• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Difference between Borderlands 2 GOTY and Borderlands Handsome Collection?

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Title. The GOTY is on Steam for £8 ATM and I'm wondering if there's a difference? I've never played the series before and I've always wanted to.

The Handsome Collection has more content, but lacks the Nvidia physics features of the PC version, other than that, The Handsome Collection is the best band for your buck.

Tagyhag

Handsome Collection has Borderlands 2 GOTY and The Pre-Sequel and it's PS4/X1 exclusive, it features remastered graphics (I haven't seen any side by side pics though, would be interesting to see) and the ability to play splitscreen with up to 4 people (1080/60fps with 2 people, 30fps with more.)

Borderlands 2 GOTY on PC is just one half of the Handsome Collection, differences being that you can go above 1080/60fps and some of the best PhysX implementation that I've seen.

If you're planning to play with friends and they don't have 2 on the PC, I'd recommend the Handsome Collection.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is the extra DLC worth the extra cost? I'm looking at £8 for the GOTY or £33 for the Handsome Collection so it's a pretty big difference in price. And I'd be playing solo.

Tagyhag

Is the extra DLC worth the extra cost? I'm looking at £8 for the GOTY or £33 for the Handsome Collection so it's a pretty big difference in price. And I'd be playing solo.

Honestly? If you don't want to play The Pre-Sequel, no.

You can just buy the Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 and the Psycho Pack, which are the only 2 substantial DLC that's missing from the GOTY edition.

LycanXIII

You can just buy the Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 and the Psycho Pack, which are the only 2 substantial DLC that's missing from the GOTY edition.

Headhunters DLC and Skins are the remaining DLC btw.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

That's all included in the GOTY edition apparently:

Buy Borderlands 2 Game of the Year

Includes 10 items: Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2 - Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack, Borderlands 2: Collector's Edition Pack, Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome, Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack, Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack

All that for £8.74.

BL2 is fine if you just want to jump in, but if you're hankering for more when done you might kick yourself for not getting the Handsome Collection. Pre-Sequel is a little underrated, great game.

BigDug13

Handsome Jack comes with that whole other game with 6 classes on the moon. Also 4 player split screen while the PC version supports zero player split screen.
Well technically it's 1 player split screen.

nubbe

The GOTY edition has all the important content

Handsome Collection has all the content for Borderlands 2 and the The Pre-Sequel
Pretty fantastic value and runs great on PS4

NeatoKuni

Stick to the GOTY edition. It comes with most of the DLC (the stuff you're missing isn't really needed. I'm a super fan and was left super disappointed). The DLC included is some of the best I've seen
tiny tina's assault on dragon keep.
Remember the DLC assumes you've beaten the game so hold off on that.

If you want the pre-sequel after you decide you like Borderlands 2, I'm sure it'll be dirt cheap again in no time.

After you beat BL2 look into Tales From The Borderlands. Excellent game, but spoiles BL2.

if you get it on PS4 tho hmu, I'm down to play with ya

Top Bottom