• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT Western box art characters revealed

ZeroX03

Banned
Terrible box art with a terrible art style. Lightning is the de facto female because she’s the only lead other than Terra I suppose, but her ‘popularity’ sure didn’t sell XIII-3. Tifa has VIIR coming, with that game she’ll Dolphin Blow the others away.

Warrior of Light isn’t selling copies either. Noctis would’ve been more timely. Squall and Tidus are still huge comparatively.

Everything about this game feels like it’s going to be a step back from Dissidia 012.

inner-G

Banned
Doesn't have nothing on the awesome reversible cover for the original Dissidia:

jdqwo.jpg

Dat composition

Arkeband

Banned
Warrior of Light is the weirdest character as he doesn’t actually look anything like any character in FF1 yet he’s used as marketing everywhere.

And the best version of him is 8-Bit Theater’s Sword-Chucks Fighter.

mao2

Original Cover art from Japan (artwork not final it seems like):

dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-525877.7.jpg
41SMzHKq1cL.jpg
411w1bWHtyL.jpg

That should be the final boxart. The original Dissidia Final Fantasy and its prequel on PSP also have a simplistic design with just the logo on white background.

Zutrax

Lightning feels more popular in Japan to me than America. Maybe I don't pay enough attention but I feel like Cloud, Squall, Tidus, and Noctis would be the most marketable of the Final Fantasy MC's at the moment. Also i realize Warrior of Light is the face of the franchise, but he probably has very little casual recognition.

Crap cover.

Noctis should be there given he's the latest in the franchise, so it's a sill omission from that point of view.

Plain logo cover was nicest, and the 012 withe reversible Heroes/Villains was nice. But this is just lazy and boring looking. And it has Lightning - she isn't relevant and hasn't been in forever, I swear.

The UCE cover above is so much nicer! But it's nearly £200. So expensive.

TheCed

Noctis is not on there because to properly represent FFXV, he'll get delayed and will be release as a Free DLC in a futur patch.

While this isn't supposed to be taken seriously, part of me still thinks that he won't be ready for launch.

Caim

Indeed, also reminds me to skip NT until my favorite character Golbez gets announced.

Him and Gabranth are the only villians from PSP that haven’t been shown yet.

Golbez will happen for sure since he was in the villain silhouettes they showed awhile back.

I'm conflicted. I like the fact that the face of Final Fantasy, Lightning, is on the cover.

But it just looks like they took an in game pic of the start of a battle and photoshopped it to hell.

Why can't something like a FF cover be more dynamic or colorful?

Garlador

Not enough Lightning. Replace Cloud and Warrior of Light with two more Lightnings. Then add another five for kicks.

I absolutely love Final Fantasy and I think that is a terrible cover. SE, surely you can do better? :|

Should have just put a giant Shantoto laughing on the cover.

Top Bottom