• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digg founder Kevin Rose throws a raccoon down a stairwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
First off, I hope that Raccoon is still okay.

Second: BWAHAHAHAH

This shit is hilarious. That look of him when he's being thrown down the stairs is gold.

Novoitus

Banned
The reactions in here are bizarre. Of course you would do what you can to help your dog, but you wouldn't feel bad about hurting the animal afterwards? It's something you do out of necessity not because it's fun. Uploading the video and everyone getting a kick out of it is the cruel part.

If it was killing/hurting my dog? I wouldn't feel bad at all for killing it. I'd actually hope to kill it.

Though my dog would probably rip through a raccoon.

I thought that was badass. Racoon shouldn't be messin with peoples dogs or they just might get thrown down a stairwell.....simple as that! haha

Akahige

untitled-1unsf1.gif
oh god I'm dying at this

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Man, I hope he and his dog get rabies shots (do they have them for dogs (post-exposure shots, I mean)? I know they do for people.))

rykomatsu

Throwing raccoons isn't cool, but in this case justified.

An intervention like this wouldn't have been necessary with my dog though. Firstly because there are no raccoons around here, secondly because it would be wise of the raccoon to avoid my german shepherd.

You sure about that? I didn't think racoons lived around my area, but I saw a family of them pop their heads up from the sewer and walk across a freeway overpass in San Jose....

Badgerst3

Night made.

Can't stop laughing. Dem eyes!

Best sleep with one eye open now motherfr... Just a cute wolverine bitches.

Dog just got green lit.

I love gaf.

LordCanti

Sure, I assumed they lost interest because they could make more money doing what they do now. lol

I've probably had one too many at this point, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell you what either does now. Digg went down in flames didn't it? What money does Kevin have? I don't even know what Nerdist is, so I can't say whether Alex had something better to do or not lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've probably had one too many at this point, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell you what either does now. Digg went down in flames didn't it? What money does Kevin have? I don't even know what Nerdist is, so I can't say whether Alex had something better to do or not lol.
Kevin made a new start up that was spelt as funnily as Digg, which was promptly bought by Google (which is why I say he has Google cash). Alex is on some youtube show which I believe is part of the Nerdist network.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kevin made a new start up that was spelt as funnily as Digg, which was promptly bought by Google (which is why I say he has Google cash). Alex is on some youtube show which I believe is part of the Nerdist network.

Oink/Milk were spelt funny? :p

bremon

That raccoon was lucky he is likely inexperienced with raccoons, panicked, and reacted the way he did. Most people who've lost pets, or had damaged property, or had animals killed on account of raccoons would have made sure that raccoon was dead. That said, I would have went in feet first, not getting my face too close to that mangy beast.

This thread has shown me that raccoons can be humorous assholes at least, which is more than I gave them credit for in the past.

This would have played out way better if he just posted the part of him throwing the raccoon down the stairwell with no context. And then when everyone got pissed at him for it, he'd release the part with his dog

LordCanti

Assuming that Oink and Milk are the names of the things he made: I've never heard of either of them. Was that just Google sympathy money for what happened to Digg? :p I should check out what Alex is up to.

That raccoon was lucky he is likely inexperienced with raccoons, panicked, and reacted the way he did. Most people who've lost pets, or had damaged property, or had animals killed on account of raccoons would have made sure that raccoon was dead. That said, I would have went in feet first, not getting my face too close to that mangy beast.

This thread has shown me that raccoons can be humorous assholes at least, which is more than I gave them credit for in the past.

Feet first is definitely the way to go. One little scratch and you're on the way to the hospital for a battery of shots. I'd have punted the little bastard down the stairs instead.

Piggus

What a boss. Raccoons are mean as shit and he's pretty lucky he didn't get bitten. They carry all kinds of nasty diseases.

Jhoan

Holy crap! I haven't laughed so hard in a while. This is the funniest Youtube video I've seen this year. I've been in tears with laughter. Just what I needed before going to sleep.

The fact that he lifts the thing up with his legs and chucks it is hilarious. I've seen it 3 times already and find it funnier every time I watch it but it's the chucking motion and the eyes spinning in the darkness that gets me every time. That POS deserves to get chucked.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's far fetched. I've talked to people who had one before, they often fuck your house up while you're away. They have opposable thumbs and they are crafty as hell, even those child safety latches you put on cupboards will not keep them out of things. People I talked had to get rid of it, they couldn't train it not to go into things and make a huge mess while they were away. Think they are illegal in some places too.

After a few generations of tamed ones they'd be manageable. Just look at what the russians did to foxes in the sixties. I will have a racoon butler common sense be damned.

Throwing raccoons isn't cool, but in this case justified.

An intervention like this wouldn't have been necessary with my dog though. Firstly because there are no raccoons around here, secondly because it would be wise of the raccoon to avoid my german shepherd.

Raccoons live around creeks, streams, municipal waterways and the neighborhoods that border them. They eat frogs, crayfish and other animals that live in and around the water. If you live away from waterways you won't see them as much. And if you have big dogs, they're clever enough to stay away.

First time I saw a Raccoon in my neighborhood I thought it was a fat ass cat casually walking down the street. It was dark and as I got closer, I got a bit freaked out because it was becoming obvious it wasn't a cat. It didn't walk like no cat I ever saw. When i finally got close enough to see it's face, I was relieved to see it was a raccoon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Assuming that Oink and Milk are the names of the things he made: I've never heard of either of them. Was that just Google sympathy money for what happened to Digg? :p I should check out what Alex is up to.
He has a show on youtube after TRS "ended". If it's not Nerdist money, then he's probably got some of that Youtube money. Which, I suppose, is Google money in a way. He presumably has more going on as well though.

Oink/Milk were spelt funny? :p
Oh right, they were just named funny, not spelt funny. The web 4.0 way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom