• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

I like the colors, chat buildings, and trees. They give off a "Digital World" vibe.

I'm still waiting to see more of the roster. Agumon, Gabumon, and Numemon are sort of a given.

Are the models the same as cyber sleuth?
If so we might actually get a huge amount of digimon to digivolve

Are the models the same as cyber sleuth?
If so we might actually get a huge amount of digimon to digivolve

That's my hope. I do want them to start adding the ones they missed in Cyber Sleuth too. Except for the armor evolutions, I can't really see them working in a World game.

I meant how would that affect evolution and life span. There hasn't been devolving in the World games yet and armor evolutions are dead ends. Never mind that most are at a Adult-ish level, which is already easy to accomplish.

Magnamon and Rapidmon (armor) could get in though. Late game items that can get your V-mon or Terriermon to an instant high level without all the training fuss.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That feeling when you grab something rare and then it shows up cheaper later... I'm sure you guys have read my freak-outs on here about the GEM figures.

Well...

Ken
Angemon
Angewomon

Now all up on TRSI out of absolutely nowhere >_> They do some figures, more now than before, and suddenly this :p Of course being "unavailable" could mean that they already sold out? But still... These are MSRP!! I recommend grabbing immediately if they do go up/back up.

Wow, that Angewomon and Angemon figures look awesome and I don't even like Angemon that much... I said to myself I wouldn't buy anymore figures, why do you tempt me so Curler T_T.

oti

Banned
Re-watched Tamers in its entirety again and wow, it flew right over my head when I was a kid but the last few episodes are all about depression and suicidal thoughts. I also found myself on the side of the parents when they tried to keep their kids out of danger. I'm getting old.

Re-watched Tamers in its entirety again and wow, it flew right over my head when I was a kid but the last few episodes are all about depression and suicidal thoughts. I also found myself on the side of the parents when they tried to keep their kids out of danger. I'm getting old.

Tamers is such a nice contrast to Adventure while keeping some of my favorite stuff from it, like family involvement and "real-world problems" (except to the extreeeeme).

It's not a season many seem to appreciate until they are older. It probably would have done better if it released now instead of right after Adventure.

Tamers is such a nice contrast to Adventure while keeping some of my favorite stuff from it, like family involvement and "real-world problems" (except to the extreeeeme).

It's not a season many seem to appreciate until they are older. It probably would have done better if it released now instead of right after Adventure.

Adventure definitely has some of that too, though in a much more toned down way. It's about a group of depressed kids whose final obstacle is literally a giant ball of depression.

Character profiles from the magazine mentioned a little while ago:

Yagami Hikari(Kari):
2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.

Takaishi Takeru(T.K):
2nd year middle school student. Very popular among girls in school. Due to his parents divorce, he lives separately from his brother Yamato, they both get along really well. His partner is Patamon.

Ishida Yamato(Matt):
2nd year senior high school student. Even he's in his senior high school, he still continues with his band as base and vocalist. His partner Digimon is Gabumon.

Takenouchi Sora:
2nd year senior high school student. She's like a "big sister" among the Chosen Children. She's Taichi's classmate. Her partner Digimon is Piyomon.

Yagami Taichi(Tai):
2nd year senior high school student. Part of the school soccer club, who pratices really hard on soccer every day, lately he's been trying to decide on his future career. His partner Digimon is Agumon.

Source:Bokutachi

Apparently these have been translated from incomplete scans or something. Thus, it's missing Jou,Mimi,Izzy.

No idea why they included Kari LOVING icecream...

Just another character trait they are getting ready to completely ignore. :p

Also looks like we'll know Taichi's career choice at the end of all this. UN antics ahoy!

Edit: Mimi pictures are showing up now. My Japanese isn't that good, but I think it says something like she's a spirited girl and lived in America, but now resides in Japan.

Stuart444

Yeah, the Ice Cream thing is completely random but I guess she needs a character trait for this series. Like Takeru being popular among girls at his school, Yamato still being band material, Sora being a sister to most chosen (and nothing else) along with being Taichi's classmate and Taichi loving soccer and preparing for a career in politics.

It's all good :) XD

Comments links to one of Mimi but it's really blurry. All I can make out is that she's a first year in high school and something about America. So blurry though.

Edit: Mimi pictures are showing up now. My Japanese isn't that good, but I think it says something like she's a spirited girl and lived in America, but now resides in Japan.

You can see it better than me then. My eyesight isn't great just now so the picture being blurry doesn't help either XD.

The whole spirited girl thing sounds accurate enough though.

Also seems others are saying yeah, she lived in America but now resides in Japan so...

I guess that confirms one thing from 02? XD. (Well technically 2 02 things are confirmed for Tri. Mimi was in America and Takeru did move back to Odaiba since he is in the same school as Hikari)

You can see it better than me then. My eyesight isn't great just now so the picture being blurry doesn't help either XD.

The whole spirited girl thing sounds accurate enough though.

Also seems others are saying yeah, she lived in America but now resides in Japan so...

I guess that confirms one thing from 02? XD. (Well technically 2 02 things are confirmed for Tri. Mimi was in America and Takeru did move back to Odaiba since he is in the same school as Hikari)

I'm not all that confident about the spirited girl part, but it made sense so eh. For all I know it says she likes to fly in her free time, lol.

And really it should have been expected they wouldn't completely retcon 02. As long as they get rid of the crappy parts of the epilogue, I'll be content. Heck, they can even acknowledge Miyako existed. :p

Also Yamato being in a band. Plus, the V-Jump profile of Yamato from about five months ago mentioned that he and Takeru got their blond hair from their French grandfather. There have been several 02 references by this point.

I know but people have been debating the issue for a good long while even wondering if Mimi never went to America or stuff like that.

Sorry, wasn't trying to say it wasn't worth pointing out, just saying people were being a little optimistic thinking it wouldn't be canon (me included at one point).

Edit: Looks like other translators are saying Mimi lived in Japan and now lives in America. So I might have got that backwards. >.>

Stuart444

Edit: Looks like other translators are saying Mimi lived in Japan and now lives in America. So I might have got that backwards. >.>

If it was clearer, I could tell lol.

I'd ask someone but by the time they get back to me, it'd probably be confirmed whichever it is lol.

Cyber Sleuth mini hype:
http://gematsu.com/2015/08/digimon-...-adds-new-game-difficulty-settings-cross-save
Asian ps4 + vita versions this Autumn / Fall. We'll at least get to see how much effort if any, has been put into the ps4 port.
Seems the Asian version won't be in engrish, Chinese subtitles only. NG+ and cross save confirmed.

First-print copies of the traditional Chinese version will include the following content:

Black Agumon and Black Gabumon download code
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth custom PS Vita themes download code
Protagonist-costumed Agumon download code
Add-on story starring Digimon World Dusk heroine
Masafumi Takada selections soundtrack

I skipped dawn -+ Dusk since they seemed similar to DS and that burned me out, was the story any good or is this just a cameo?

Cyber Sleuth mini hype:
http://gematsu.com/2015/08/digimon-...-adds-new-game-difficulty-settings-cross-save
Asian ps4 + vita versions this Autumn / Fall. We'll at least get to see how much effort if any, has been put into the ps4 port.
Seems the Asian version won't be in engrish, Chinese subtitles only. NG+ and cross save confirmed.

I skipped dawn -+ Dusk since they seemed similar to DS and that burned me out, was the story any good or is this just a cameo?

Difficulty options is the best thing about this news. By far the weakest part of the original game.

And it's sort of a side-story cameo thing. She mostly just sits around as you realize the Demon Lords are way harder than the rest of the game. I don't think you'll miss much if you didn't play Dawn/Dusk.

I wonder if there's any chance of the difficulty settings being patched into the Japanese release. That would be a nice addition.

Difficulty options is the best thing about this news. By far the weakest part of the original game.

And it's sort of a side-story cameo thing. She mostly just sits around as you realize the Demon Lords are way harder than the rest of the game. I don't think you'll miss much if you didn't play Dawn/Dusk.

The big get for the cameo winds up just being that she's voice by Ai Maeda, which is awesome. Aside from that, she mostly just sits around, although she does have some good moments for the finale of that set of missions.

Yooooo, Omegamon (Our War Game ver.) releasing in America this December for $64.99!

11828578_1032227973463034_4387331191266780120_n.jpg

Dat cape man.

I wonder if there's any chance of the difficulty settings being patched into the Japanese release. That would be a nice addition.

The big get for the cameo winds up just being that she's voice by Ai Maeda, which is awesome. Aside from that, she mostly just sits around, although she does have some good moments for the finale of that set of missions.

It did make me sort of nostalgic seeing her and despite the DS games not being the best, I'm glad they acknowledged them.

Where can I buy it or pre-order it?

Amazon would probably be the best place. It might take a week or two for it to show up on there.

Edit: Better scans of the whole gang have shown up. Nothing exciting for these guys, like the love of ice cream. :p Also added Mimi's accurate translation since that wasn't posted here yet.

Tachikawa Mimi - 1st year in high school. She has a cheerful, expressive personality. Currently she is living away from Japan, in America. Her Digimon partner is Palmon.

Kido Jou- 3rd year in high school. He attends prep school to prepare for university exams and is engrossed with studying daily but worries because he isn't getting the grades that he wants. His Digimon partner is Gomamon.

Izumi Koushiro- 1st year in high school. He is skilled at computers and has both the ability to analyze and understand situations. Sometimes he gets so absorbed with what's in front of him that he ignores everything else. His Digimon partner is Tentomon.

I-hate-u

Omegamon's coil-y body always weird-ed me out. I shudder to think how he actually looks without the armor.

Yagami Hikari(Kari):
2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.

Takaishi Takeru(T.K):
2nd year middle school student. Very popular among girls in school. Due to his parents divorce, he lives separately from his brother Yamato, they both get along really well. His partner is Patamon.

Ishida Yamato(Matt):
2nd year senior high school student. Even he's in his senior high school, he still continues with his band as base and vocalist. His partner Digimon is Gabumon.

Takenouchi Sora:
2nd year senior high school student. She's like a "big sister" among the Chosen Children. She's Taichi's classmate. Her partner Digimon is Piyomon.

Yagami Taichi(Tai):
2nd year senior high school student. Part of the school soccer club, who pratices really hard on soccer every day, lately he's been trying to decide on his future career. His partner Digimon is Agumon.

Apparently these have been translated from incomplete scans or something. Thus, it's missing Jou,Mimi,Izzy.

I can't wait to see how they explain how Yamato choose a career in spaceflight.

Omegamon's coil-y body always weird-ed me out. I shudder to think how he actually looks without the armor..

I always thought of Omegamon as a giant robot with MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon being "ghosts in the machine", so to speak.

I can't wait to see how they explain how Yamato choose a career in spaceflight.

The only thing I could ever conjure up in my mind why that job made since, other than "it's cool", was that Gabumon's line is closely associated with the moon and space.

Then again, I never saw Jou become a sailor or Taichi fly to the sun.

I-hate-u

The only thing I could ever conjure up in my mind why that job made since, other than "it's cool", was that Gabumon's line is closely associated with the moon and space.

Then again, I never saw Jou become a sailor or Taichi fly to the sun.

I hope the writers of the epilogue know that the complexity of that job is probably at the same level if not exceeds that of Koushiro, the genius of the group.

I want to see the turning point in Yamato's life where he displays such an intelligence and hard work that the job demands. Dude was average at best in Adventure.

I hope the writers of the epilogue know that the complexity of that job is probably at the same level if not exceeds that of Koushiro, the genius of the group.

I want to see the turning point in Yamato's life where he displays such an intelligence and hard work that the job demands. Dude was average at best in Adventure.

It's obvious they put no thought into his career, which is surprising considering he is supposed to be one of the bigger characters. Heck, even though it was fitting, Taichi's UN job felt lazy too. And don't get me started on the endings that make me wonder if the writers were even paying attention.

Then you have Iori, whose career choice was spot-on and a good end-point for his arc. It's like different people were writing each character's epilogue.

It's obvious they put no thought into his career, which is surprising considering he is supposed to be one of the bigger characters. Heck, even though it was fitting, Taichi's UN job felt lazy too. And don't get me started on the endings that make me wonder if the writers were even paying attention.

Then you have Iori, whose career choice was spot-on and a good end-point for his arc. It's like different people were writing each character's epilogue.

The jobs were basically 02 in miniature.

Ken and Iori got sensible jobs which felt like the natural conclusions for their arc. Takeru's job felt random, Miyako gets nothing at all, Daisuke had something completely nonsensical, and Hikari had something that didn't connect to anything. And then the older characters mostly got shafted. Koushirou's job made sense, but most of them just felt completely random.

Why the hell is Sora a fashion designer? Or Yamato an astronaut? It would be hard to come up with less fitting jobs.

Stuart444

Hikari was also the only one to not get a visual AT ALL. Even Miyako who was a house wife got a visual. That always annoyed me.

Sora and Yamatos were both equally baffling to me though. Made no sense.

Yagami Hikari(Kari):

Takaishi Takeru(T.K):

Ishida Yamato(Matt):

Takenouchi Sora:

Yagami Taichi(Tai):

The rest:

Tachikawa Mimi - 1st year in high school. She has a cheerful, expressive personality. Currently she is living away from Japan, in America. Her Digimon partner is Palmon.

Kido Jou- 3rd year in high school. He attends prep school to prepare for university exams and is engrossed with studying daily but worries because he isn't getting the grades that he wants. His Digimon partner is Gomamon.

Izumi Koushiro- 1st year in high school. He is skilled at computers and has both the ability to analyze and understand situations. Sometimes he gets so absorbed with what's in front of him that he ignores everything else. His Digimon partner is Tentomon.

Thanks to WtW

Edit - beaten to it lol.

I don't think anybody's ending job had that much thought put into it, the obvious jobs got put in(although that doesn't explain why Jou went from a book worm to a sailor)... It seemed like something they tacked on last minute to create a happily ever after moment and to shutter the Adventure series for good...Until 2014...tbc

The jobs were basically 02 in miniature.

Ken and Iori got sensible jobs which felt like the natural conclusions for their arc. Takeru's job felt random, Miyako gets nothing at all, Daisuke had something completely nonsensical, and Hikari had something that didn't connect to anything. And then the older characters mostly got shafted. Koushirou's job made sense, but most of them just felt completely random.

Why the hell is Sora a fashion designer? Or Yamato an astronaut? It would be hard to come up with less fitting jobs.

That's probably the best way to sum it up, just awful. Yamato, Sora, and Miyako's feel like no one got the point of their characters at all.

I don't think anybody's ending job had that much thought put into it, the obvious jobs got put in(although that doesn't explain why Jou went from a book worm to a sailor)... It seemed like something they tacked on last minute to create a happily ever after moment and to shutter the Adventure series for good...Until 2014...tbc

I'd agree with you except for the fact that Ken and Iori's jobs were perfect.

Seriously, Iori becoming a defense attorney was the perfect reflection of his whole arc. And Ken being a detective is pretty inspired as well.

Everyone else though was either lazy or random. Jou becomes a Digimon doctor btw, not a sailor.

That's probably the best way to sum it up, just awful. Yamato, Sora, and Miyako's feel like no one got the point of their characters at all.

I'd agree with you except for the fact that Ken and Iori's jobs were perfect.

Seriously, Iori becoming a defense attorney was the perfect reflection of his whole arc. And Ken being a detective is pretty inspired as well.

Everyone else though was either lazy or random. Jou becomes a Digimon doctor btw, not a sailor.

Oh I must've misread, rewatching 02 atm so didn't want to jump to the end to remind myself.

I-hate-u

Do you even need grades to become a Digimon doctor/vet lol? I was actually disappointed when I first watched the Epilogue in Joe's job. I wished he turned out as a medical doctor, showing perseverance and growth of character.

Btw, I agree with Stuart444 about Hikari always getting the short end of the stick. She had a whole arc basically about her, and she doesn't even get an epilogue screen? Also she is wack with long hair.
And her son looks wack too.

The rest:

Thanks to WtW

Yeaaaaahhhhh, Mimi is going to get no airtime at all.

Interesting about Koushiro getting too absorbed into what he is doing. I thought he grew out of it in Adventure. Old habits return?

Do you even need grades to become a Digimon doctor/vet lol? I was actually disappointed when I first watched the Epilogue in Joe's job. I wished he turned out as a medical doctor, showing perseverance and growth of character.

The fact that Joe decides to stick with his doctor ambition, not only for his father, but for himself, was a cool character moment. His epilogue should have stuck with the obvious, instead of trying to make it "cool".

Interesting about Koushiro getting too absorbed into what he is doing. I thought he grew out of it in Adventure. Old habits return?

Yeah, I've been rewatching Adventure lately, and I'm pretty sure this was addressed in the episode where Mimi gets upset with him and runs into the maze.

Though later he mentions to his parents that he gets too absorbed with his computer and they tell him it's alright because that's who he is.

So... I don't remember if they show him growing out of it or not. Maybe they'll bring it up again towards the end.

Stuart444

Btw, I agree with Stuart444 about Hikari always getting the short end of the stick. She had a whole arc basically about her, and she doesn't even get an epilogue screen? Also she is wack with long hair.
And her son looks wack too.

Yeaaaaahhhhh, Mimi is going to get no airtime at all.

1. Speculation here but I'm guessing Joe studied to become a human/medical Doctor (which may be continued in Tri based on the character profile preparing for University and stuff) but at some point after when the worlds have crossed over and things become peaceful, she chose to use his knowledge of Digimon he gained as a chosen child to help Digimon as a Doctor. (Similar to when he helped Ogremon when he got hurt near the end of Adventure)

2. Mimi will get airtime, it looks like in the PV that she just got back from America and is annoyed that no one is picking her up XD. (or that they are running late XD)

3. Again I suspect that Koushiro still gets absorbed into what he is doing but unlike in Adventure, he tries to not let it affect his friendships like he did before. Plus old habits die hard and all :p

Pretty much this. So much for love and purity. She really didn't have any redeeming factors to her personality. I guess she fed the Digimon (through stealing her parents' business food...)

I hate how they gave those to her solely based on her being the girl. It would have made far more sense to give knowledge to Miyako and purity to Iori.

She got over that actually. Her illusion at the end shows that while she acts like she hates it, she'd miss it if her family weren't around.

Haha, I must really hate her if I'm giving her more negative traits than she deserves. That said, even if she loves her large family, I don't see her having one herself or even being a stay-at-home mom. It seems like we skipped over a character moment in order for that to happen.

Sort of the same with Sora. You can kind of see how she ends up a fashion designer if you say her development is accepting that she is more like her mom (and more "girly") than she thought. But we skipped over a few story beats in order for that to work.

Edit: PSA for Digimon SH Figuarts collecters. Imperialdramon is currently selling for $36 on Amazon US. It's normally $65, so that seems like a good deal.

Miyako's not a very memorable character, even if you hate her, like me. She just doesn't have any "big" moments that you can associate with her.

The rest of the 02 cast at least gets that much.

Her most memorable aspect in 02 is just her little call she'd do when opening the Digital Gate, which is kind of a sad thing to be your most memorable aspect. She really had no memorable moments aside from her stuff with Mimi (and really, that's just memorable because of Mimi being the greatest). I guess there was that random bit where she wanted to eat borscht? That's basically what passes for memorable with Miyako.

I guess all I can really say about Miyako is that she had some nice image songs, Shurimon is pretty awesome, and I liked her when I was 13. She didn't really come across well at all when I rewatched the series recently.

Stuart444

To be fair though, apart from some of the cast (Joe, Iori, etc), many of them had no real "this is what they would probably become" thing. It was just a "we want to show people that this is the end of adventure" thing.

None of them were even in High School yet which is when people usually start thinking about what they want to do.

So it's really about how Tri handles it I guess. And if the epilogue is still canon after it.

We'll see.

Top Bottom