• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is making a movie starring the offspring of some of their iconic villains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briarios

I need to catch an airing of it. We made last Friday night a big event in the house for the premiere because my daughter was so hyped for it. I was out getting pizza and missed the first 40 minutes or so. I did like that "Chillin' like a Villian" song, or the chorus anyway; it was pretty catchy.
New Descendants means new Descendants merch though. My daughter already wants an Uma doll and we saw a ton of the new D-Signed line at Kohls that a few weeks back that she's waiting for a sale on.

We had a family night, too - my wife actually wanted to watch soccer, but was cajoled by the kidling -- everyone actually enjoyed it. Getting rid of the parents was a great idea.

I also thought Chillin' Like a Villain was the stand out song + choreography:

https://youtu.be/tSDcbucrWmw

oh my god, a talking dog

shark jumped

Normally, I would agree - but, the dog was great. Everyone's reaction to it was even better. Talking animals in fairy tales are pretty much a thing anyway.

Briarios

i need her to be Sabrina in Riverdale

got an hour and a half to go still, so i have high hopes for the dog now

Lol hopefully, you're not disappointed. When it first happened, i thought it was funny, but my heart sunk a little thinking they went full on cheese, but the reason for him was redeemed.

Bobby Moynihan does the voice, btw

EYEL1NER

I heard on an interview that they want this to go on for 10 movies and the cast has agreed to that.
That's great news to me. My daughter absolutely LOVES it, so more of it is a good thing. Especially because Liv and Maddie ended recently, and she really likes Dove Cameron, so this will be the only way to see her for a while.

Briarios

Cotillion, it was obvious what happened though

legit thought Ben would go beast mode

i'm pretty sure ship decks are supposed to have outlets to drain water

But, then you couldn't have a cool dance number! Until I realized it paralleled her mother's plan, I was annoyed with the drama, too. Then I got more about what we're trying to say about taking different paths, so I was ok with it.

Edit: I totally thought so, too, I even said, he's going into beast mode out loud lol

iosefe

i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoy these movies. always had a soft spot for a Kenny Ortega flick ever since High School Musical 1

I am sure someone has said this before, but after reading who the kids are, all I can think of is Jafars O-Face.
Edit: oh damn this stuff is old

Briarios

Lol I love the shit posting this thread engenders.

Anyway, I don't think they've decided what they're going to do yet. Considering the ancillary stuff - #1 album on iTunes for almost a week, book sales, toy sales, etc - they may be a little surprised by the level of success.

I'm sure someone is crunching numbers right now to decide what would make Disney the most money. All the actors say they want to keep doing it, so that wouldn't be a roadblock.

I am sure someone has said this before, but after reading who the kids are, all I can think of is Jafars O-Face.
Edit: oh damn this stuff is old

Lol the second movie came out last week and was crazy successful, so it's still current.

Belatedly hatewatched the sequel with a friend earlier this evening, and... Christ, I actually think it made the first one look good by comparison. At least the original had Kristin Chenoweth and Kathy Najimy hamming it up, and at least seemed to recognize on some level how ridiculous the premise of all these Disney characters existing together in the present day was.

The sequel, on the other hand, focuses almost exclusively on the teen characters and plays the premise more or less straight, which means it's pretty much just nonstop cringe if you're outside the intended target demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom