• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digg founder Kevin Rose throws a raccoon down a stairwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

At least getting your rabies shots are pretty simple now... I hated mine when they had to give them to you through your stomach :(

smr00

Banned
raccoons can get big as shit and are super territorial. seeing a pack of those fuckers move around at 4 in the morning made me wish i had a bat
I had a real big problem with them years ago and called the county and they told me "either trap them and kill them or shoot them. We can't do anything about it" and that is quote for quote what the lady on the phone told me.

I don't condone animal violence but they attacked my dog three times in a month almost killing him the third time so instead of running them off the last time i shot one and the rest ran and never came back. I didn't want to do it but they were clearly territorial over the property and they weren't going to stop and yes i have by back yard fenced in. Raccoons are worthless pieces of shit who made my life living hell for a good year (first getting into my trash, taking outside cats food etc) and i finally had enough.

Although i felt shitty for doing i don't regret it and would do it again. Some might look down on kevin for hurting it but until you have problems with raccoons you just don't understand how fucking annoying and dangerous they can be.

cdkee

Banned
I had a real big problem with them years ago and called the county and they told me "either trap them and kill them or shoot them. We can't do anything about it" and that is quote for quote what the lady on the phone told me.

I don't condone animal violence but they attacked my dog three times in a month almost killing him the third time so instead of running them off the last time i shot one and the rest ran and never came back. I didn't want to do it but they were clearly territorial over the property and they weren't going to stop and yes i have by back yard fenced in. Raccoons are worthless pieces of shit who made my life living hell for a good year (first getting into my trash, taking outside cats food etc) and i finally had enough.

Although i felt shitty for doing i don't regret it and would do it again. Some might look down on kevin for hurting it but until you have problems with raccoons you just don't understand how fucking annoying and dangerous they can be.

+1

Like I posted earlier these guys are real pests. They may look cute but never feed them or leave food for them.

I felt bad for a second when he initially threw the raccoon.....until it went to the actual stairwell angle and show's it flying down the stairs.

I couldn't stop laughing.

nib95

Banned
untitled-1unsf1.gif

I actually can't stop laughing lol. Racoon got what it deserved.

vilmer_

I remember our old cat Pokey (god rest her soul) got into a massive fight with a raccoon and she ended up with a huge gash across her whole side that required a bunch of stitches. She was a fighter though, and I don't think that raccoon ever had any eyesight left after the fact. Raccoons can be absolutely vicious and will inflict fatal damage. Pets = family, and if something is harming/putting my pets in danger there will be severe consequences.

Angry Fork

The reactions in here are bizarre. Of course you would do what you can to help your dog, but you wouldn't feel bad about hurting the animal afterwards? It's something you do out of necessity not because it's fun. Uploading the video and everyone getting a kick out of it is the cruel part.

Gibbo

Yup guy has my respect. I would have probably looked for a stick or something first- in fear of being bitten myself

As someone that has lived around these fuckers his whole life I approve of this video.

I don't think they should be intentionally harmed or anything but they can and do regularly kill family pets and I would've done the exact same thing.

The reactions in here are bizarre. Of course you would do what you can to help your dog, but you wouldn't feel bad about hurting the animal afterwards? It's something you do out of necessity not because it's fun. Uploading the video and everyone getting a kick out of it is the cruel part.
I think everyone would feel bad. But it's not like the raccoon is on the Internet getting bullied because it got thrown down the stairs. It'll be fine. Rose saw the humor in the security videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom