• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Review Thread Dood

OmegaDL50

I just hope the DLC is worth my day 1 35 dollar purchase. I really hope to get my money's worth.

Here is the full DLC schedule based on the Japanese release and it's content.. Maybe it sounds worth it to you.

March 26
Laharl Chapter: Laharl, Etna, Flonne, Sicily
Laharl-chan

April 30
Valvatorez Chapter: Valvatorez, Fenrich, Artina
Fuka Chapter: Fuka, Desco, Emizel
NISA

May 28
Mao Chapter: Mao, Raspberyl, Salvatore
Almaz Chapter: Almaz, Sapphire
Metallica (The Witch and the Hundred Knight)

June 25
Adell Chapter: Adell, Rozalin, Axel

July 30
Phantom Kingdom Zetta Chapter: Zetta, Pram, Peta
La Pucelle Demon Overlord Priere Chapter: Demon Overlord Priere

The season pass throws in the series’ mascot Pleinair as an added bonus. Add free crossover DLC featuring Toro and Kuro – those Japanese Sony cat mascots.

Chapters are apparently exactly what they are. Short scenario episodes featuring those cast of characters.

Considering in previous games the DLC characters were priced at $2.99 each, and $4.99 for a Episode / Bundle pack.

So that's 7 Episode Bundles, and 3 individual character packs. If this was Disgaea 4 pricing it would be $35 for the character bundles, and $3 each for Laharl-chan, Nisa, Metallia, and Priere, for a grand total $47 for everything.

Here's hoping the US DLC Season Pass is the 4000 Yen ($35) as it was in Japan.

I'm a huge Disgaea fan but there is no way in hell I'm paying nearly $50 if NISA tries to "adjust" the pricing for the Western Market.

Here is the full DLC schedule based on the Japanese release and it's content.. Maybe it sounds worth it to you.

March 26
Laharl Chapter: Laharl, Etna, Flonne, Sicily
Laharl-chan

April 30
Valvatorez Chapter: Valvatorez, Fenrich, Artina
Fuka Chapter: Fuka, Desco, Emizel
NISA

May 28
Mao Chapter: Mao, Raspberyl, Salvatore
Almaz Chapter: Almaz, Sapphire
Metallica (The Witch and the Hundred Knight)

June 25
Adell Chapter: Adell, Rozalin, Axel

July 30
Phantom Kingdom Zetta Chapter: Zetta, Pram, Peta
La Pucelle Demon Overlord Priere Chapter: Demon Overlord Priere

The season pass throws in the series’ mascot Pleinair as an added bonus. Add free crossover DLC featuring Toro and Kuro – those Japanese Sony cat mascots.

Chapters are apparently exactly what they are. Short scenario episodes featuring those cast of characters.

Considering in previous games the DLC characters were priced at $2.99 each, and $4.99 for a Episode / Bundle pack.

So that's 7 Episode Bundles, and 3 individual character packs. If this was Disgaea 4 pricing it would be $35 for the character bundles, and $3 each for Laharl-chan, Nisa, Metallia, and Priere, for a grand total $47 for everything.

Here's hoping the US DLC Season Pass is the 4000 Yen ($35) as it was in Japan.

I'm a huge Disgaea fan but there is no way in hell I'm paying nearly $50 if NISA tries to "adjust" the pricing for the Western Market.

I've seen it before but I am still unsure if it will live up to 35 bucks. I'm still buying since I am a Disgaea nut but I will reserve judgement until I play it. I have felt in the past that DLC was overpriced.

desmax

I've seen it before but I am still unsure if it will live up to 35 bucks. I'm still buying since I am a Disgaea nut but I will reserve judgement until I play it. I have felt in the past that DLC was overpriced.

This time, the "chapter" DLC's come with a little story (No VA in cutscenes in them, tho). Containing 3 battle scerarios each

vypek

Thinking about getting this. I played Disgaea 1, 2 and D2 and really like 1 and D2 (2 wasn't bad though) but never really completed them fully.

Kouriozan

I never get the disgaea dlc, feels like a ripoff imo. Anyone know if the savefile from the demo transfers over to the full game?
I was the same, but this time it's translated in my language (French) jnlike DD2 and is already packed with content (I mean DD2 was a bit light) so I can support it no problem.
But yeah, anything higher than 35€ is too much.

poncle

One of the few series filled with anime style characters that don't find cringeworthy, really looking forward to it.

Haven't read any spoiler or watched any trailer so far, hope to be in for a nice treat.

These are surprisingly nice reviews; For reference D3 and D4 meta'd at 80 as well, so I don't doubt that I'll enjoy this.
Yeah, my trophy list is definitely lacking a Disgaea platinum.
I'll try to get it too.
Do you have anywhere between 250 and 500+ hours to dedicate to it? Have fun! I'll be disappointed if they tuned down the absurdity of the trophies. The D3 platinum is the hardest anything I've ever earned. Did not even try for 4 and D2 for how extreme they seemed.

desmax

These are surprisingly nice reviews; For reference D3 and D4 meta'd at 80 as well, so I don't doubt that I'll enjoy this.
Do you have anywhere between 250 and 500+ hours to dedicate to it? Have fun! I'll be disappointed if they tuned down the absurdity of the trophies. The D3 platinum is the hardest anything I've ever earned. Did not even try for 4 and D2 for how extreme they seemed.

I'll eventually do it.

Took me 8 months, but I got the Guided Fate Paradox one (Game by the same developers)

AwShucks

I'll eventually do it.

Took me 8 months, but I got the Guided Fate Paradox one (Game by the same developers)

I recently bought that game because it was the ZHP director. Still haven't started it yet.

Also, all that DLC sounds insane and episodes with those characters sound great. I'll have to look them up to see how well received they are. <3 Plenair

Great scores, they have done a tremendus job to upgrade the game presentation and mechanics for this game, can't wait to get my limited edition!.

Looking good. Thinking this will be the first Disgaea I deep dive into post game with. I've already spent all day yesterday unlocking classes in the demo, gameplay is solid even with only 5 scenarios to play. Shame to hear the story is little on the dreary side, I got that a bit from the demo but was hoping it was just the sluggishness and forth wall breaking tutorialising that comes with every first chapter of Disgaea games. I did however enjoy the constant wrestling references.

Elitro

Seems pretty good! reviews are higher than i remember for the other games, and i loved the other games
lina-tsun.gif

Yuuichi

I'm impressed by how many 8's this is getting.

I can't think of any other game off the top of my head to score so consistently without being 10's

ZiZ

I wish this was coming out on the PC, or at least the Vita.

are there any disgaea like games on PC?

Granak

Neo Member
Reviewer who wrote up the game for APGNation. Thanks for featuring us on the listing here. The game is great. The blanket of Disgaea 5 has been draped over me for weeks now and I've been loving it. I was glad to be taken away from the tile-by-tile journey of Fafnir Knight for a while to dive back into this series I've been mainlining for so long.

Putty

GAF, is this for me? I love RPG's. FF series, Xenogears, FF Tactics, BOF3 and of course the 3rd person Skyrim/Witcher types. Is this for me?!?!?! I'm UK, is there a UK demo?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just played through the Japanese demo (tried the TGS one before but it didn't do much for me). The story seems wacky as usual and the new systems have potential to be fun. I'll check out if I can grab it for cheap.

cj_iwakura

I never get the disgaea dlc, feels like a ripoff imo. Anyone know if the savefile from the demo transfers over to the full game?

Raspberyl (Machu Love!) was so worth it. Never bought any others, though.
(Unless you count Prinny, that game's DLC was godlike.)

Kouriozan

amazon.de just told me the game has been delayed to Oct 16th, amazon.co.uk is saying the same :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V374RMG/

Same on the NISA Europe store..
http://store.nisaeurope.com/products/disgaea-5-alliance-of-vengance

Same day as Zestiria, DQH and Dungeon Travelers 2
Why

This just killed my hype
Amazon.fr send me an e-mail telling me it was delayed and then another one 2 weeks after confirming it's coming the 9th.
Damn I hope it won't be the same day as Dragon Quest Heroes, this would kill me literally.
Plus in the NISA Europe description it still says the 9th.

Sucks. We get a nice 3 weeks of releases here with this on the 6th, DQH on 13th, and ToZ on the 20th.

This sounds perfect.
All those games releasing on the same day is really dumb.
Amazon.fr send me an e-mail telling me it was delayed and then another one 2 weeks after confirming it's coming the 9th.
Damn I hope it won't be the same day as Dragon Quest Heroes, this would kill me literally.
Plus in the NISA Europe description it still says the 9th.

The NIsa Europe store says both, one line probably just wasn't updated yet.
The official German distributor also lists it as Oct 16th.

Just realized there isn't any Phantom Brave DLC. I've always loved Ash's design and he was usually one of the only DLC characters I would ever buy. Well darn.

desmax

Malick[AI];179719780 said:
I am 100% down for this and the season pass. Sucks we don't get Marjoly again though.

No Gig is the real bummer.

He's DLC in all of the other games, why not this one

Raspberyl (Machu Love!) was so worth it. Never bought any others, though.
(Unless you count Prinny, that game's DLC was godlike.)

I was gonna by the Raspberyl one since it was actually good content but I got a new game at the time so i never got around to buying it, i own D3 for the vita tho and that has all the dlcs so theres that. Hero Prinny is the only dlc i ever got, mainly cause my bro wanted him since he was able to come back nonstop

Top Bottom