• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMX Accused of Robbery in Newark, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus.

Even if this story isn't true, doesn't take away from the fact that DMX fucking fell off so hard. At least some fallen off rappers can maintain their dignity and money, but he blew that all away.

Look at his performances at Woodstock 99, performing in front of a crowd so big it looks the whole country came out to see him. Now people question whether he is still even alive

So sad.

Just have to appreciate the good shit he made before his career died.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Funk Master Flex said it best, this guys story would make an interesting movie if portrayed right

Him and ODB!

Didn't he kind of drop off fast? I remember Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood being a good record but afterwards maybe just a single or two.

He was hot for a full 3 years easy! Then kinda slowly fell off the next 2-3 years.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
His attorney has spoken.

"He doesn't have a gun. There's video tape on the scene. I imagine the police have it. I don't get it," he said.

Richman said he had spoken with DMX, also known as Earl Simmons, who told him he and a group of associates that included two former New York City police officers stopped at the gas station following a headlining spot at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center Saturday night.

It was there that he met the two alleged victims, who recognized him and asked to pose for pictures, he added. The men eventually offered the rapper drugs, according to Richman, which he refused due to his past struggles with addiction.

"He had a problem in the past. These guys thought they were being cool with him," he said, adding that DMX told him he left the scene promptly after refusing the offer.

I'm thinking he didn't do it.

Lulubop

Didn't he kind of drop off fast? I remember Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood being a good record but afterwards maybe just a single or two.

Not really, but when he did fall he dropped fast and far. He was bigger than Jigga but not as good a businessman, though he's a better crack smoker.

Marvel

could never
Buff Bagwell always sucked and is currently a broke sex worker.

Fight me.

afYntzm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom