• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Firemind

It's actually pretty quick compared to some other rolls (hello crit damage on amulet)

If you're wizard PL another class (don't know which class has the highest in geom loot chance) to 70 then craft swords with that class
I'm fine with 85+% CD on ammy, but less than 15% skill damage? Ugh.

Oh I see. I use the In-Geom build as well.

It's just a sacrifice that is made. Keep as much uptime as you can while not skipping mats. At worst, you turn a 3 minute TX run into 4 minutes, right?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

My farming build. Everything basic as hell. I have no problems staying alive or stopping to pick up every mat I want to pick up along the way. Yea, In-Geom sometimes drops, but really who cares. Mats > In-Geom uptime.
3-4 minute TX runs I wish. Everything but Tal ancients are dropping...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I attempted the sprinter conquest - Acts I through V in under 1 hour - the other day with two random people on the Sprinter community (yes, there is one, on the EU server at least).

We clocked at 1h30+. To be fair, we didn't have much practice beforehand, and we were missing one person.

Also, Wiz and DH are supposedly the best classes to have for that conquest, but unless I haven't met the right wizards and DHs, I'm gonna call horseshit on this one. That's right, horseshit, cause my crusader and his loyal horsey were much faster than the other two guys.

At first I was staying in town, as someone needs to do that to turn in quests faster, but as soon as I joined them on the quests I realized I was going much faster than them.

Imagine this: 10 sec-steed charge with no cooldown. And with max paragon speed, krelm's buff belt, +50% speed for 5 seconds from an active law and a few other things, I can run at 250-300% speed all the time. How is that slower than anything else? The wiz with Aether Walker couldn't even keep up with me! Only downside is: can't go past walls and stuff, obviously.

Has anyone managed to do the conquest here? I need it to finish the Guardian journey.

Cipherr

I pick up everything while leveling that yellow and above. I keep doing that at max level until I get to around T5. By that point I have so many blue white and yellow mats that it never becomes an issue.

Just came back to Diablo III after patch 1.04, holy crap have things changed. I stopped playing due to auction house + insane difficulty with crap gear (old Inferno), it's amazing how good the game is now with ROS, been playing for two weeks solid and loving it. Think my new Barb is stronger after 3 days than my old Barb was after 100s of hours, and haven't once had to leave the game to get good gear. Well done Blizzard.

Yeah the game barely even resembles the launch. Thats why its sort of frustrating when gaffers who havent played it in 3 years are like "D3 suuuuuucks!" hahaha.

oooooh. well...shit.

how many pieces are you away from 5? You should run some laps with me, then. I'll give you any rasha pieces that drop for me and we'll clear very fast which will certainly increase the chances of the necessary pieces dropping. A basic Rashas set really does unlock EZ mode up to GR60 at least.

I'm fine with 85+% CD on ammy, but less than 15% skill damage? Ugh.

Meh, you usually have like 75-200% to the skill you're using from one piece (like weapon) so 2% won't change shit lol, I'm usually content with anything that is 13-15%

nin1000

Banned
It's actually pretty quick compared to some other rolls (hello crit damage on amulet)

If you're wizard PL another class (don't know which class has the highest in geom loot chance) to 70 then craft swords with that class

Thanks for the info there, will do that right away :D

Thanks for the offer but I have the Tal 6pc. I'm just missing the ancients. :)

I almost have a full Vyr ancient set now. :lol

oh well what's the problem then? ancient versions are only going to add a few more % worth of damage and are wholly unnecessary for fast tx clears. gameplay is exactly the same and clears should be no problem. Stop and pick up all the mats, the end. there's nothing else to it.

Firemind

oh well what's the problem then? ancient versions are only going to add a few more % worth of damage and are wholly unnecessary for fast tx clears. gameplay is exactly the same and clears should be no problem. Stop and pick up all the mats, the end. there's nothing else to it.
I play HC, so having the gold buff is kind of important. Taking time to pick up items so the buffs fall off is pretty annoying. I even refuse to stand in a pile of molten explosions because I'm not sure if the gold buff lasts. :lol

oooh. i probably wouldn't go with that build at all, then. do you have a Fragment of Destiny? There's a heavy shield build that is only maybe 10% slower and 1,000% safer.

eek5

I play HC, so having the gold buff is kind of important. Taking time to pick up items so the buffs fall off is pretty annoying. I even refuse to stand in a pile of molten explosions because I'm not sure if the gold buff lasts. :lol

Gold buff lasts a long time. I wouldn't worry about it too much because your pet will pick shit up for you too.

If you want to be extra tanky, drop sages and wear 6p tal + goldwrap + 2pc firebird. Cube aquila cuirass or the shield bracer. Alternatively drop nems and wear shield bracer and cube aquila cuirass if you're over 50% CDR. Switch out scramble for prismatic or ice shield. Never die again.

The fragment of destiny build is easier to loot shit but I find that it is way squishier than Tal-WoW with 50%+ CDR

Oh I see. I use the In-Geom build as well.

It's just a sacrifice that is made. Keep as much uptime as you can while not skipping mats. At worst, you turn a 3 minute TX run into 4 minutes, right?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

My farming build. Everything basic as hell. I have no problems staying alive or stopping to pick up every mat I want to pick up along the way. Yea, In-Geom sometimes drops, but really who cares. Mats > In-Geom uptime.

Area dmg only affects the first explosive blast. I'd roll shoulder to EB% and chest to EB%. It's not a ton of extra dmg because of the 80%+ on the WoW but it helps when you're speed running GRs. Sage glove with CC/CD/CDR should be easy to get too and will help a bit with downtime. CDR on source too :(

Firemind

Gold buff lasts a long time. I wouldn't worry about it too much because your pet will pick shit up for you too.

If you want to be extra tanky, drop sages and wear 6p tal + goldwrap + 2pc firebird. Cube aquila cuirass or the shield bracer. Alternatively drop nems and wear shield bracer and cube aquila cuirass if you're over 50% CDR. Switch out scramble for prismatic or ice shield. Never die again.

The fragment of destiny build is easier to loot shit but I find that it is way squishier than Tal-WoW with 50%+ CDR
I already dropped Sages since I didn't find it to be worth the risk + cube slot. 2pc firebird is a good concession; I found 4pc to be a bother since you're required to have RROG in the cube. I already use Ice Armor Crystallize, but I'm not sure how it works with the shield buff bracer. The 12% default melee reduction doesn't get buffed on the sheet. Does it only affect the armor buff?

Area dmg only affects the first explosive blast. I'd roll shoulder to EB% and chest to EB%. It's not a ton of extra dmg because of the 80%+ on the WoW but it helps when you're speed running GRs. Sage glove with CC/CD/CDR should be easy to get too and will help a bit with downtime. CDR on source too :(

I'm not looking to roll anything on that gear because I'm only using it temporarily for tx farming and it does that with great efficiency already. Further investment feels like a waste of mats. Though I agree if I was pushing GRs with it or something I'd be looking to optimize it further.

eek5

I'm not looking to roll anything on that gear because I'm only using it temporarily for tx farming and it does that with great efficiency already. Further investment feels like a waste of mats. Though I agree if I was pushing GRs with it or something I'd be looking to optimize it further.

I think it's worth it to invest in Tal-wow. I've gotten my set to 2-3min GR60s and 3.5min GR65s. Run 70s faster than my DMO too.

Really fast augmenting now.

I think it's worth it to invest in Tal-wow. I've gotten my set to 2-3min GR60s and 3.5min GR65s. Run 70s faster than my DMO too.

i'll keep that in mind, then. sounds convenient for efficient gem leveling. I probably won't consider it unless i get an ancient woh drop though, tbqh.

eek5

i'll keep that in mind, then. sounds convenient for efficient gem leveling. I probably won't consider it unless i get an ancient woh drop though, tbqh.

Here is my tal wiz for anyone curious
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/71161335

I usually use in-geom in cube but I was doing ubers to gear up my zdps wd. Gems are BotP, Eso, trapped for GRs.

I find it more fun than DMO for GRs. Once you get enough DBs you can just swap out Eso for lightning one for rifts and speed farm keys or tal source and wear gold wrap and then swap eso for boon so no skill/gear swap really to switch between GR/NR.

For bounties I like to use cosmic strand (crafted; wormhole on teleport). I tried 4s oculus but it's applied before CDR so it's not as fast.

Cosmic strand not super fast without in-geom proc but with 50+% cdr it's passable and you kill stuff fast enough that it's still pretty quick for bounty.

I've seen some GR builds that replace in-geom with furnace. I tried it and it's.. decent but I don't think it's worth it. You should push GRs as high as you can maintain in-geom proc. You really only need to get 3-4 seconds worth per elite to make it worth it.

Here is my tal wiz for anyone curious
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/71161335

I usually use in-geom in cube but I was doing ubers to gear up my zdps wd. Gems are BotP, Eso, trapped for GRs.

I find it more fun than DMO for GRs. Once you get enough DBs you can just swap out Eso for lightning one for rifts and speed farm keys or tal source and wear gold wrap and then swap eso for boon so no skill/gear swap really to switch between GR/NR.

For bounties I like to use cosmic strand (crafted; wormhole on teleport). I tried 4s oculus but it's applied before CDR so it's not as fast.

Cosmic strand not super fast without in-geom proc but with 50+% cdr it's passable and you kill stuff fast enough that it's still pretty quick for bounty.

I've seen some GR builds that replace in-geom with furnace. I tried it and it's.. decent but I don't think it's worth it. You should push GRs as high as you can maintain in-geom proc. You really only need to get 3-4 seconds worth per elite to make it worth it.
that's a lot of commitment to that build. despair infusions and everything. how high do you think you can push that one?

also if i get an ancient woh i'll consider some things. until then, I'm going to just make plans to keep using my ancient serpent sparker with my rasha set.

eek5

that's a lot of commitment to that build. despair infusions and everything. how high do you think you can push that one?

also if i get an ancient woh i'll consider some things. until then, I'm going to just make plans to keep using my ancient serpent sparker with my rasha set.

I cleared a 71 in under 8 minutes IIRC. I think realistically the cap for normal people (not paragon 2k+) speedfarm wise is probably around 72-73. Push maybe up to 74-75+ without changing gear but it'd be really sketchy because of toughness issues.

At that point you might have to switch the build around to bring in more defense and swap out in-geom for furance or aether walker or something else but I don't think it would be considered "flash fire" anymore. Tal itself should be able to get to GR80 with a lot of fishing. It has one of the highest dmg multipliers of any set.

biaxident

Is augmenting required to get gr70? Only ask cause my dh is at 67 but nothing is augmented yet, just want that 70 for the journey but mainly playing hardcore lately on my sader. I definitely don't have a speed build in the 60s, using marauders.

eek5

Is augmenting required to get gr70? Only ask cause my dh is at 67 but nothing is augmented yet, just want that 70 for the journey but mainly playing hardcore lately on my sader. I definitely don't have a speed build in the 60s, using marauders.

No, it isn't required (depending on your build).

Baliis

I hit like 78 or 79 I think without any augments. At 81 now I only have 2 I think?

Ayumi

I should really stop salvaging my TAL drops...

Also uh, does DMO only drop 1 item of each set each season? I haven't gotten two of one yet, but I have all the set pieces.

Cipherr

I must be complete shit at this game. I can barely clear GR47.

Hell man, I have just gotten a halfway decent set together for my EB TalRashas set and now when I join Torment 10 pubs to do GRifts they keep choosing level freaking 60 and I cant ever survive it.

Work so hard to get this gear and learn to play the build. Clear TX normal rift runs in private games in a cinch only to get decimated in GR60 runs

I am pretty much running all toughness based gems and passives just to keep from chain dieing, the feeling of progress is just ripped away.

Got to update a few gems when the other guys finished the rift though lol.

eek5

Interesting. My 67 was in 14 mins so there doesn't seem a whole lot of room for massive upgrades, have an ok ancient manticore but have been out of gifts to use on it. Guess I gotta keep on pounding.

Ancient weapon is like 20-30% upgrade dps upgrade. That puts you 2-3 GRs higher immediately.

eek5

Hell man, I have just gotten a halfway decent set together for my EB TalRashas set and now when I join Torment 10 pubs to do GRifts they keep choosing level freaking 60 and I cant ever survive it.

Work so hard to get this gear and learn to play the build. Clear TX normal rift runs in private games in a cinch only to get decimated in GR60 runs

I am pretty much running all toughness based gems and passives just to keep from chain dieing, the feeling of progress is just ripped away.

Got to update a few gems when the other guys finished the rift though lol.

Use aquila cuirass, ashnagarr's blood bracer, halo of arlyse (with ice shield/crystalize) and you should never die.

biaxident

Ancient weapon is like 20-30% upgrade dps upgrade. That puts you 2-3 GRs higher immediately.

It's already ancient, just a super not great one, once i roll the socket off for 10% dmg it'll be around 3-3.1k dmg

Lol it ended up being 3100.00 on the dot.

Seemed to have hit a wall at gr70, did 69 with 2 mins left, now i'm missing 70 by 3-5 mins on average, ugh. Tried to take of esoteric gem but then get 1 shotted by every thing, guess I need to replace stricken with a zei's then.

Cipherr

Use aquila cuirass, ashnagarr's blood bracer, halo of arlyse (with ice shield/crystalize) and you should never die.

Would losing the infinite burn to death 4 piece I have from my other set lower my dps substantially? If I weren't shackled to those 3 pieces I could do wonders for my toughness, But I always felt the infinite burn was too valuable.

eek5

Would losing the infinite burn to death 4 piece I have from my other set lower my dps substantially? If I weren't shackled to those 3 pieces I could do wonders for my toughness, But I always felt the infinite burn was too valuable.

I mean in 4 man GR60 where you'er just pretending to play dps doesn't really matter :|

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What's the consensus on the Moratorium gem? The one that distributes your damage received over time with a chance to negate it entirely.

I know it used to be literally worthless as it was glitched and would actually cause you to die, but that was when legendary gems were first introduced. What about now? To me it seems like it would be a good damage mitigator if leveled up high enough, maybe even a good alternative to Esoteric Alteration, but I never hear anyone talk about it.

What's the consensus on the Moratorium gem? The one that distributes your damage received over time with a chance to negate it entirely.

I know it used to be literally worthless as it was glitched and would actually cause you to die, but that was when legendary gems were first introduced. What about now? To me it seems like it would be a good damage mitigator if leveled up high enough, maybe even a good alternative to Esoteric Alteration, but I never hear anyone talk about it.

The second line is garbage in high GRs
I guess it's good when dealing with high burst and you have good HP regen somehow, but that's about it

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

I think a monk with high regen could use it. Wizard could with one of the shield runes on an ability since it rapidly refreshes. I think there's better options though in general.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks! I'd forgotten that Moratorium only affects 35% of damage taken. I thought it was 100% for some reason.

About Bane of the Stricken: is it really that useful for an LoN Bombardment sader? 25% more damage on RGs sure is good, but the other bonus is worthless for that build, right? I'm thinking of replacing it with Esoteric Alteration.

My main obstacle towards clearing GR70 solo was definitely survivability, not damage, and I feel I would be able to tank like crazy and clear it even faster with a decent Alteration than I would with Bane of the Stricken.

Firemind

Thanks! I'd forgotten that Moratorium only affects 35% of damage taken. I thought it was 100% for some reason.

About Bane of the Stricken: is it really that useful for an LoN Bombardment sader? 25% more damage on RGs sure is good, but the other bonus is worthless for that build, right? I'm thinking of replacing it with Esoteric Alteration.

My main obstacle towards clearing GR70 solo was definitely survivability, not damage, and I feel I would be able to tank like crazy and clear it even faster with a decent Alteration than I would with Bane of the Stricken.
esoteric alteration is awesome for survivablity. fuck fire chains and thunderstorm.

XShagrath

Ayumi

Looks like it didn't link my seasons character. Think that's my original non-season Wiz.

This should be the one I'm currently running.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shagrath-1850/hero/70957667

Ohh, my bad. I didn't actually check, so I just assumed it was seasonal. lol
(I'll edit my post....)

Paragon Points has a looot to say in Greater Rifts, unfortunately. So you can have great gear and techniques, and still won't be able to push as high as others because you lack INT from the infinite stats you can use once you max out the rest. :< And most on the high ladder have all ancient gear too, which takes foreeeever to collect/replace with.

Anyway, I think the TAL set is slightly adjustable.
But most I've seen (comparing to yours) also use the Firebird's helmet, and the Orb of Depth. You can try putting on the TAL belt instead of the TAL helmet too.

Not sure what you have checked so far, but this is what I'm looking at:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70275-2-4-easy-solo-gr70-firebird-tal-explosive-blast
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70037-2-4-4p-firebird-6p-talrasha-explosive-blast-gr60

It's hard to say with regards to skills because not everything is "right" or "wrong", you gotta see what items you have and what you can work with, I suppose. Have you tried replacing your Armguards (Cube) with Nilfur's Boots?

I also like builds that are pretty mindless. If I have to worry about precision or keeping two or three skills up and things like that, it's too much effort for me.

Well... even for "easy classes", things become very intense high up there. You do learn to do things on auto-pilot, but you gotta expect to rotate your skills fast and properly.
Perhaps Wizard isn't the best class for that, have you considered a Barb? I don't know the up-to-date gameplay for them though, but they are crushing, and are insanely fast.

eek5

Looks like it didn't link my seasons character. Think that's my original non-season Wiz.

This should be the one I'm currently running.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shagrath-1850/hero/70957667

For GR, cube cuirass instead of the bracer. Get orb of infinite depth and wear tal belt for more dps/defense. Swap boon out for esoteric.

Need vit on helm not armor. INT/VIT/CC. You need a way bigger health pool.

Roll CDR on amulet to 10% CC.

Roll pant shock pulse to armor.

Roll disintegrate on boot to meteor or armor.

Roll damage range on Woh. Should be able to get 2300dps i think.

Try to get a fire/int/vit/cc nem bracer if you can.

Skills are OK. I would recommend trying swapping out electrocute for ice generator then swap frost nova for black hole supermassive. Basically the strat is when you see a pack you drop a supermassive on it then TP in and attack with spender/EB. It helps group up the units so they all get killed by your EB at the same time proccing in-geom a lot easier.

For GR I swap scramble out for either prismatic armor or ice armor w/ crystalize.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What exactly should I change or aim for to improve the speed build of my barbarian?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Syntsui-1490/hero/72613916

TX is straight up not doable, I die way to much to random mobs. I can still complete it but it ruins the point of a speed build.

i guess it depends on what spec you're going for. I would drop the raekor's for the 6p immortal kings. or use 6p raekors until you get 6p immortal kings.

get rid of the focus and restraint, use a ring that isnt RoRG in your kanai's cube. you could use RoRG as an actual ring until you get something better.

the weapon in your kanai's cube is probably not as beneficial as something like The Furnace, but i'm not sure offhand.

Top Bottom