• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

99%
d4b6dd5c6e.png

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbI

YT link for the PV

Feels like they are trying to keep as much of it secret until release as possible based on this PV.

Takeru looks a lot better animated now (I already liked his design but seeing him animated makes him look better).

Disappointed Hikari didn't get much (no movement or anything).

Mimi looks great now with this new art style, feels just like she always has :D

edit: People thinking the impatient women doesn't look like Taichi's mother.

http://i.imgur.com/q1K9kLe.png

vs

http://imgur.com/mVyADVu

Looks like her to me personally

edit 2:

Entered through a magical Digital Gate? XD. It may not be Taichi's Greymon after all.

Or if it is it would seem weird, assuming the Digital World is closed off (which it may be based on the title "Reunion") then the only way for this to be Taichi's Greymon is if it evolved on it's own while in the Digital World.

This part seems rather early in the movie and it feels like the Digital Gate appearing will be what alerts the chosen children to the Digital World

or something like that. It's speculation based off very little of the footage we've seen XD

Thye also tweeted a HQ pic of the awesome alphamon vs omnimon poster.

CLUqla6UAAAE47G.jpg:orig

Holy shit the new animation style makes the increased detail much better. I actually like it now. Looks like there's going to be more talking in this one which is great.
I don't see the point in speculating over this lol.We don't evne know what's going to happen.It can be literally anything.

Stuart444

Speculation tides us over.

And I'm excited :D

But I think one thing is confirmed. The story revolves around... "Why is a Digital Gate appearing in the real world"

Whatever the story is, that will be a question that needs an answer.

Still utterly annoyed that Hikari got no animation AT ALL in that PV though.

Speculation tides us over.

And I'm excited :D

But I think one thing is confirmed. The story revolves around... "Why is a Digital Gate appearing in the real world"

Whatever the story is, that will be a question that needs an answer.

Still utterly annoyed that Hikari got no animation AT ALL in that PV though.

Yeah that was weird, everybody else at least moved.
Also gatomon looks better in this style of animation, agumon and gabumon still weird af.
Only 4months + to wait ;_;

Wada Kouji's message ;_;

What happened ?

Stuart444

Yeah that was weird, everybody else at least moved.
Also gatomon looks better in this style of animation, agumon and gabumon still weird af.
Only 4months + to wait ;_;

What happened ?

Agumon will take time to adjust for me. Gabumon looks good.

And Kouji said he wanted to be there to perform but he just couldn't. Ill and all but he really wanted to. He said he was very happy about Tri and he hopes people give lots of love to Tri.

(that's the gist of it,)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Wada Kouji's message ;_;

What was his message?

CLUqla6UAAAE47G.jpg:large

Holy shit the new animation style makes the increased detail much better. I actually like it now. Looks like there's going to be more talking in this one which is great.
I don't see the point in speculating over this lol.We don't evne know what's going to happen.It can be literally anything.

That...is...so...beautiful.

Hhnnnng sooooo can't wait to watch Digimon Adventure Tri... though something tells me that I will be in for a long wait.

CLUqla6UAAAE47G.jpg:large

GODDAMN that's badass.

At least we didn't have to hear the imposters talking in that PV, I guess.

I know I should probably just let it go, but I can't. Tri's mere existence makes me feel a mixture of sadness anger, like I'm just looking into a pit of despair and remembering that time Toei spent 9 months trolling me with thoughts of childhood nostalgia before kicking me in the balls.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLUqla6UAAAE47G.jpg:large

I don't see the point in speculating over this lol.We don't evne know what's going to happen.It can be literally anything.[/QUOTE]
always use :orig instead of :large for pic real resolution from twitter xD

[quote="Mr-Joker, post: 173743494"]What was his message?
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]August 1st is a special day for Digimon Adventure.
I was looking forward to enjoying this day with everyone at DIGIMON ADVENTURE FES.2015, but I am sorry to announce the cancellation of my attendance.
I tried to do everything in my power to improve my physical condition, but I am sorry to say it is not enough for me to stand on stage and perform.
I apologize to everyone who looked forward to my performance.
It has been 16 years since Digimon Adventure first started in 1999.
I could have never imagined then, that I would be able to see a the grown up version of Taichi, Agumon, and the digimons.
So, inevitably, I was excited from the bottom of my heart when I first heard the news that a sequel, "Digimon Adventure tri." , was being produced.
I was more excited when I heard the main theme would be "Butter-Fly" again.
However, along with the excitement, I also faced the burden of thinking of how I would go about singing a song that was produced 16 years ago as my debut song. Should it reflect on who I am now, or should it be a revival of 16 years ago….
tri. is the sequel to Digimon Adventure, and Butter-Fly is once again, its main theme….
I remembered when Digimon Adventure first aired 16 years ago, and how excited I was when I heard "Butter-Fly" playing from the TV.
Then, I thought, I should bring back the same excitement.
Years have passed, and in the process of overcoming many things, my voice has changed, and it will definitely be difficult to make a complete revival of the song.
However, I went into recording with the strong intention of reviving the song.
I sincerely wish for this song to act as a continuation of the same excitement, fromDigimon Adventure into Digimon Adventure tri.
I will do my best to collaborate with the voice actors, music team, and the staff to make Digimon Adventure tri a piece that will continue to touch the hearts of the audience here, as well as to people all around the world.
Please give much love to "Digimon Adventure tri."
Gokigen na cho ninatte, kirameku kaze ninotte, itsuka….Minnna ni ainiikou.
Koji Wada
[/QUOTE]

always use :eek:rig instead of :large for pic real resolution from twitter xD
Oh, didn't know about that, I just copied the source from the tweet lol.
Thanks for the Wada kouji speech.

I know I should probably just let it go, but I can't. Tri's mere existence makes me feel a mixture of sadness anger, like I'm just looking into a pit of despair and remembering that time Toei spent 9 months trolling me with thoughts of childhood nostalgia before kicking me in the balls.

I was sour when they did that as well. But hey, we're getting better animation and they get to spend time refining it.

I-hate-u

I am pretty salty too, but at least we have the original show to re-watch over and over again.

Trailer observations/impressions:
- Animation in trailer is still a choppy, but only with the human characters. The Kuwagamon vs Greymon fight is on another level though, so I think the rest will improve for release.

- That Greymon not being Taichi's is a good theory, but I don't agree. I think that fight is the going to be the first scene in the OVA when it comes out, and the Digimon can evolve to their adult level without the need of the humans anymore.

- There is no visual difference in the faces of the characters where I can identify aging. I can't tell if that woman is Taichi/Hikari's mom or not.

- From the poster, Omegamon and Alphamon are fighting in the real world, and for some reason Yamato is sitting on Alphamon's staff :/

All in all, I am happy with what we saw, and I hope they can deliver a story worth all this wait. Thanks to the folks that have been updated this thread with information.

Soooo, I have theory about something and it involves Cyber Sleuth spoilers. I'd be a bit disappointed if it was true.

Spoilers for end game Cyber Sleuth:
Girl with glasses = Alphamon in disguise again? It would be weird if they repeated that plot twist. It's just a gut feeling, though, and I'm probably way off.

Anyway, I'm glad we finally have something to speculate about.

Sort of weird the potential dub has more of a chance of keeping the original actors. I assumed the opposite when all of this was announced.

- From the poster, Omegamon and Alphamon are fighting in the real world, and for some reason Yamato is sitting on Alphamon's staff :/

I think they wanted to arrange them with their respective Omegamon arms while the Digimon were striking cool poses. It's an awesome poster, but it doesn't make much sense, lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I had a dream last night that ep one came out and it had to do with Ken and Daisuke stuck in time and went back to the time of Adventure. I remember being SO happy to watch it that I was in tears. Fall can't come fast enough and they better stream it asap! (I'll use subs for a hard copy of course, unless they ever release them on glorious pressed discs :x)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What dp ya'll think, new thread in OT for new news, or keep it in here?

My personal preference is to keep it in here. I'm usually the type that prefers one mega thread instead of a bunch of tiny ones and having to sub a bunch :p the Jurassic World production/spoiler/OT/etc threads got to be too much :x

Maybe ideally keep it here and then closer to release make a Tri OT?

I-hate-u

I think there should be a new thread. This is the biggest Tri news since May, and many aren't going to look in the Digimon OT for it.
I am going to be on mobile for a while, but I have no problem doing one when I get to desktop. But if anyone wants to make a thread in OT, then please, go head.

I have no qualms either way on whatever folks in this thread agree with.

My personal preference is to keep it in here. I'm usually the type that prefers one mega thread instead of a bunch of tiny ones and having to sub a bunch :p the Jurassic World production/spoiler/OT/etc threads got to be too much :x

There is only one way to solve this disagreement and that is a fight to the death!

Though seriously, the only reason I think we need a new thread are for the people who don't follow Digimon news religiously like we do, but are still interested in seeing Tri.

I am going to be on mobile for a while, but I have no problem doing one when I get to desktop. But if anyone wants to make a thread in OT, then please, go head.

I have no qualms either way on whatever folks in this thread agree with.

I could make it, I suppose, if no one else wants to?

Edit: Thank goodness for the decisive, lol.

Sorry to go off topic on the trailer, I was reading some wiki and read some stuff about the Digimon Fusion manga...Is it considered canon since it's different from the awful show (my opinion,I know some liked it) - there's more cross season stuff apparently.

Sorry to go off topic on the trailer, I was reading some wiki and read some stuff about the Digimon Fusion manga...Is it considered canon since it's different from the awful show (my opinion,I know some liked it) - there's more cross season stuff apparently.

seems that it's canon to V-Tamer, seeing that
UlforceVeedramon is the same Veedramon that Taichi partners with

That's solved then :p I just probably won't be following the individual topics asuch as the main ones.

I don't think the smaller threads will last long without us constantly bumping them with unrelated news like we used to. :p

So ummm...They're releasing an Agumon personal assistant app as well...Not sure how to feel about this.

Japanese, obviously:
http://www.m-up.com/information/?id=1000002340

Source:WithTheWill

Also another pic:
more in some september issue of a Japanese magazine
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLTZ6j3W8AAEH9W.jpg[/IMG]
Source:Bokutachi.
If any of these were mentioned previously, I must've missed them.

23o4FNE.gif

Ohohohoho, it's so cute. How come Tri Agumon can't look that cute? :(

Stuart444

Yeah the Agumon thing was advertised in the stream but I didn't see any reason to put it here since it didn't seem important for most people here :)

Regarding Next Order, there is one thing no one seems to notice. Machinedramons red eye. That has not been used in a while, and actually fits the original Digimon World design more. Since N.O seems to be even bigger call back to DW, this was nice touch. I even talked about original design for Machinedramon few pages earlier. Neat timing. :p

Regarding Next Order, there is one thing no one seems to notice. Machinedramons red eye. That has not been used in a while, and actually fits the original Digimon World design more. Since N.O seems to be even bigger call back to DW, this was nice touch. I even talked about original design for Machinedramon few pages earlier. Neat timing. :p

His red eye doesn't appear in the games? I don't use him so I wouldn't know and I don't recall him making an appearance in any other seasons as an actual character(not a pawn or background character).
Machindramon was the final boss in DW1 as well, being controlled by Analogman ofc. There's also what happens in the back dimension. This together with the DW1 videos at the start of the trailer and the game be touted as a DW1 sequel rather than a Re:digitize sequel, makes me think he's coming back(I have no idea if Digimon car battle is canon since it made no sense to me as a child).
DW1 ending/end game spoiler just in case that one person who hasn't finished the best game ever reading this thread but plans to play ;).

After the recent trailer for Next Order, I actually double-checked the DW1 protagonist's name because I thought it might be that direct of a sequel.

His red eye doesn't appear in the games? I don't use him so I wouldn't know and I don't recall him making an appearance in any other seasons as an actual character(not a pawn or background character).
Machindramon was the final boss in DW1 as well, being controlled by Analogman ofc. There's also what happens in the back dimension. This together with the DW1 videos at the start of the trailer and the game be touted as a DW1 sequel rather than a Re:digitize sequel, makes me think he's coming back(I have no idea if Digimon car battle is canon since it made no sense to me as a child).
DW1 ending/end game spoiler just in case that one person who hasn't finished the best game ever reading this thread but plans to play ;).

No, Machinedramon doesnt have red eye anywhere else. Only in the early PS1 games he had red eye and even white head. In any other media Machinedramon has blank black eyes. Its a small detail sure, but I like red eyes on him.

And yes, while Redigitized was a modernizedDigimon World, Next Order seems to be to real continuation to DW.

It is so great.

seems that it's canon to V-Tamer, seeing that
UlforceVeedramon is the same Veedramon that Taichi partners with

Are the scanlations accurate?... There's only one or two groups that have translated it...

No, Machinedramon doesnt have red eye anywhere else. Only in the early PS1 games he had red eye and even white head. In any other media Machinedramon has blank black eyes. Its a small detail sure, but I like red eyes on him.

And yes, while Redigitized was a modernizedDigimon World, Next Order seems to be to real continuation to DW.

Oh, could've sworn he had red in his eyes in 01 or was it yellow.

I-hate-u

Are the scanlations accurate?... There's only one or two groups that have translated it...

Oh, could've sworn he had red in his eyes in 01 or was it yellow.

The one that I read online is out there, and seems pretty accurate. There are no inconsistencies as far as I can tell.

Ledbetter

Came here a little bit late, but I liked the PV. I loved the new version of Butter-fly and it was weird to see Hikari with no movement at all.

It didn't show too much to start with theories or something (apart from who is that Greymon), still, a few months to go.

And by the way, it seems that they took Digimon off Netflix. Digimon Fusion is the only one that appears right now :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was interested in rewatching Adventure and Tamers, but it seems like Netflix was the only place with them subbed.

There's always other options... (Can't help it that stream contracts suck and it was currently the only legit way to watch it).

...my HDD will stuff until they are put on discs. It will happen... one day... but until then I will just make bitter posts :/

So I don't know if this was posted yet or not, but they released a trailer for the cosplay Digivice (which is honestly cooler than I thought it was going to be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZXNdMRDQg

Now the interesting thing is that it also gives us a look at the Tri designs for Greymon, WarGreymon, and WereGarurumon.

Did the claws on the Dramon Killers always move? I could have sworn that they didn't...

Lol nope.They're claws that fit over his hand like a katar. Wouldn't make sense for them to move like that o_O.
His shoulder horn things are more pronounced as well. Also the belt armour as well.

Edit- also those

Lol nope.They're claws that fit over his hand like a katar. Wouldn't make sense for them to move like that o_O.
His shoulder horn things are more pronounced as well. Also the belt armour as well.

Edit- also those

Hmmm, I thought so. If you couldn't see his fists so clearly, it might have made more sense, but now it looks like he has to use telepathy to move them.

Greymon looks fat but menacing as we've already seen and WereGarurumon doesn't look too different, but he does seem "better" somehow.

Hmmm, I thought so. If you couldn't see his fists so clearly, it might have made more sense, but now it looks like he has to use telepathy to move them.

Greymon looks fat but menacing as we've already seen and WereGarurumon doesn't look too different, but he does seem "better" somehow.

Yeah greymon actually looks pretty fierce in the trailer. I was thinking the same about weregarurumon , drummed it up to him being more detailed.

I wouldn't really treat the Xros Wars manga like it's canon to anything but itself. It uses storyline bits from all the shows and manga, and that would mean V-Tamer took place in the same universe as Adventure because both are referenced.

And that is flat out impossible.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The new designs look great! Not that the original shows had a good budget for quality. Only a handful of better animation quality for 02, even. Still, Dogimon is one of those series that can look fantastic on a higher budget. The poster, those new promo shots look great :)

The new designs look great! Not that the original shows had a good budget for quality. Only a handful of better animation quality for 02, even. Still, Dogimon is one of those series that can look fantastic on a higher budget. The poster, those new promo shots look great :)

Yeah, the complicated designs and battles of Digimon really lends itself to a higher budget.

In a low budget animation you have to sacrifice one for the other, which gives us the chance to constantly relive this moment:

q66mpRl.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the complicated designs and battles of Digimon really lends itself to a higher budget.

Having Hosoda on the job sure helped :) I wasn't a big fan when I was younger on his simplistic (but more realistic) human designs, but it realllly grew on me as I got older and saw some of original works. The Digimon always looked amazing though, through his style.

Having Hosoda on the job sure helped :) I wasn't a big fan when I was younger on his simplistic (but more realistic) human designs, but it realllly grew on me as I got older and saw some of original works. The Digimon always looked amazing though, through his style.

The thing that makes me so hopeful (at least the animation part) about Tri is that it seems to be similar to that Hosoda aesthetic. The Kuwagamon fight looking like a callback to the Digimon Adventure Movie and similarly the Alphamon fight to Our War Game helps too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that makes me so hopeful (at least the animation part) about Tri is that it seems to be similar to that Hosoda aesthetic. The Kuwagamon fight looking like a callback to the Digimon Adventure Movie and similarly the Alphamon fight to Our War Game helps too.

I feel like the original 2 were fan-favorites and Toei recognized the popularity of them. Even though it was a mess, Digimon: The Movie's popularity may have played a part too, depending how close they look at global fanbases.

I-hate-u

Dramon Killers shouldn't be moving like that. Overall, I have to hand to them, they managed to retain the old style nicely while using modern art technology. Something, which Dragon Ball always struggled with.

I wonder why they didn't do the same for the designs of human characters.

Top Bottom