• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you mod your PS5? If so, how?

Shakka43

wyhq8py.jpg

Black plates and the ski style feet. As someone who lays the console horizontal, that fucking stand was always shit and couldn’t wait until they released a better option. Had to suffer almost two months post launch until someone made those ski feet.

DavidGzz

Not paying for something Sony should have done. It's hiding behind my tv, I forget that ugly bish is there.

Kupfer

I was about to ask who the fuck is modding their PS5 but then I remembered that as soon as I could I also switched to Dark Plates 1.0 and replaced my two white Dualsenses with black ones. IMO the setup looks as it should actually look and fits much more elegant and inconspicuous.

ISKhirU.jpg

Not my picture, stole it.

Also got a new 2650mah battery.
Let's fix the garbage battery life they are coming with.
Mind sharing a link?

Last edited:
I was about to ask who the fuck is modding their PS5 but then I remembered that as soon as I could I also switched to Dark Plates 1.0 and replaced my two white Dualsenses with black ones. IMO the setup looks as it should actually look and fits much more elegant and inconspicuous.

ISKhirU.jpg

Not my picture, stole it.

Mind sharing a link?
It's the Lioncast battery:

Operation was successful. The patient lives now with 70% more power.

Last edited:

Kupfer

It's the Lioncast battery:

Operation was successful. The patient lives now with 70% more power.
Danke, any chance you actually measured the "real" capacity before installing?

But nevertheless, once I'm back from vacation I will probably buy two of those, too.

Edit:
Was the polarity of the plug the right way around?
When I replaced my DS4 batteries, I had to swap red and black because the plug was installed the wrong way around

Last edited:
Danke, any chance you actually measured the "real" capacity before installing?

But nevertheless, once I'm back from vacation I will probably buy two of those, too.

Edit:
Was the polarity of the plug the right way around?
When I replaced my DS4 batteries, I had to swap red and black because the plug was installed the wrong way around
Sorry I don't have any equipment to measure the real capacity.

The black wire has to be on top when you plug It in. Everything was fine.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I modded mine to fix it so that it turns on now, does that count?

Sleepwalker

All these mods look like ass. Except the guy with the purple official one. The controller battery mod looks incredible though I might look into that myself.

saintjules

This thread had me looking at shit
heh.png

619J7+zvOOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61mC16krQmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71r7snYE6IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I never understood the fan accessory. Unless you're living in a hut in a jungle somewhere, this is implying that the PS5 isn't doing a sufficient job at cooling itself within the parameters set.

Last edited:

drezz

I got a PS coloured logo sticker, stick it inside at the top back where it shows through the cut out on the side panel.

Purly for fun.

Three

Black plates and the ski style feet. As someone who lays the console horizontal, that fucking stand was always shit and couldn’t wait until they released a better option. Had to suffer almost two months post launch until someone made those ski feet.
What's the ski style feet? Do you have a link? The stock stand is so bad in the horizontal position. It slides all over the place.

reinking

Gold Member
We have two. The one I typically use is factory white. The other is nova pink cover and nova pink controller. It actually looks pretty good.

The Stig

I bought the official black side panels/plates.

After hearing about those ski feet earlier in the thread Im getting them NOW. I hate the stand and I always have my optical media horizontal. I've seen some horrors.

also getting his retro sticker pack so I can have the old school logo:

chinoXL

only thing I've done is grab the OG DBrand Dark Plates before they took them off market. looks a lot better blacked out

Top Bottom