• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

Wow, I guess I'm going to have to drag the turntable out of storage to try this new DLC. Hopefully we'll get some info about DJ Hero 2 soon. I prefer songs like Sandstorm for my mixes.

Nice to see that there is some support. I really think more people would be tempted to buy it if there was frequent DLC.
I want more songs ! Don't you want my money Activision ? (I know you like money :D )

This pack seems to be great. I'll insta buy it when at home.

Neuromancer said:
OK I'm sold

Next DJ Hero should come in two flavors- a rap/hip oriented version and a dance/trance version.

As someone who generally dislikes rap / hip hop, and loves dance / trance, I surprisingly found myself loving the former, and being bored with the latter.

dorkimoe

dont mean to bump this, but is there a real gaf dj thread somewhere in off topic? i cant find it?

edit: also finally @ sandstorm. Also it took me a minute to realize thats a girl ..oo sexy :lol

editx2: found the dj thread sorry

Tiduz

Eurogaime
DJ Hero2 better get more dlc support, i havent bought any dlc yet but am tempted to get all after those vids.

Omiee

is this easy to pick up cuz im thinking of getting it for 40 pounds on amazon.
i play guitar hero games so im used to the music genre but how does this work..?
is the medium doable like its on guitar hero or is it hard

Omiee said:
is this easy to pick up cuz im thinking of getting it for 40 pounds on amazon.
i play guitar hero games so im used to the music genre but how does this work..?
is the medium doable like its on guitar hero or is it hard
Overall I'd say it's a little easier than the average Rock Band/Guitar Hero game. I was able to get 5 stars on one of the songs on expert, which i could never do with those other games. As far as how it works, it's a little complicated to explain here but any review should cover it.

edbrat

picked this up before the weekend, echo the positive sentiments in this thread, its absolutely fantastic.

whisked through medium and am five starring most tracks v comfortably, wondering if i should just leap straight to expert or work through hard tier instead.

also for long term fence sitters like myself, PS3 version available to UK-ers for £40 from play.com for normal edition w/ turntable (was £35 before weekend!)

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9925559/DJ-Hero/Product.html

thundr51

Finally picked this up last weekend. Amazon had the renegade edition for 66.00 (free shipping). Can't wait to give this a try. I have a $25 GS giftcard that i'll probably use for more spacebucks. Any dlc I should pick up?

thundr51 said:
Finally picked this up last weekend. Amazon had the renegade edition for 66.00 (free shipping). Can't wait to give this a try. I have a $25 GS giftcard that i'll probably use for more spacebucks. Any dlc I should pick up?
The David Guetta pack is good as is the latest one (can't remember the name).

You can Youtube the videos before you buy.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
thundr51 said:
Get the latest one! It's so gooooood. I linked to them in this page. I don't know if the videos are still up...

Edit: they work. woohoo.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I got the x360 Renegade version today from Amazon @ $66. It's an amazing package for $100, I'm really impressed at the quality of the case. The two cds is a nice touch too if you're a fan of either artist.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
booting up the game now.

edit: Im dutch, but the message was in french for some retarded reason.

said something like: DJ Hero fans, go to the DJ Hero site on June 8th for SUPER news

scurrminator said:
The in game news ticker at the bottom has a small update :)
Stormwatch said:
It says to check out DJHero.com on June 8th for "Big News".
Thanks for looking it up Stormwatch.

scurrminator you get negative points for hyping an announcement of an announcement to GAF.

Tiduz you get the spirit award for trying and having to translate a foreign language.

kaskade

I just got DJ hero stickers in the mail. :lol I'm excited for 2 though. I really need to play some more of the original.

EYEL1NER

I can't wait to start seeing some information on number 2.
I got my copy in last week, $25 on Amazon, and am loving it. So far I am cleaning out Medium and finishing off my 5*'s and am about to step it up permanently to hard. Most of the songs I have played on Hard haven't given me any trouble. I have to say, my Guitar Hero/Rock Band skills didn't translate over as easily as I thought.

Also, fuck Monkey Wrench/Sabotage. That shit sounds horrible and was fucking hard as hell. I've seen many people online saying that it seems like for that song, everything got thrown out the window about timing and whatnot.

btkadams

EYEL1NER said:
I can't wait to start seeing some information on number 2.
I got my copy in last week, $25 on Amazon, and am loving it. So far I am cleaning out Medium and finishing off my 5*'s and am about to step it up permanently to hard. Most of the songs I have played on Hard haven't given me any trouble. I have to say, my Guitar Hero/Rock Band skills didn't translate over as easily as I thought.

Also, fuck Monkey Wrench/Sabotage. That shit sounds horrible and was fucking hard as hell. I've seen many people online saying that it seems like for that song, everything got thrown out the window about timing and whatnot.
the guitar songs are all awful.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I swear to fucking god, Foo Fighters have to be in every damn music game. That mix is the worst one in the game for me. It makes me happy seeing that song/mix universally hated.*

If you post you like it after this post, I'll hate you.

Rewrite said:
I swear to fucking god, Foo Fighters have to be in every damn music game. That mix is the worst one in the game for me. It makes me happy seeing that song/mix universally hated.*

If you post you like it after this post, I'll hate you.

The sabotage/monkey wrench one? Yeah it's easily one of the worst in the game, god awful.

thundr51

Wow, really impressed with this game and it's ST. I managed to unlock and play through all of the setlists with at least a 4-5 stars on medium....well except for groundhog, but i'm guessing 2 stars is probably considered good for a first run through :lol

Can't wait to see what the news is about tomorrow...as if we didn't already know...

Sai-kun

Banned
Rewrite said:
Yup, I was talking about that atrocious mix. Let's never speak of it again.

It's literally the worst.

Also I feel like playing this game again. I'll never 5 star that Groundhog song or whatever :( It's the only one left to five star on Hard!

edit: holy shit I just saw that they have a mix pack for DLC with Sandstorm in it. BUYING RIGHT NOW.

elektrixx

Banned
Top Bottom