• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you like Dooms music? (wanna know why?) / Send a message in a bottle

Armitage

For some reason, whenever I play Doom 1/2 I never get any music. This has happened to me on multiple computers and maybe even my PSP (can't remember for sure). Anyone know what would cause this aural curse?

FFChris

Dr Zhivago said:
Most of them only have a vague resemblence though.
All metal sounds the same anyway. :D

Not really.

The first one I listened to is South of Heaven. The drum beat is exactly the same.

LakeEarth

Alice in Chains - We Die Young
Stone Temple Pilots - Dead and Bloated
Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing
Soundgarden - Outshined
Soundgarden - Slaves and Bulldozers

Damn good music choices.

EDIT - more

Alice in Chains - Junkhead
Alice in Chains - Dirt
AC/DC, I'm behind on my AC/DC knowledge so I don't know this song.
.... WAIT this one is in Doom isn't it?
Alice in Chains - Godsmack

Damn this is easy.

Lee N

Membre
ZombieSupaStar said:
evilore said it was ok to bump it

my bad.

I still think it's weird resurrecting such old threads though, should've just made a new thread with links to the old one.

uncdeez

LakeEarth said:
Alice in Chains - Junkhead
Alice in Chains - Dirt
AC/DC, I'm behind on my AC/DC knowledge so I don't know this song.
.... WAIT this one is in Doom isn't it?
Alice in Chains - Godsmack

Damn this is easy.

Wow, those (not including 44) combined with 41
Rooster (I think)
are the exact order of tracks off of their album
Dirt. Angry Chair, 46 is also off the Dirt album.
You can't say they were trying to be subtle.

Also I think 17 is
Slayer - Raining Blood
although it sounds a bit slower.

LakeEarth

uncdeez said:
Wow, those (not including 44) combined with 41
Rooster (I think)
are the exact order of tracks off of their album
Dirt. Angry Chair, 46 is also off the Dirt album.
You can't say they were trying to be subtle.

Also I think 17 is
Slayer - Raining Blood
although it sounds a bit slower.
41 is definetly inspired by
Rooster
but its different enough that I wasn't sure. I'm happy someone else hears it.

Not trying to be subtle? In the real albums, 19 leads into 20, 42 leads to 43. Its hilarious.

Mar

Heh. I knew this when I playing DOOM. I was a big Alice in Chains fan as well. I thought it was cool actually, even though I hated midi music.

Ranger X

Well, this sure isn't why I LOVE Doom music.

First off, I DON'T like metal music and never listen to it as a result. So originally I didn't know it was usung riffs and parts from real songs.

I love DOOM music because it was catchy and straight to the point. Short but not tedious. Kinda like excerpts from metal songs that I would like...

J-Rzez

I'll never forget the first stage from Doom's music. It'll also stand out to me along with the other greats such Zelda's overworld, Bloody Tears from CV series, and Duel from MGS.

But yeah, I was able to draw what it's music sounded like, and didn't care. Great soundtrack.

Ranger X said:
Well, this sure isn't why I LOVE Doom music.

First off, I DON'T like metal music and never listen to it as a result. So originally I didn't know it was usung riffs and parts from real songs.

I love DOOM music because it was catchy and straight to the point. Short but not tedious. Kinda like excerpts from metal songs that I would like...

NO IT IS THE REASON!

my thread, its alive...............ALIVE!

Narag

ZombieSupaStar said:
my thread, its alive...............ALIVE!

I hope it never gets locked. Its like an annual treat to see this bumped and go through the tracks all over again.

Someone made a joke about how the swine flu going around PAX was actually called E1M1 (instead of H1N1).

Not only did I not get the joke, but I knew that I would never understand it for the rest of my life. Of course it is some slightly obscure video game reference, but it could be anything...

I think I just figured it out by clicking that link.

kodt

Banned
trippingmartian said:
OMG heavy metal songs in E, Eb, and D!! Shock and awe! Many of them don't even sound alike.

Also some of those songs came out after the game. :lol

Umm no, even the Alice in Chains album came out in 1992. Doom didn't come out until 1993.

Most of those songs are from the 80's.

edit: lol old thrad

The Hermit

I was like "someone posted this a long time ago" when I clicked this thread...

Had no idea it was the same thread, and I didn´t even suspected it was from fucking 2005

Man, I remember seeing this thread the last time it got bumped and thinking, man, why'd someone start another thread about this, this is old as dirt :lol

mf-doom-madvillain-cover.jpg

jgkspsx

Baiano19 said:
I was like "someone posted this a long time ago" when I clicked this thread...

Had no idea it was the same thread, and I didn´t even suspected it was from fucking 2005

This is a cool tradition, though.

Sciz

How About No said:
It's not just Doom guyz!

Commander Keen: The Armageddon Machine final level:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqItoaSLaM&feature=related
Gustav Holst-Mars, Bringer of War-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw0jvqx1mNU&feature=related

Bobby Prince is a menace to society and must be stopped at all costs!
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure pulls a fair bit of material from ZZ Top, and I hear Duke Nukem II borrows from Megadeth. Both scored by Bobby Prince, if that wasn't obvious.

I love him all the same, though.

Top Bottom