• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 releasing on November 11, is Game Informer's June cover

Mifec

I do in the sense that I have no problem with the series standing on it's own sense of style rather than proper interesting background

im still invested in the story, but that aint really what im there for, and the outsider is just cool

Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree there, the first game builds him up to be something amazing, marketing did too then

herp derp just a kid who was abused by the aristocrats and then used in a botched ritual gaining godlike powers

just talking about his specific part, not the story overall.

Salsa

im gonna be so bumed when I can't run this at a steady 60 on a 2 gig 680. doubt i'll be able to upgrade

Dishonored was so beautiful cause it ran perfectly even downsampled and forcin tons of MSAA

given it's sort of cartoony geometrical look I hope they don't go super nuts in an unnecessary way and the pure artsyle remains king

Real talk, does anyone even care for The Outsider anymore after they ruined him by revealing his origins on twitter?

I do. Especially after reading through The Dunwall Archives. Super interesting stuff. It is crazy how much they fleshed out the world.

Salsa

Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree there, the first game builds him up to be something amazing, marketing did too then

herp derp just a kid who was abused by the aristocrats and then used in a botched ritual gaining godlike powers

just talking about his specific part, not the story overall.

well I don't disagree, it was kind of eh but not a major one for me, i'd be more bummed if they just got rid of him

Iscariot

Real talk, does anyone even care for The Outsider anymore after they ruined him by revealing his origins on twitter?

Unless that shit is in the game, he's still a phantasm projected by a leviathan as far I'm concerned. So yeah, I care for the Outsider.

I am disappointed they are changing the voice actor for The Outsider. Though I am so freaking excited they got Garrett from the original Thief games to voice Corvo.

Iscariot

given it's sort of cartoony geometrical look I hope they don't go super nuts in an unnecessary way and the pure artsyle remains king

If some of the images from the Gameinformer digital issue are in game, I think you'll be pleased. They maintained that exaggerated ethnomorphological look, but really upped the texture detail in an interesting way.

Salsa

If some of the images from the Gameinformer digital issue are in game, I think you'll be pleased. They maintained that exaggerated ethnomorphological look, but really upped the texture detail in an interesting way.

I kinda appreciated the under-use of stuff like particle effects. it was subtle and the game was very.. blunt? because of it, dunno how to explain it. like hard-edged

I doubt they'd betray themselves just for show, tho, so im confident

I just loved absolutely everything about how it looked

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still sort of torn. I loved the first Dishonored but I kind of don't want to buy a Bethesda game ever again after learning of their shitty business practices... (Fortunately, Dishonored really is the only Bethesda franchise I find interesting but that's still one probably great game I'd like to play but won't be able to if I follow my moral compass. #firstworldproblems :p)

Buy a used copy (if playing on a console)/resold retail key (if playing on PC). In doing so, you can experience the game for yourself and rest well knowing that you didn't play any part in its success.

I kinda appreciated the under-use of stuff like particle effects. it was subtle and the game was very.. blunt? because of it, dunno how to explain it. like hard-edged

I doubt they'd betray themselves just for show, tho, so im confident

I just loved absolutely everything about how it looked

Definitely. It is probably my favorite stylized look for a game. I read the entire gameinformer article last night. From the screenshots it looks even better.

Oh shit, didn't know about this! When immersive sim worlds collide, awesome!

Yeah. I also totally didn't realize he was the voice of the detective in Fallout 4 either.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I loved the Outsider and thought the voice actor did a phenomenal job in establishing his mysteriousness. He was my favorite part of the game, sucks to hear the voice got changed. Hope the new guy is just as good or better.

Labadal

I haven't seen these before. I don't know if this deserves a new thread or not.

CiRiTG3W0AAkJ6B.jpg:large

CiRiS_3WkAAL4PZ.jpg:large
CiRiTE0WgAI5v83.jpg:large
CiRiTGPWwAQcBvr.jpg:large
CiSu5-9XIAAHX1E.jpg:large
CiWMtPPWEAAPbOp.jpg:large

CiWMtK-WgAEJB9L.jpg:large

Top Bottom