• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 at 650.000 copies on Steam in 18 days.

EGM1966

I'm realy enjoying it as a good old style game so congrats to devs for producing something this classic and clear in design intent. Good reviews and solid marketing seem to have made sure it's reaching its audience.

I'd like to see more games in more genres take this approach and budge themselves sensibly accordingly rather than trying to ape what seems to be the "in" formula and losing focus in the process.

Well, I've never been particularly affected in my enjoyment of games by what most would consider "jank", so I'm not the best judge of that.

I did write about the game quite a bit in the OT.

I'm going to have to another look at it. It didn't click for me before, but it's one of those games I still want to like.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
It makes the world feel very tactile, and it reminds me a lot of Breath of the Wild in terms of "Huh, I wonder if this will work... holy shit it did" factor.

This sums up DOS2 pretty well for me: so many "hot dang, that actually worked!!" moments.

My GOTY easy, BotW a close second.

Larian are now right up there with CDPR in my books.

Bubba77

I never got too into the original for whatever reason, but I am loving this game. Only 7 hours in so far but I can't wait to do more. Great voice acting and storytelling so far and it never fails to make me laugh here and there.

Top Bottom