• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 releasing on November 11, is Game Informer's June cover

GavinUK86

What's interesting is in the GI video Harvey Smith says "like with Dark Souls, it's good to see that you don't have to dumb down your game".

Hopefully that means some hardcore stealth gameplay is coming with little to none hand holding.

Red Hood

Banned
Now hoping there aren't any delays

giphy.gif

What's interesting is in the GI video Harvey Smith says "like with Dark Souls, it's good to see that you don't have to dumb down your game".

Hopefully that means some hardcore stealth gameplay is coming with little to none hand holding.

Sounds good! I feel like the first game had a really good difficulty curve.

Any other impressions/tidbits from the article?

I definitely think true Dishonor fans will pick this up for sure. I just wonder if pushing this back to late November or mid October would have been better. I have a feeling that Dishonor 2 will have a great Black Friday sale for a recent game.

Yeah, you're right about the fact that CoD and the usual big releases will cannibalize Dishonored 2's sales.

Nah it's been too long already. I think it'll come out on date.
I kind of hope they delay the game, for their own sake.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah. Dishonored 2 will have two playable characters.

BTW, here is the Gameinformer cover art...

cov_278_v2_l.jpg

I wish Emily was the only main character and Corvo was living in retirement somewhere. Just seems right to fully pass the torch to her and let her have her own story

Yeah, you're right about the fact that CoD and the usual big releases will cannibalize Dishonored 2's sales.

I kind of hope they delay the game, for their own sake.

I think you're worrying a bit too much. This game is going to do fine. The average consumer purchasing the latest CoD likely isn't all that interested in this game and vice versa.

Now if two or three more massive releases launch in November, maybe it's time to start getting a bit nervous.

NeatoKuni

That's sooner than I expected, I loved the first game to pieces. I actually picked it up at launch on a whim. Hopefully we
hear from Samuel Beechworth in some way shape or form. He was my perfect sweetheart sailor and he deserved the world.

Its coming out around the time I'm moving to my first apartment so idk if I'll be able to afford it day one.

Ensoul

Great news and dishonored is one of my favorite games of last gen. Hope it actually comes out this year.

IvanJ

Banned
Never got around playing the first one, but I read so much praise, I probably should.

Banking on it to be a PS+ game this summer, that would be a smart move to gain some exposure cheaply.

I wish Emily was the only main character and Corvo was living in retirement somewhere. Just seems right to fully pass the torch to her and let her have her own story

I think Corvo is just really boring(especially compared to Daud from the DLC), but he's there if people really want him. Emily sounds like she's the really "cool", agile character from the early previews and interviews that they really built the game around.

"You can play Corvo again...but I think the draw for a lot of people is gonna be Emily Kaldwin" - Harvey Smith

Jb

I don't see what we lose by having both? I don't remember Corvo being very old in the first game anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pretty bold release date, but I got the sense they're trying to go very big with this game, so it fits that objective.

Anth0ny

yeah that release date is doing it no favors

dishonored isn't big enough to play with the big boys in november

Ah, balls. Was hopping it was for TF2 :(

This will be neat though and i'm sure it will receive all sorts of acclaim from those into this type of game. Very pretty artwork!

Myze

So excited for this. Really liking what we've seen so far. The first game was one of my surprise favorites of last gen.

Wow! I really was not expecting it this year...

Hitman, Deus Ex and Dishonored 2 in the same year. What a time to be alive!

mreddie

A. I wonder if the kingdom is stolen from Emily hence the take it back motif
B. Any new powers?
C. Is Brad Dorif coming back?
D. Is Chloe Moretz Emily again?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A. I wonder if the kingdom is stolen from Emily hence the take it back motif
B. Any new powers?
C. Is Brad Dorif coming back?
D. Is Chloe Moretz Emily again?

Emily has a new set of powers separate from Corvo's, while Corvo's are modified versions of his from the first game IIRC.

Top Bottom