• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disparity between your most played games on Steam

• Thread starter Deleted member 77995
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So GAF what is your Steam playtime between your top 10 titles looking like?

MMRtGz3.png

This is how my gaming time on Steam has been dispersed despite my library count numbering 198. I don't regret my time spent, only that I continued to buy into digital sales. Decided to enforce some discipline by not buying any games for one year (MGSV was the last) and clear out some backlog. Who else here is in a similar situation?

-MD-

0DfKaFM.png

I didn't even like Divinity that much, pretty sure I let it idle for like 20 hours or something. And that CSS time is mostly from a friend, everything else is accurate though.

steaaaaaam_zpsjt4sjxys.png

I used to joke about how addicting Civ V was to my friends (I know, plenty of people have played it more than me) but then I got them into it and their hours eclipsed mine lol

Justinh

not sure how I have 80 hours in 3dmark. I'm not in it that much.

Even my dad's top played games makes me feel like a filthy casual. He's got like something like 600 hours in TF2.

C0KTDU4.jpg

I don't remember playing Wasteland 2 that much either. I must've been afk or something...

edit: Witcher 3 would be #2, but I have that game on Gog.

also edit: this is out of "435" games, but I think the number steam gives you is a little inflated.

Qassim

Top 5 on this account:

G0y5tru.png

On my pre 07 account, I'd have at least two more games (CS and CSS) in the thousand hour range.

Im pretty consistent at least..!

steam91oo8.jpg

To be honest a lot of the time I play games on Steam I'm also on my Xbox One or PS4 so they just get left for hours

Red Hood

Banned
I've only switched from console gaming to PC rather recently, I think summer 2014. Most of the time it has been replaying games I already played, but this time at 1080/60 and yadda yadda:

I don't play online much so none of my numbers are too crazy, nothing in the triple digits. MGS5 really dominated my life for a week or two very recently though...

ORDpKDM.jpg

impact

Banned
AOvuEbd.png

Now if Steam started tracking playtime in 2003/4 rather than 2009 this would be a different story :p I imagine I'd be at 7-8k hours in CS

Hikami

Mabinogi would be in the 4 digits but it wasn't on Steam at launch. Same with Warframe.
Never again will I waste so much time with free to play games..

6a8b8443e5.png

ZeroXZee

I'm playing mostly on consoles, and I have more than 1000 games on Steam, so I don't have any game that I''ve played for a HUGE time on PC.

IptpjDR.png

rMANNL5.png

Kinda surprised at how low the numbers are, but most of the games I play are either non-Steam or are games I bought on Steam after originally playing them elsewhere. I also have like 30+ games in the 20-30 hours range so there's that.

Kade

This is the main account I use now. I had an older account that only has GoldSrc games that had around 800 hours in CS 1.6 and around 3 in CS: Source.
mrksDxD.png

Out of 529 games. Outside of Steam, I also play on a bunch of other platforms (360/PS3/Vita/N3DSXL/others)

Futile Attempts at Justifications:
Team Fortress 2: was a Trade Server admin for a long while
Warframe: game with great controls that helps somewhat fill the PSO void in my chest
Loadout: several buddies of mine were into it before it went KIA
Watch_Dogs: best 7/10 game, sneaking on enemy groups never gets old (hence the MGS V time despite only having it less than a month)

0462fe3684.jpg

After I get MGS out of my system, I definitely want to start working on my backlog. I have so many games to begin with, so I'm forcing my Steam Sale budget to stay small this time around.

LMsE8y7.png

TF2 - Is TF2.
Dota 2 - Don't play it much, if at all, now. Prefer to watch it over playing.
CSGO - I like to muck around in TDMs now and then. Like Dota, I prefer to watch it.
FFXIV - Had an affair with it for a while, learned to tank. Eventually decided I didn't like it as much as I loved the hell out of FFXI. I do believe I quit soon after getting my Chocobo.
Day of Defeat Source - Used to play with a clan. I don't play it now because DoD is better.
Company of Heroes 2 + Company of Heroes = ♥

I don't play in long bursts anymore. I'll stick around in a server in TF2 for a few rounds and bail.

JJDubz

Can tell the type of games that I like.
Trouble with other fps games is they don't have as much of a friendly feel as TF2 does.
Civ IV, Brood War, Rome: Total War, and Baldur's Gate 2 would dwarf these games. Civ IV especially.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've put over 350 hours into Left 4 Dead 2 and then there's everything else.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
ZRgv3oy.png

At least a third of that TF2 playtime is from my sister, but the rest is accurate. My library sits at about 60 games. I generally don't buy things that I don't end up playing or saving for a special occasion.

c0Zm1c

UuZmy1N.jpg

It's not accurate though. It accounts for only a little over a quarter of my play time in Guild Wars, having played it long before it was on Steam, and I've easily put hundreds of hours into Left 4 Dead 1 but that was before Steam started recording play time.

Top Bottom