• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you like Dooms music? (wanna know why?) / Send a message in a bottle

has anyone played the PS1 version of Doom? the music was incredibly disturbing ambient with demonic sounds and babies crying and shit, i remember having nightmares because of it :E

astroturfing said:
has anyone played the PS1 version of Doom? the music was incredibly disturbing ambient with demonic sounds and babies crying and shit, i remember having nightmares because of it :E

yeah I did, I really loved the soundtrack

Doodlebug

Hello, me of 2011.

I think I've always assumed Doom had licensed music, for some reason. It's probably because it was familiar to me.

jay

I enjoy the people who were like "metal sucks and all sound the same but I can tell these are vague approximations and not even close to rip offs." Of the few I listened to Mouth For War sounds the most blatant complete with heavily muted screeching notes.

Rap all sounds the same to me. TAKE THAT!

fanboi

Banned
To future me:

DO NOT FUCKING FORGET TO RE-NEGOTIATE THE HOUSE LOANS WITH LOOOOOOOOOOW INTEREST!

also

YOUR WIFE IS CHEATING!

Fantasmo

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Doom 1 on my Gravis Ultrasound was the shit.

:lol I'm laughing because I don't know anyone else who had one, and I totally agree!
That guitar sample kicked SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much ass! Wiped the floor with SB AWE32's sample.

EDIT: OMG this thread is oooooold

vulva

Dear future me,

Why are you still posting here? You're out of University now. You should have more going on than this.

Odrion

Banned
astroturfing said:
I fucking HATE that version of Doom. It creeped the shit out of me. I swear they made all the levels incredibly dark and threw in more invisible monsters that ate you.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
This was common knowledge back then, I thought.. I mean, especially Map 18 is so fucking obvious..

wmat said:
The PS1 version in general is really great!
no kidding, i loved it. played it with a buddy who stayed over when we were younger and it scared the SHIT out of us at night (especially the music). and heh, i remember being able to make the PS1 overload in one level, luring out like dozens of enemies and when they were all on screen at once, got an error msg like "not enough memory" and the PS1 crashed :p only game that ever did that.

Malio

Doom music on the Gravis Ultrasound was truly the shiat back in the day...and so were most of these songs.

EDIT: SORRY!! I HAD NO IDEA THIS THREAD WAS SO OLD!! :( Just realized when I looked at the "4 Years LTTP" post right above mine!

I NEVER KNEW THIS!!!

I was listening to Master of Puppets in the car and my girlfriend told me it was in Doom. I had no idea about this so I asked her to drive while I looked it up on my phone, since I'm a huge metal fan. She didnt want to so I had to wait until we got home, and discovered the portion she was referring to was actually inspired by No Remorse!

So cool!

Murrah

Banned
Firebrand said:
Well done!

To Far Away Times
(09-14-2009, 05:37 AM)

Hahahah holy shit, and the username too. This is the hardest I've ever laughed on GAF, and that's saying a lot

Doom's music is awesome regardless. Also, it's been pretty amusing reading this thread from the start and seeing all the bumps.

See you in two years me! Hopefully you will have played Doom 4 by then, and it will have rocked as much as the first two!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh wow, the first thread I ever saw on NeoGAF so many years ago. Doom, Slayer, it's all coming back to me. I lurked way to long before joining.

Top Bottom