is stronger after 3 days than my old Barb was after 100s of hours, and haven't once had to leave the game to get good gear. Well done Blizzard.

Syntsui

I'm getting a bit disappointed with Barb rn. It seems I'll only be able to high Grifts if I get lucky witht he mobs and the boss. Raek/Immortal is way to frail :(

Watched Beasts of No Nation last night and I kept thinking of the WD whenever the guys talked.

Movie was great though

and now you know why I don't play WD.

I really do hate that the only playable black characters in the game are running around in loin cloths, hunched over with the crackhead shakes. No knock against anyone who likes them or the class. I just can't do it.

Oh and yea the movie was baller. Idris should have been nominated for something, but I get the feeling the Academy isn't ready to recognize Netflix on a stage that big yet.

Firemind

How the hell do you farm yellow mats? Seems like they're more a pain in the ass to get than DBs at this point. Right now I just pick up white/blue mats and convert them. Still, having to pick them up one by one is fucking stupid.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
How the hell do you farm yellow mats? Seems like they're more a pain in the ass to get than DBs at this point. Right now I just pick up white/blue mats and convert them. Still, having to pick them up one by one is fucking stupid.

What I don't get is this: when you pick up a gem on the ground, it picks up all surrounding gems, whether they're of the same type or not. Right?

Then why is each mat type treated differently in that regard? If I pick up a veiled crystal, I want all surrounding death breaths, reusable parts, arcane dusts, and forgotten souls to be picked up as well. Would make my life much easier.

Also, to answer your question: salvage from Kadala I guess? I got nothing.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Speaking of support, earlier tonight the EU gang and I attempted to clear GR75 (and failed by a hair, sadly). I'm a LoN Bombardment Sader. Thanks to group support (wiz + monk) I was sitting at 2 BILLION toughness at some points. Ridonckulous.

[EDIT] Whoops, hadn't even realized I'd already posted. It's getting late...

1.) Just pick up everything when TX rifting. Have a lot of space in your backpack.

2.) Convert resources you have more of than you need to yellows via the Cube.

Firemind

1.) Just pick up everything when TX rifting. Have a lot of space in your backpack.

2.) Convert resources you have more of than you need to yellows via the Cube.
I'm already out of whites and blues.

The problem is I play the Wand of Woh build. Picking up everything on the ground means 1) less In-geom uptime when moving and 2) TPing to salvage is a pain in the ass because I have to turn off numlock. I can't TP otherwise because it automatically casts EB or DS when they're off cooldown. Also, one yellow mat for each yellow item is beyond fucked up, considering that rerolling costs 15 yellow mats. Honestly, it's nowhere worth the trouble to pick up yellows unless they're stacked yellow mats. This shit needs some serious rehauling.

nin1000

Banned
can someone add me to the GAF clan ? i asked once but i think i did not get seen :p
EU here
Stephan#1767

Currently trying to force farm a wand of woh and well, no luck atm, is the drop rate that bad? :(
still only paragon 250 but i am trying to climb up that level piece by piece.

eek5

can someone add me to the GAF clan ? i asked once but i think i did not get seen :p
EU here
Stephan#1767

Currently trying to force farm a wand of woh and well, no luck atm, is the drop rate that bad? :(
still only paragon 250 but i am trying to climb up that level piece by piece.

It's the rarest wand. When a wand drops you have a 3% chance of it being a WoW.. yeahh keep farming :)

If it makes you feel better I've gotten two ancient ones as drops

nin1000

Banned
It's the rarest wand. When a wand drops you have a 3% chance of it being a WoW.. yeahh keep farming :)

If it makes you feel better I've gotten two ancient ones as drops

ZVBcbYq.jpg

Well, tonight i got incredibly lucky!

Bounties and GRs give a lot of yellow mats actually

So restarting at L1 on Master is the way to go?
Don't bother, finish campaign asap then move on to adventure mode, you can set the difficulty easily according to your gear.

The difficulty system does not work like other games, it is more like "how do I want to do the content right now", rather than "what should I play on this playthrough" because there is no such thing as a "playthrough" other than the campaign which is not important at all.

Lain

Finally done with the season journey.
Leveling a HC character went better than it did last season, thanks to couple lucky drops and because after killing one character because I was falling asleep the other day, today I started on hard and only went to master after I got a couple lucky drops (unstable scepter and etched sigil). Kadala put out too (gave me an aquila cuirass and a mantle of channeling) making the 40+ leveling pretty relaxing.
Now that the journey is completed I can go back to Dragon's Dogma and try to complete that.

Meh. Only 16 and some stray yellows on TX. I need dem yellows to reroll so I can finish a rift under 4 minutes for the journey. Getting +skill on gear is sigh.
It's actually pretty quick compared to some other rolls (hello crit damage on amulet)
Well, now its time to farm a In-Geom : I

If you're wizard PL another class (don't know which class has the highest in geom loot chance) to 70 then craft swords with that class

I'm already out of whites and blues.

The problem is I play the Wand of Woh build. Picking up everything on the ground means 1) less In-geom uptime when moving and 2) TPing to salvage is a pain in the ass because I have to turn off numlock. I can't TP otherwise because it automatically casts EB or DS when they're off cooldown. Also, one yellow mat for each yellow item is beyond fucked up, considering that rerolling costs 15 yellow mats. Honestly, it's nowhere worth the trouble to pick up yellows unless they're stacked yellow mats. This shit needs some serious rehauling.

Oh I see. I use the In-Geom build as well.

It's just a sacrifice that is made. Keep as much uptime as you can while not skipping mats. At worst, you turn a 3 minute TX run into 4 minutes, right?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

My farming build. Everything basic as hell. I have no problems staying alive or stopping to pick up every mat I want to pick up along the way. Yea, In-Geom sometimes drops, but really who cares. Mats > In-Geom uptime.

Top Bottom