• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster: Day of Crisis coming on October 24th

Jme

Fuck yes.

NOA PR: Feel free to go ahead and confirm your October date as well...

Go on...

ANY TIME NOW, SERIOUSLY

Shiggy

Sadist said:
But on what kind of releaselist did it pop up on the 24th of October?

This is way to vague for my tastes.

Fact is, we don't have an official releaselist for Nintendo games after September.

Im about to leave out but I just saw this on go. . .Nintendo.

Danish retailer list thingy. . .
(Link not working, go look for your self)

(. . .Hummm. . .Sonic unleashed a plateformer yet Sonic BK is a advanture title?)

Haunted

wat.

only two months from now? Damn.

I think I like Sony's approach of announcing games three years before release more. It totally bolsters the future lineup
great for list wars!

bryehn

Shiggy said:
Fact is, we don't have an official releaselist for Nintendo games after September.

I (and anyone else that had E3 press access) have the North American one that goes all the way through January, I'd assume Europe has a similar list, no?

Shiggy

bryehn said:
I (and anyone else that had E3 press access) have the North American one that goes all the way through January, I'd assume Europe has a similar list, no?

Nope, we don't even have games like Animal Crossing or Wii Music with TBA2008 releasedates. Of course, they will be coming this year.

Farnack said:
That's like backwards marketing.
how so? advertising is designed to sell a product to consumers, it's in their best interest to make it a product available either now or even just within a week or so.

JaseMath

JoshuaJSlone said:
What's so unbelievable about it?
This is just too out of the blue and...aside from the complete lack of marketing (helping to ensure yet another high-profile game disappoints in sales), there's been no previews, no new media, no new anything of any kind on this game for like a year and a half. And now it's coming out all of a sudden in less than two months? No f'ing way.

Farnack

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
how so? advertising is designed to sell a product to consumers, it's in their best interest to make it a product available either now or even just within a week or so.
Do I really need to show you examples of pre-release advertising being a really successful marketing strategy?

I dunno about this. The game has yet to really come out of the gates swinging with previews of any sort. Plus, I can easily see a concept like this getting completely butchered.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I thought we were specifically told by NOA that they were publishing no "undisclosed" games were coming to the Wii through the end of this year...

Shiggy

DavidDayton said:
I thought we were specifically told by NOA that they were publishing no "undisclosed" games were coming to the Wii through the end of this year...

Right, but this is a European announcement.

Amir0x

Banned
As one of the only original IPs pushed by Nintendo clearly aimed at the hardcore gamer for the Wii, I am interested in it. I am skeptical because the information about the gameplay just sounds like a bunch of lame mini-games with occasional shooting in between or something. We'll see.

DavidDayton said:
Wasn't this game announced like two years ago?

I wouldn't call that "undisclosed."

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Awesome. I would like to know more about it though, since all we have are a few screenshots.

oh, damn no release date for NA. :(

JasonMCG said:
This is just too out of the blue and...aside from the complete lack of marketing (helping to ensure yet another high-profile game disappoints in sales), there's been no previews, no new media, no new anything of any kind on this game for like a year and a half. And now it's coming out all of a sudden in less than two months? No f'ing way.

This is how Nintendo is doing things now. Captain Rainbow was the same. It's only showing stuff when it's almost finished, rather than cockteasing us over three years.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tiktaalik said:
What the hell? Maybe in Japan it was a stealth release, but Nintendo of America gave it a marketing blitz of unheard of proportions that was probably not bested until Halo 2.

I mean damn, they renamed Topeka Kansas, "Topikachu" for a day. The hype was ridiculous.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified that: of course I was talking about Japan. It's pretty obvious that if you were to release a game in one territory and witness a tremendous success that you'd market the hell out of it when launching it in other territories.

Pokémon began with Pokémon Green (and Red), which was never released outside of Japan, and then got refined and replaced by Pokémon Blue in Japan, Europe and the U.S. It was barely marketed in Japan at first, but soon grew exponentially by word-of-mouth.

Spiegel

Haunted said:
wat.

only two months from now? Damn.

I think I like Sony's approach of announcing games three years before release more. It totally bolsters the future lineup
great for list wars!

Well, the game was announced more than 2 years ago

Top Bottom