• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disciples III: Renaissance announced.

EGM92

I seen screens of the game last week, but it was only close ups of 3d models, nothing special. I just hope it's as good as D2. I spent a good 100+hrs playing all those stories & expansions.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
syllogism said:
Yeah read about this a few days ago, but was disappointed to see Akella is developing it.

Yea the guys who did the first two games got the boot which really sucks as they did an amazing job with the franchise so far.

pilgrim

So far, only three playable races have been announced. The Empire, The Legions of the Damned and the Noble Elves. Will there be more races announced as time passes by, or are you planning to add for an example The Undead in a possible future expansion?
- 7 races are planned at this time. Although they will not all be playable from the first installment, they will still be represented and participate in the first storyline. They will eventually be added as playable races.

One of the greatest features of Disciples II was the hot seat function. Will it make it's comeback in the third installment? Furthermore, what other modes do you picture Disciples III featuring, else than the obvious single player mode?
- Multiplayer mode, including hot seat, should remain in the game. Additionally, single player skirmishing should still be allowed (single quests).

The third installment will bring the series into the 3D-era for the first time. What benefits do you see working in three dimensions?
- The immediate benefit is the amount of drama that can be injected into the game. Also, units can benefit from more elaborate animation schemes, animations not being limited by video memory allowances anymore. 3D always allows far more flexibility in what can be done and this will be used to full potential. For instance, interaction between spell effects, environments and even character clothing’s can be dynamic instead of being 'canned'.

The whole interview here:
http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=95032

I am rather excited about this game. Hopefully we will get to see the DS version of Disciples before the third installment of the pc version is released...

MoxManiac

Glad to see this is still on track, but I'm wary of it in the hands of a different developer. However, it seems to be working for Heroes of M&M V (so far, anyways) so I'll be crossing my fingers.

Disciples II is one of the best TBS games ever.

Disciples III obviously will be out "when it's done", to quote the team behind the ever so overdue "Duke Nukem Forever". Do you see Disciples III coming out as soon as this year, or perhaps the next?
- Disciples III will not be out before the end of next year.

:(

That's a long time to wait. I hope I won't have to upgrade again (already having to upgrade my video card for HoMM V)

pilgrim

Glad to see this is still on track, but I'm wary of it in the hands of a different developer. However, it seems to be working for Heroes of M&M V (so far, anyways) so I'll be crossing my fingers.
Yes this could be a problem. But the first screenshots from the game is really beautiful and the graphics do mean a lot for the game's mood.

And since they have at least 1,5 more years to develop it, they have time to get it right. :)

Top Bottom