• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

Sephzilla

Don't think so.

This would imply that the next DMC isn't in the works at all.

If they wait for remaster sales numbers to decide what route to follow then we won't see a new DMC till the end of this gen. That makes no sense at all.

Rebooting your franchise at the peak of its sales popularity didn't make sense at all either. Just saying, Capcom isn't exactly the smartest.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Why didn't they remaster something like Dragon's Dogma that there's actual demand for and would benefit greatly from being on better hardware?

sJ3UalF.jpg

sleepykyo

I'm trying to apply Capcom logic to this. And I know some executive at Capcom is thinking this is going to be the definitive vote to decide which version of Devil May Cry exists going forward.

The problem is DmC Remastered should outsell DMC4 in this case because DmC is actually getting some worthwhile upgrades (that make it more like DMC4) while DMC4 is pretty much left alone and is a much older game.

I think the logic is show how DmC wasn't a mistake and to set the stage for DmC2, and another wave of outsourcing. I've always suspected DmC wad too politically important to capcom to fail. I just didn't expect them to continue rewriting history into the following Gen.

Meneses

I enjoyed DmC but not enough to rebuy it.

If DMC 4 is actually confirmed, might get that one since I only played half of it on the PC a long time ago.

I mean, if you are really going to port DMC 4 to next gen, you might as well put 1 and 3 on there too. Having all the Devil May Cry games on one console would really be nice.

Not even close. Bayonetta is the queen of the genre. Dante is the king. Ryu Hayabusa is the champion. Donte is the jester of court. Kratos is the village fool people try to ignore.

As well, the Wonderful 101 is the kingdom's army, Raiden is Ryu's rival, and Korra is a duchess. I think that about sums things up.

NahaNago

i've got the perfect solution exclusivity for DmC 2 for the xbox one and DMC5 for the ps4 come on Sony and Microsoft moneyhat away gimme that DMC5.

Meh, if they give it away for free I perhaps consider download it but charging for it, no way even though they have "fix" a lot of the issues I have with DmC, the fact that they have to wait 2 years to make all this adjustments is just a testament of how bad the game was for DMC purist and fans of the original series. Still fool me once shame on me, fool me twice...

I will wait for DMC 4 on PS4, thank you for nothing Capcom.

Dahbomb

The DmC changes.....

This is one of the best definitive editions out there. The changes to the game make it far more in line with a DMC game.

Those changes are EXACTLY what I fucking want in a DMC5!!!

God Must Die mode!

Turbo mode!

Manual lock on mode!

MUST STYLE MODE!!!!!

GUARDIAN WHERE YOU AT SON!!!!!!!!

hzl0tyf3bjbl.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The era of definitive editions and remasters of the games that were just released a few years ago...

Has every developer lost the ability to come up with something new?
Take into account that Capcom is making SF5 and Deep Down while NT is also developing Hellblade.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ah thanks. Strange way to announce it considering DMC4 was much more popular than DmC

Well, this actually seems like a really high effort rework on DmC while DMC4 might be a digital only direct port.

Given this is headed to retail they probably want to focus on it more.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
These remasters and reissues are way too expensive. Last gen we would get 2-3 games at $40 MSRP.

Sephzilla

The DmC changes.....

This is one of the best definitive editions out there. The changes to the game make it far more in line with a DMC game.

Those changes are EXACTLY what I fucking want in a DMC5!!!

God Must Die mode!

Turbo mode!

Manual lock on mode!

MUST STYLE MODE!!!!!

GUARDIAN WHERE YOU AT SON!!!!!!!!

Most of those changes end up making it more like DMC4 - so I think my logic is I might as well buy the original instead of the imitator.

Keasar

I didn't notice the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition announcement until now, should have its own thread.

I already own it for XBOX 360 and PC, would definitely buy it again for PC or the PS4 when I get one.

Obligatory DMC4 gif

Right+back+at+ya+b+tch+game+devil+may+cry+4+can_a942db_4381297.gif

Realized that they didn't announce a taunt button with DmC:DMC:DE. Lame.

DeathBruzer

Neo Member
Lent a friend of mine DMC4 back in 2008, we went off to college and I have not seen him since that day. Finally will be able to get back to it!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
DmC runs on a toaster, and DMC4 runs on toaster that's unplugged from the wall socket.

Its no wonder both of these games will be 1080p 60fps. But i will buy them. DmC should play decently at the framerate it was originally intended, and i can't pass up a chance to play DMC4 again...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Don't think so.

This would imply that the next DMC isn't in the works at all.

If they wait for remaster sales numbers to decide what route to follow then we won't see a new DMC till the end of this gen. That makes no sense at all.

Friend, this is all for show. DmC2 is what we're getting going forward.

Dahbomb

Most of those changes end up making it more like DMC4 - so I think my logic is I might as well buy the original instead of the imitator.
This pretty much tells me that Capcom has been listening to fans even on this forum.

That is the news we should be taking away from it. This bodes well for the future of DMC.

Will be getting both fucking day 1.

Heartfyre

I can't believe that a rerelease of DMC4 only gets one sentence in the press release.

The rest of it is essentially irrelevant compared to that.

BadWolf

Rebooting your franchise at the peak of its sales popularity didn't make sense at all either. Just saying, Capcom isn't exactly the smartest.

Itsuno and his team were working on Dragon's Dogma, so they couldn't have worked on another DMC at the time anyway.

V_Arnold

I cant believe I am reading stuff like this. They have completely different combat. DmC is more CC-heavy. They have completely different level design. They have different visual design as well. (Both favoring DmC in the proces). These changes do not move DmC an inch towards DMC4. They move it towards a better DmC , that is it.

Top Bottom