• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Distance = Wipeout + San Francisco Rush + Tron. ...and CliffyB (KICKSTART IT PLS)

Shaneus

I played Nitronic Rush for the first time just now for an hour. It's pretty fun. The freedom of movement is nice. I breezed through the story mode, I want to say it's too easy but I haven't played the hardcore levels or community levels. It reminds me of a dreamcast game I played once at a friends house. I forgot what it was called but what I played was like NRs stunt mode, can't remember if the cars had wings.
I'm guessing the game you're thinking of is San Francisco Rush 2049 (maybe?), the arcade developer of which was one of the guys making a statement in the KS video (the guy before Cliff B).

Or it could've been the DC release of pod, I think that was a thing.

Edit: So they're just shy of $100,000 now. I do hope they make it. As much as I thought the guy in the glasses was annoying in the video, that was only for the first few seconds before I realised that they're all really young guys and saw what they'd accomplished with Nitronic Rush.

the first game i thought of was DethKarz :D

dethkarz_2.jpg

it's prettymuch a Wipeout clone but just on wheels. Don't let the silly name prevent you from trying it out! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3zWhWvw6Q

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm guessing the game you're thinking of is San Francisco Rush 2049 (maybe?), the arcade developer of which was one of the guys making a statement in the KS video (the guy before Cliff B).

Or it could've been the DC release of pod, I think that was a thing

I think it was Rush 2049.

So it just passed $106,000. Now they just need less than $5000 a day for 4 days to meet their goal of $125,000, and pledges for today aren't even done yet. Seems doable. I should check out the kickstarter thread and see if there's any more interesting projects to follow. It's kinda fun.

epmode

You look meh at best.

Confirmed.

I'm glad that this is going to make it! Now Nintendo has to make a non-Nintendoland F-Zero. It's in our contract.

Next stop is that Quest For Glory successor! ..which may be awful. But the creators are so excited about it that I just want to see what they'll do!

KevinCow

Banned
About $2600 left, with 70 hours to go.

It would be a damn shame if it didn't make it at this point. I just bumped my pledge up to $25 for the soundtrack edition.

superbank

They'll make it. Even if that $10,000 donation was fake (probably not but someone was worried about it in this thread) they'll still make. The past 2 days went over $10,000 each. It's interesting if you look at the kicktraq, something happened on Sunday that boosted sales from then on.

superbank

Im gonna asume that this thread is the reason why this game is gonna reach its goal.
Nah, this thread is moving at snails pace and half the posters think the sense of speed isn't there. My guess is the $10,000 donation brought attention to the projects lack of support.

edit: Also on Monday they put out an update for Nitronic Rush that takes you to a Distance ad, so that probably helps.

epmode

Im gonna asume that this thread is the reason why this game is gonna reach its goal.

Obviously. CliffyB helped too.

This kickstarting shit is getting out of hand.

For serious. Publishers were already drowning us in futuristic racers but I guess these money-grubbing fools really wanted a piece of the pie. It's too bad that so many people are tricked by such a transparent ploy!

Atomski

If by out of hand you mean awesome... sure.

Anyways almost there, I just booted up the original game and am really looking forward to this now :).

rockpapershotgun.com posted about it which I am sure gave them a good boost.

Edit:

Its funded :)

vazel

Banned
I'm happy to see this game is going to meet its goal. Regretfully I had to retract my pledge because I just couldn't resist putting more money into Star Citizen.
You're just jealous PC gamers are getting a whole lotta good games now. Kickstarter is the best thing that has happened to PC gaming since Steam.

Shaneus

Happy. I was watching the progress of this this late afternoon, and it was only a few hundo short when I last saw it.

They're young guys, but look incredibly talented and enthusiastic. This makes me feel good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad they made it. Now the hard part will be waiting a whole year to play it. Maybe if the game gets Greenlighted they'll hand out Steam keys to every $15+ backer?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
RANDOM TRACK GENERATION AS A STRETCH GOAL

up your pledges people!! only 6 hours left.

epmode

Funded! This project successfully raised its funding goal 4 minutes ago.
$161,981
pledged of $125,000 goal

You saved futuristic racers, GAF. Good work.

Love the music and graphics but hate the car models... Why not have them more futuristic like wipeout? The aesthetics lend themselves to that.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ah damn, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. This is exactly the type of project I'd love to back.

Edit: Decided to back it via Paypal since I missed the Kickstarter. I have to say though, looking at it reminds me way more of PoD than Wipeout... and that only makes me even more interested.

...and reading the rest of the thread I see I'm not the only one nostalgic for PoD. Loved that f'ing game, my favorite racing game of all time. Such incredible tracks and atmosphere, even today.

Top Bottom