• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disintegration Gameplay Trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher Private Division and developer V1 Interactive released the gameplay premire trailer for Disintegration during the Gamescom 2019 Opening Night Live show, which confirms a 2020 release window across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
About

In Earth’s near future, climate extremes, overpopulation, food shortages, and a global pandemic led to nations collapsing and humankind on the brink of extinction. Scientists adopted a means in which the human brain was removed and surgically encased into a robotic armature; a process known as Integration. It was meant to be a temporary solution to an unavoidable crisis.

It was a good thing for decades, allowing humans to survive. But some of the Integrated saw this new form as the future of humanity. With no desire to reverse the process, the post-humanist Integrated stratified, calling themselves the Rayonne. Global war soon erupted, and Rayonne forces now seek to hunt down any remaining humans, forcing their integration, and destroying those who don’t share their views.

In Disintegration, you play an Integrated character named Romer. He’s one of many who rebelled and are now outlawed by the Rayonne.

It’s up to you to lead a small group of these Outlaws, people who have chosen to fight back and survive, into a brighter future where we protect those they care about and hope to one day become human again.

Key Features

• Campaign – Experience a full single-player campaign as Romer Shoal, an expert Gravcycle pilot. Command your crew of Outlaws on the ground by leveraging a variety of unique unit abilities and mastery of your own personal arsenal to dominate the battle.
  • Multiplayer – Featuring three exciting multiplayer modes, each with a variety of maps. These frantic team-based battles require smart coordination, utilizing ground units with individual abilities while simultaneously maximizing the destructive weapons on the Gravcycles. Players will choose from several Crews, each equipped with a unique loadout and role in combat.
Gematsu

Last edited:
Private Division is coming up with quite a few interesting games.

• Campaign – Experience a full single-player campaign as Romer Shoal, an expert Gravcycle pilot. Command your crew of Outlaws on the ground by leveraging a variety of unique unit abilities and mastery of your own personal arsenal to dominate the battle.
  • Multiplayer – Featuring three exciting multiplayer modes, each with a variety of maps. These frantic team-based battles require smart coordination, utilizing ground units with individual abilities while simultaneously maximizing the destructive weapons on the Gravcycles. Players will choose from several Crews, each equipped with a unique loadout and role in combat.

It kind of sounds more like an RTS / FPS hybrid. Which certainly is NOT Destiny or Halo. Given what we've seen in the video you command your troops from the Gravcycle and rarely, if ever, get off of it. Which provides a unique twist on the RTS genre and makes it more controller friendly.

Last edited:

Stimpak

This looks like a lot of fun tbh. Even if it looks like Destiny. As far as design (looks) is concerned, a game looking like Destiny isn't a bad thing. Destiny's art is beautiful, now the gameplay, that's a different beast.

FeldMonster

I was hoping that this was more like Halo or Destiny, but the gameplay itself is more like a first person RTS. I will probably still check it out, but my enthusiasm is somewhat dampened.

Fbh

At first I thought it would be another sci fi coop shooter but once he went on to explain that there's a single player campaign where you are commanding a squad it got me interested.

The art direction is a bit too Destiny inspired for my taste but aside from that I think it looks great

RPS37

It really seemed like all the first person shots in the trailer were from a mech perspective...

D3SCHA1N

It really seemed like all the first person shots in the trailer were from a mech perspective...

Yeah, that's putting me off it as well. I don't like commanding AI squadmates to begin with, but it looks as though you're in that little hover bike the whole time as well based on that trailer, so basically any interest I may've had for this game is out the window...

So basically Antheny 2: robot commando? Could be fun.

I was expecting more though from someone who goes around being called "co-creator of Master Chief".

Zannegan

I was hoping for a Halo-like, saw a Destiny-like. Instant disappointment.

However, if it's more akin to the vision of Destiny Bungie originally teased, with huge open maps to explore and a variety of missions to dowith friends, I may still check it out. Given the size of the studio though, I'm not super hopeful.

Also, while it's hard to judge from such a short gameplay snippet, I was disappointed that the bike really did seem to hover/float rather than fly. Flight in games is so much more interesting when you can swoop and dive with momentum and speed changes. This just looks like a floating turret.

I did like the presentation and narrative style though. I'd watch that movie. I wonder if it's going to have the same underlying story concept as Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Last edited:

Paradicia

It looks like the result of a bunch of suits gathering around a very large table and discussing 'what do GAMERs want?'

Zannegan

Hold the damn phone, this is an FPS/RTS? I take back everything I said.

Okay, I'd still prefer it if there was another way of getting around than just hovering, but I can see the logic behind why everyone would have to be grav cyclist (Battlefield awareness).

Funny how even just a few minutes of gameplay makes the game look appealing, while a cinematic trailer with fast cuts to out of context gameplay has everyone thinking this is a Destiny/Anthem style mMOFPS. Companies either have to get better at communicating what their ganes actually are via the cinematic trailers, or maybe just... pocket that money for something else.

I am legit excited for this now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom