• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMX Accused of Robbery in Newark, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This doesn't make that much sense. Why would anyone have $3,200 on them, let alone a 21 year old? Perhaps if they forced him to go to an ATM at gunpoint and take it out, but what...?

Though, I doubt he'd go to police if he was doing something shady, right?

Some people walk around with huge wads of cash. And they aren't all drug dealers or criminals. Working retail where we had a lot of tourists coming from New York City and such, saw that pretty often. Always thought it was dumb, but hey.... their money.

I would wonder though if they were just really that well off or if they walked around with their entire net worth in their pocket... idk.

TxdoHawk

This doesn't make that much sense. Why would anyone have $3,200 on them, let alone a 21 year old?

People have suggested he might've been carrying a load of drug money. I don't think anyone's dumb enough to snitch on themselves like that, but...Newark isn't exactly the epicentre of educated thought.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Even if this story isn't true, doesn't take away from the fact that DMX fucking fell off so hard. At least some fallen off rappers can maintain their dignity and money, but he blew that all away.

Look at his performances at Woodstock 99, performing in front of a crowd so big it looks the whole country came out to see him. Now people question whether he is still even alive

So sad.

Even if this story isn't true, doesn't take away from the fact that DMX fucking fell off so hard. At least some fallen off rappers can maintain their dignity and money, but he blew that all away.

Look at his performances at Woodstock 99, performing in front of a crowd so big it looks the whole country came out to see him. Now people question whether he is still even alive

So sad.

feels sad man

He's lost his mind in recent years. Running around naked in a hotel, then falling asleep in a police car.

What's next for this guy?

This is so sad. I have an irrational love for DMX, but he has been slipping so hard since the early 2000s. There is nobody who made energetic hiphop like him. I loved his style. DMX is a lot fun, so hearing this, is really heartbreaking.

He is a much more interesting rapper than say Jay-Z who is boring plane and the equivalent of Coldplay of rap. Why couldn't DMX stay afloat?

There are tons of great DMX remixes. I am rocking this on my running playlist lately;

DMX Vs Pokemon - Ash Gonna give it to ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkx8Mw6uMdM

Dude tried to buy 3K of coke.

DMX aint got money for coke to sell.

But now he does.

Dude should call DMX back and see if he has coke to sell now.

I remember his wife saying in an interview that at one point in his career they had about 40 million dollars. The sad thing is that many of his colleagues, like Swiss Beats, wanna help him get back on track. The problem is that he doesn't think he has a problem and continues to live his life in such a destructive manner.

It brakes my heart that every time I hear news about DMX it's always something like this.

YoungHav

Banned
Nas is the worst actor I've seen on film. Lol @ his cameo on In Too Deep. Him and Nature did their thing on the soundtrack.

DMX used to live in my town and one day he was by the train station high as a fucking kite. We talked so much shit to his face, but he looked like he could barely function.

LifEndz

DMX is not a dude you just approach on the casual to yuck it up. The guy is effing insane. After I heard about him pretending to be a cop and pulling people over, I knew homie was out of his mind and not to be approached. Still....3,200 is a lot of cash to have on you. That's way more than any ATM will give you at a time. X is a nut job, but I'm not buying this.

NZOO

Banned
DMX used to live in my town and one day he was by the train station high as a fucking kite. We talked so much shit to his face, but he looked like he could barely function.

I seen this guy in north jersey at a gas station, limping around. I find this story to be true lol.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
This doesn't make that much sense. Why would anyone have $3,200 on them, let alone a 21 year old? Perhaps if they forced him to go to an ATM at gunpoint and take it out, but what...?

Though, I doubt he'd go to police if he was doing something shady, right?

Drugs and or Gang money.

Saganator

Must feel good to kick a dude while he's down. I hope this isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I use to like DMX's music so much, for a while it seemed like the dude was on top of the hip hop world. Now when I hear his song, Slippin, I just wish he'd listen to is own song and get his shit together.

YoungHav

Banned
And he is the undisputed grand champ of rapper when it comes to getting arrested.
For all the trouble he's been in he hasn't done a substantial amount of jail. I've wondered whether or not he's an informant because of this. Getting someone addicted to crack to flip would be easy.

FourMyle

Bad contracts with his labels, last albums bombed, he's an addict, his criminal record keeps growing and he can't even get into a studio at this point to record new stuff.

10 years ago he could have bumped almost any act for a club gig, now?

Dude can't even headline a county fair.

It looks like at least 4 of his albums were multi-million sellers. Even if his contracts were shitty I'd be willing to bet the dude just fucking blew all those millions on bullshit.

Damn you and your friends sound like hyenas.

LifEndz

We going to Africa.

Was just going to post that. That line and the way he delivered it has been a source of laughter amongst my friends for years now. "I know I just got shot, but fuck that, we going to Afffff-fricka." So bad.

Christopher

Why is it unheard of this young man was carrying that much cash? Perhaps he was buying an apartment or maybe purchasing a vehicle? I know many people who can't get bank accounts because of certain circumstances.

I hope it wasn't DMX as I'd like to think that he'd know better then to be a public figure doing these things.

How does he have no money?

LifEndz

It looks like at least 4 of his albums were multi-million sellers. Even if his contracts were shitty I'd be willing to bet the dude just fucking blew all those millions on bullshit.

I think he got divorced at the height of his fame. Factor in kids, alimony, splitting the assets, an extravagant lifestyle, a drug habit, along with multiple run ins with the law and the legal fees associated therewith and I can see where the money went.

Damn shame. He was the best guest appearance guy in the late 90's. I'd listen to songs by rappers I normally didn't just to hear X's verse.

Come on with the bullshit, man. You think another motherfucker know what you need to do? Ain't no purpose, dawg. It's money. We born to fucking die, man. In the meantime, get money. Fuck a book, man.

LifEndz

Why is it unheard of this young man was carrying that much cash? Perhaps he was buying an apartment or maybe purchasing a vehicle? I know many people who can't get bank accounts because of certain circumstances.

I hope it wasn't DMX as I'd like to think that he'd know better then to be a public figure doing these things.

How does he have no money?

It's not unheard of, just unusual. Buying an apartment at 12:30 a.m.? Not very likely. Usually the guys carrying that much cash at that time of night in that part of Jersey are rather unsavory people. But there are plenty of plausible explanations. Just playing the percentages.

Skeyser

His entourage must be fucking retarded if they thought robbing someone after DMX showed his face to them and even introduced himself was a good idea. They're making it pretty easy for the cops, assuming it's true.

PillarEN

Was just going to post that. That line and the way he delivered it has been a source of laughter amongst my friends for years now. "I know I just got shot, but fuck that, we going to Afffff-fricka." So bad.

Don't understand reference and google ain't giving me nothing. Enlighten me with a link or explanation please.

AJLma

DMX and crew roll around in not 1 but 4 black Cadillac Escalades while they rob completely unsuspecting people at gunpoint.

I think we're missing a fair bit of information here.

LifEndz

Don't understand reference and google ain't giving me nothing. Enlighten me with a link or explanation please.

If memory serves I think the scene took place in Nas' house shortly after Tboz came home to find Method Man and his crew in there waiting for her. Nas comes home after being shot and T is really upset about coming home to find Meth and 'em in her house. I think thats the first time Nas drops the line about going to Africa. Haven't seen Belly in a few years so I may be off a bit, but I'll never forget that line in that scene. He says it again later, but it's the "I know I just got shot but fuck it, lets go to Affff-fricka" that made that scene for me.

PillarEN

If memory serves I think the scene took place in Nas' house shortly after Tboz came home to find Method Man and his crew in there waiting for her. Nas comes home after being shot and T is really upset about coming home to find Meth and 'em in her house. I think thats the first time Nas drops the line about going to Africa. Haven't seen Belly in a few years so I may be off a bit, but I'll never forget that line in that scene. He says it again later, but it's the "I know I just got shot but fuck it, lets go to Affff-fricka" that made that scene for me.

So it's in the In Too Deep movie?

I've been living in a shitty part of Newark all of my life and I can say that, if this guy's story is true, he's not from here and he was gonna use that money to buy drugs. Unless he was by the highway and just passing by but I doubt it.

I never leave my house with more than $20 cash. $3,200? Get real

Buzzati

Banned
Knowing you're never going to be on top again and experience the same rush from the fame and the money will kill your motivation for anything. Knowing you can get that rush from ingesting a substance within minutes? Even worse. Being chemically addicted to that substance? No chance. Guy needs outside help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom