• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Haunted

CkbjNgo.png

After the Kamiya vs. Kotaku fiasco this is the second time this month where all I can say is "stop embarrassing me, PC gamers".
As much as I like Steam, their community/discussion forums are just as bad as any other.

I know that "disappointing boss battles" is a recurring criticism of the game here, but I just beat the Bob Barbas boss battle (ooh alliteration!) and I loved every moment of it. Those colours leapt off my screen and almost blinded me.

Answered my own question:

"Pre-Purchase Now and receive the Costume additional content Pack Free!"

Sweet. And it would appear the game has probably been freely distributed most likely.

zychi

Banned
played the intro on xbox. thinking about getting this on steam or possibly ps3. anyone have a suggestion for which to get?

also i laughed pretty good after the haunted house scene...
the white wig was pretty funny

ezekial45

Banned
played the intro on xbox. thinking about getting this on steam or possibly ps3. anyone have a suggestion for which to get?

also i laughed pretty good after the haunted house scene...
the white wig was pretty funny

If you can play it on PC, then do that.

I believe this is still working too. Here's a discount from Green Man Gaming.
GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

After purchasing it from there, you can use the key to redeem on steam

Am I the only one having issues dodging the attacks from the big demon with the saw-hands? I just can't find the rhythm between attacking their core and dodging it's swipes. I often will just spend DT to get rid of them. It wasn't much of a problem before, but on DMD they take phat chunks of health when they pop you. I am a sad nephilim. :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you can play it on PC, then do that.

I believe this is still working too. Here's a discount from Green Man Gaming.
GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

After purchasing it from there, you can use the key to redeem on steam

When does the key go out? I haven't gotten my key yet.

Nemesis_

You don't even get DT that often. It's best to just save it for bosses to kill them faster or whatever.

I only ever used it against coloured enemies, because it seems to strip their polarity and allow you to unload on them with whatever. Especially the Ghost and Blood Rages. (More so the Ghost ones)

DMD mode fucking rocks. I'm using pretty much my entire arsenal for most fights, and it feels amazing.

It's still too easy, by the time I got there my Dante was fully upgraded. I agree that you begin to dip into your entire arsenal, but I'm very disappointed about how little of a challenge it offered though. Like Carbo mentioned earlier, I was still consistently getting SS and above for DMD :/ And their "Devil Trigger" states are easily overcome with a fully charge Overdrive or Trinity Smash.

ezekial45

Banned
When does the key go out? I haven't gotten my key yet.

Not sure, I haven't pre-ordered the PC version.

Am I the only one having issues dodging the attacks from the big demon with the saw-hands? I just can't find the rhythm between attacking their core and dodging it's swipes. I often will just spend DT to get rid of them. It wasn't much of a problem before, but on DMD they take phat chunks of health when they pop you. I am a sad nephilim. :(

I found it much better to jump away from them rather than dodging because that combo with follows your movements. Dodging once will leave you open for following hit or projectiles.

Nemesis_

I dodge to trigger the Demon Dodge bonus and then just use a charged overdrive on him. If he does that chain of attacks then you should really just jump out of the way. Once he begins he won't change his direction he's throwing those blades in.

Or you could be very brave (as I started getting towards the end of DMD and throughout my Hell and Hell playthrough) and parry the projectiles he sends back at him.

If you're not comfortable with Demon Dodge, then just use Flush(?) [Stinger motion but with Arbiter] or Overdrive from a distance.

Mike M

Nick N
I will get in there and demon dodge until I get the bonus, then smack him with Rebellion for two hits and switch to Arbiter for the final hit of Trinity Smash. That way if he attempts a combo, I can at least dodge again with the Rebellion hits.

Flush also works from long distances.

Sora_N

I tried to find this everywhere but couldn't, does it matter what difficulty I play as? I just noticed the trophy says "Complete Human, Devil Hunter or Nephilim", if so I will probably just change to Devil Hunter (even though Neph is not hard).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I tried to find this everywhere but couldn't, does it matter what difficulty I play as? I just noticed the trophy says "Complete Human, Devil Hunter or Nephilim", if so I will probably just change to Devil Hunter (even though Neph is not hard).

You unlock SoS no matter what, so it doesn't matter.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's $20, plus the new game just came out.

Games that just came out actually generally top the selling charts for the first few weeks. It usually drops down from there until a serious sale of some kind. DMC HD Collection has also been out for a fvery long time. It's made a huge jump in the past week. Even with front loaded sales and all.

This is just more money in Capcom's pocket. This boycott makes no sense.

Capcom scrutizes sales data with a looking glass. It knows where sales are coming from. Sales for the DMC HD Collection won't equal sales for DmC. And you know that Capcom will be looking very closely at sales for DmC.

Dahbomb

4chan is angry about DmC release and is purposely buying extra copies of the HD collection.
Well it's not just 4ch, it's Gamefaqs and IGN as well. I know there were users serious on boycotting the game and buying DMC collection even if they already had one as a way to pay with their wallet.

At least they are doing something constructive over those who just complain all day.

This is just more money in Capcom's pocket. This boycott makes no sense.
It actually does, it shows support for the old DMC versions over the new one. It's the very definition of voting with the wallet.

Teknoman

4chan is angry about DmC release and is purposely buying extra copies of the HD collection. AKA Operation CUHRAYZEE.

Seriously?

Well it's not just 4ch, it's Gamefaqs and IGN as well. I know there were users serious on boycotting the game and buying DMC collection even if they already had one as a way to pay with their wallet.

At least they are doing something constructive over those who just complain all day.

It actually does, it shows support for the old DMC versions over the new one. It's the very definition of voting with the wallet.

Hmm, if it works, more power to em. I wonder if Capcom could alternate classic Dante and new Dante game releases, or would that make financial sense?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Precisely. You can call a boycott juvenile all you want, but the only thing Capcom responds to is money. That much should be clear to everyone.

BadAss2961

Wow, props to 4chan and crew. I might have to pick up the HD collection myself.

How epic would it be to have the HD collection outsell DmC in January NPD?

Dahbomb

I never really expected this boycott to be that serious honestly.

Also while I am sure there are many fans buying DMC HD over DmC there is still a sizeable portion of people who are buying it to get into the DMC series before playing DmC (or after playing it to get some more DMC games). So it's hard to tell exactly what is causing the spike.

Either way I am happy as there is genuine interest in the OG DMC series.

Teknoman

Wow, props to 4chan and crew. I might have to pick up the HD collection myself.

How epic would it be to have the HD collection outsell DmC in January NPD?

Honestly its a pretty good HD collection. Not too much extra stuff aside from the art vault, but the games look amazingly sharp. No odd glitches or missing effects either (that i'm aware of).

ezekial45

Banned
Capcom scrutizes sales data with a looking glass. It knows where sales are coming from. Sales for the DMC HD Collection won't equal sales for DmC. And you know that Capcom will be looking very closely at sales for DmC.

Of course they'll analyze the sales. That's what they do.

I get that, but the thing is they already know what you guys want. All these gestures, while admirable, just shows that you are still gravely attached to this. But it also goes back to the vitriol over these past couple years. Capcom being greedy, blood suckers who don't care about the fans, but yet their grand idea is to send them more money.

I just find the irony to be palpable.

http://i.imgur.com/NZtpi3tl.jpg

This is the general idea behind it.[/QUOTE]

Did you even play this game yet?

Goon Boon

Banned
Of course they will.

I get that, but the thing is they already know what you guys want. All these gestures, while admirable, just shows that . But it also goes back to the vitriol over these past couple years. Capcom being greedy, blood suckers who don't care about the fans, but yet their grand idea is to spend them more money.

I just find irony palpable.

Did you even play this game yet?

I'm waiting for a steam sale, this isn't a practice I'm doing for just DmC, I do it for all games, unless it has a limited edition I really want and believe won't go $20 clearance like most.

I wonder if Capcom could alternate classic Dante and new Dante game releases, or would that make financial sense?

Well they sorta kinda but not entirely did it with the Classic and X Mega Man series for a while in the 90s so anything's possible. Wouldn't expect it though, personally.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I never really expected this boycott to be that serious honestly.

Also while I am sure there are many fans buying DMC HD over DmC there is still a sizeable portion of people who are buying it to get into the DMC series before playing DmC (or after playing it to get some more DMC games). So it's hard to tell exactly what is causing the spike.

Either way I am happy as there is genuine interest in the OG DMC series.

Oh, DmC has definitely influenced the sales of the HD Collection. I'm sure people who enjoyed DmC have seen that the HD Collection is affordable and have picked it up. Again, like you, I'm just happy that people are showing interest in the original series.

Mechazawa

I get the impression that Capcom has Itsuno tied to refining Dragon's Dogma to make sure that gigantic investment doesn't go down the toilet and would otherwise make a DMC5 in the near future impossible.

Dahbomb

I get that, but the thing is they already know what you guys want. All these gestures, while admirable, just shows that you are still gravely attached to this. But it also goes back to the vitriol over these past couple years. Capcom being greedy, blood suckers who don't care about the fans, but yet their grand idea is to spend them more money.

I just find irony palpable.
I don't find it ironic at all. Capcom seems extremely business minded these days especially the higher ups and yes they do look at sales data over actual fan feeeback as reflected by their game release policies. Only real way for fans to effectively communicate with Capcom is through their wallets... it's sad but true. DMC community being active like this ensures that it won't die out anytime soon unlike the MM games which despite having an extremely vocal fanbase don't really move units on their games much.

ezekial45

Banned
I don't find it ironic at all. Capcom seems extremely business minded these days especially the higher ups and yes they do look at sales data over actual fan feeeback as reflected by their game release policies. Only real way for fans to effectively communicate with Capcom is through their wallets... it's sad but true. DMC community being active like this ensures that it won't die out anytime soon unlike the MM games which despite having an extremely vocal fanbase don't really move units on their games much.

This series won't end up like MM. DMC is still fairly nichey, but nowhere near how MM was.

But look, if you believe this is a positive form of action for people who are unhappy with this new game, then that's perfectly fine.

Top Bottom