I suspect that the issue is that game developers received their XSX and XSS dev-kits later than they when they received their PS5 dev-kits and that they had to split their development time between the XSX and XSS. Also, the software support (drivers and Application Program Interfaces) probably needs to be updated.
They only claim a 4-6X raw GPU advantage over Xbox One while having 9X TFLOPS advantage , The triangles rate advantage is the part that bring it down to 4 -6X the raw GPU output & PS5 actually has the advantage in triangle & pixel fill rate so why do people keep using the Xbox Series X GPU...
- Only covering 'next-gen' versions. PS5 Series S|X
- "Bug" in SDR mode which may make PS5 look darker, developers are looking into it.
- Game has 3 modes. Image Quality Mode, Resolution Mode, Performance Mode.
- Image Quality Mode
- Focused on boosting world detail.
- Higher rez shadow, AO, draw distance.
- All versions target 4K but w/ dynamic scaling. 1440p to 4K
- Series S tops out at 1440p but mostly 1080p or below.
- PS5 has higher average resolution and texture filtering.
- Targets 60 FPS and PS5|Series X mostly deliver.
- Both tear a bit, VRR solves Xbox issue.
- Series S the worst of the 3 but not that bad.
- Resolution Mode
- Targets 4K and sticks close to it most often.
- Series S still mostly sticks to 1080p range.
- Details like AO, Shadows etc lower than Image Quality mode.
- Series S has other cut backs like grass levels.
- All 3 consoles give the best performance in this mode. Very stable with very minor slowdown.
- Series S is the slowest of the 3, but very minor difference.
- Frame Rate / Performance Mode
- Targets 120hz w/ dynamic scaling.
- 900p to 1440p avg on PS5/Series X
- Series S as low as 570p.
- Detail level on PS5 is significantly higher than both Xbox versions in this mode
- Cars detail, geometric detail, grass, tessellation, environmental geometry takes a big hit on Xbox consoles.
- DF theorizes this is likely a bug. They have been told the developers are looking into it.
- Feels very very smooth. Series S fares the worst of the 3, but again not by that much.
- 120hz mode is very smooth by and large, PS5 has performance dips on a specific type of track.
- XB Series X feels the smoothest here additionally thanks to VRR
You just forgot what Forza 4 looked like (and at what Res) which is why you think this looks like a mobile game.
Im assuming you are agreeing with Chernos outlook on the game if not be more clear with your posts.
That is a big gap in quality at 120. Something is seriously wrong with the Series X. If it’s devkits being that far behind or not, you can’t boast about “most powerful console” and then release undercooked tools. Absolutely subpar launch for Xbox. Get your shit together!