• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you say WOW when Revolution controller was revealed?

Belfast

I might've said, WOW, but not the good kind of WOW.

More like,"WOW, HOW COULD NINTENDO FUCK THINGS UP AGAIN?!" WOW.

DCharlie

Banned
i said "holy shit, something new and interesting. Lets hope there are some great ideas that make my gaming life better!"

anyways, i did say "Wow, that's pretty fricken cool" - and the advertisement that they ran did a great job of telling you exactly what the controller was about without showing any actual games.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
About a year ago, I posted something along the lines of:

"Nintendo's next controller is going to fall back on familiarity. Like a cell phone or a 3D mouse."

So, that they went with a TV remote, wasn't a shocker at all.

Stench

Banned
I said "Wow" when I read the text of the controller features on IGN's live update page.

I said "FUCK ME FREDDY" when I saw the picture soon afterwards. My jaw also dropped and stayed limp for a solid minute.

Fun times.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yeah, I kinda scratched my head. A few hours later I thought it was much more interesting, though.

I was watching the article that IGN was updating as it went, but they weren't really giving too much information, so I was really confused at first, as it looked far too simple. I wasn't too sold on the nunchaku attachment at first, but I like the idea now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I said "huh?"

And then I said "Ok, now that I can turn on my Rev from across the room, whats the controller look like?"

Then I said...... "oh."

For the record, the whole "WOW" quote was made in reference to Revolution's graphics.
I believe it went something like,

"When you turn on the revolution and see the graphics, you will say 'wow'."

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
"You gotta be shitting me! hahahaah" *derisive laughter*

Then I read up on all the stuff it was going to do, and then the respect set in.

Luckett_X

Banned
I was in japan for TGS, in my hotel lobby talking to a guy from EA while looking up the stuff i missed from the trade-only day.

I just sort of groaned inwardly and the EA guy guessed I was looking at the controller.

In retrospect I can see its potential, but its overall aesthetic design as a remote control is so shit and alienating to me I sort of already see it as wasted potential.

I did say wow.

But more like a:

"... ... ... uh... wow, WTF, wow."

It took me about 20 minutes to grasp my head around the concept.

Amir0x

Banned
DCharlie said:
i can't be the only one who thinks this is going to be at least very interesting?

this is about initial reaction, what else could one think but 'wtf'?

But now i think it'll be interesting. BUT BUT BUT, with the qualifier that I don't think it's a replacement.

Kroole

DCharlie said:
i can't be the only one who thinks this is going to be at least very interesting?

Well yeah. After I read the impressions and saw the actual presentation I was getting pumped. I was finally given the chance to play a FPS on console with actual good controls. It has been my dream since GE.

And I'm intrigued by how Nintendo is actually going to be using the controller. They must have some crazy ideas in store for this thing.

First reaction was more like a "I knew it!" for me.

I guessed Nintendo would use some sort of pointer device similar to the middle prong of the N64 for their design but I didn't expect a remote at all!

Big WTF.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It was "WTF" on seeing the photo.

Then after reading about the motion/position-sensing I decided to keep an open-mind until seeing the games. It could be gimmicky minigame heaven, or it could genuinely open up better ways of controlling 3D games.

Until we see how it's applied I think it's premature to start screaming "OMG I don't want to wave my arms around like a tard!!1!!". It could be used in far more subtle ways than that, we'll have to wait and see. One thing is crucial though, and Nintendo must take the lead in showing how to apply it with a Mario64 level killer-app. Chucking out a load of tarted-up tech-demos like they did with DS in the beginning won't do them any favours at all.

DCharlie

Banned
oh, i assumed by initial reaction it meant "the first showing" not that exact point in time.

Right : initially at the TGS keynote, a huge MGS "?" appeared. The video rolled and it just showed a remote. Then it went into the demo and i think the phrase i used was "holy shit"

I think everyone there who hadn't seen it went...

"This is the revolution??? a remote contro... oh! it does that!!! oh, that's pretty fricken cool."

(i think haters were held at the door)

I saw the pictures second-hand, so I thought they were fake.

"No way that's the controller" was my reaction, it wasn't until after I saw the video did my mind open up to the possibilities. My faith in Nintendo is on it's last leg...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My first reaction was close to "wow"

"wha....?"

and then about 24-48 hours later...

"OOOOOOOOH. :O "

Monk

Banned
I said "wow". Uptil then i was seriously considering quitting next gen and sticking with my pc. I hope with this controller comes a new formula for gaming. I am sick of the same old formula for games especiallt when it comes to platform gaming, (damn you mario 64)

i said
200px-Borat.jpg

WAHWAHWAWIE!

I said, "This is a joke, right?"

Then I checked IGN and 1UP and they were running the same feature. :(

It took about two days before I came up with some semi interesting uses for it, and I certainly hope it's interesting enough to put Microsoft's bitch ass in third place. Otherwise there's no need for Nintendo.

D3VI0US

I believe I said "What the fuck is that thing?" and then started laughing. :lol

I was dumbfounded, after reading I'm still very skeptical. Still I would say WOW=WTF, I mean it's all about the shock right?

Top Bottom