• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry receive their Xbox Series X ("Let's get to work")

cormack12

Gold Member
91uYqA.jpg

9U8aLN.jpg

9OJsQN.jpg

Lots of frustrated Sony fans in the tweet replies as well

Last edited:

Mmnow

More SBox Series X naming confusion :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

I'm looking forward to getting some third party reaction to these devices. It's all good and well getting excited based on marketing material, but all that goes out the window the second someone objective gets hold of it.

Shame it didn't happen before preorders, but I guess that's inevitable.

I'm guessing Sony wanted to let MS go first, they'll reveal the UI, etc. later.
DF should receive a PS5 later.
Not sure if you saw the news but JP PS Blog put out a post the other day where they straight up said JP influencers/high profile youtubers will go hands on with PS5 from Oct 4th onwards. So yeah we are getting some PS5 first hands on look from next weekend :D

Orky

Banned
What are they gonna work on?

"Well since this machine have no games (yet), here we have our first look at the UI, which is clearly identical to the XBOne. Thanks for joining me, see you soon."
What are you talking about no Games? There are a lot of games also nextgen only games, like The Medium. This doesn’t count now?

ms already said the ui is the same as the current gen...balls pretty much in sonys court
They never said that. They only said that they will be the same, but not that it will be the same as current gen.
In fact, the store already got a huge overhaul and is not he best store on any console by far now. Let’s see if the rest of the UI also gets an overhaul. Might be.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
DF seeing the fruits of their labour of shilling finally paying off.

willy-wonka.jpg

willy-wonka.jpg

A shill is still a shill. They’re still a video game news outlet. All they’re doing there is repeating information that’s being circulated.

One article giving a positive for Sony for once doesn’t make them neutral all of a sudden.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I do want to see the UI, the multi-game resume in action, and I guess the enhancements for current-gen games. I assume they can't actually show us next-gen games running on it yet? (a whole 6 weeks from launch :messenger_crying: )

FranXico

A shill is still a shill. They’re still a video game news outlet. All they’re doing there is repeating information that’s being circulated.

One article giving a positive for Sony for once doesn’t make them neutral all of a sudden.
Was it really presented as a positive, though?

llien

willy-wonka.jpg

Shilling for more than one side means double the income and "see, we shill for others too" defense when called out for BS.
Remind me how much faster than 2080 3080 is according to DF.

DrDamn

In fact, the store already got a huge overhaul and is not he best store on any console by far now.

So you are hoping for similar on the rest of the UI? Pretty sure that's already not the best UI on any console by far. :)

Orta

Banned

Don't let it bother you sweetheart, hundreds of Sony shills are oiling their propaganda machine for next weeks PS5 hands-on. You'll be fine.

THE:MILKMAN

Tbf, they praised the PS4 all the way up until the stupid mid gen refresh.

I really do think the DF crew just genuinely like all HW and are geeking out over it. What seems to have have happened over the last couple of years is Sony have retracted into their shell Nintendo-like and simply don't engage with the likes of DF/game media right now. At the same time Microsoft have bent over backwards to court the game media and even random YouTubers. Be that flying them out to HQ or sending them a console to test. Basically Microsoft are doing exactly what Sony did after PS3 that won back huge swathes of people through goodwill. The real headscratcher is why Sony seem to have conceded this so entirely?

This has led to clear frustration with DF and noting how transparent Microsoft have been. Only Sony know why they went this route. If they sell the expected amount of PS5's they won't care and will have saved millions of $ and a lot of time in the process but probably pissed off a lot of fans too.

THE:MILKMAN

Simply a question of controlling the narrative, it's a Japanese thing.

Not convinced Japan have pushed the change here but even so "controlling the narrative' is such an old fashion term and can't believe Sony's globalisation included disengaging with the game press and fans to this extent.

In saying that it is clear everything goes through Jim and he does all the talking. There is no team that I can see. Never mind being fun or engaging like recent previous teams!

FireFly

Remind me how much faster than 2080 3080 is according to DF.
It depends on the game, resolution, and settings. Since according to DF, there are games with significant scaling on Ampere (eg. Control), games with moderate gains (eg. Far Cry 5) and games with poor gains (eg. Ghost Recon).

Cyborg

Where is the PS5 prototype? Ive only seen renders not a real PS5.
I wonder if its even real or just PR talk. Doomed, I tell you.

Cerny reached out to them in their PS5 video which came out right after Road To PS5.

I think if the guy who spearheaded Sony's next-gen system development is okay with DF, the rabid extremists who must make DF the enemy at all costs, aught to at least tolerate them a bit more.

Otherwise it just makes you guys look like dried prunes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom