• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Do we have the right to buy a Toyota at a Ford dealer?" Epic’s Tim Sweeney Defends Epic Games Store Exclusives Politic

It's overreacting because you can't just not like it. You need to say it's shit.

'Scuse me, but have you looked at the title of this topic? This is about Epic's business practices and exclusive deals, whodathunk that people are voicing their opinions in here...

Hold up there bud, you're not saying that videogames of all things should be held up to the same standards as any other consumer products? They're just videogames !!! And you're on a videogame forum of all things.

Nah man, I was just kidding... of course we need to blindly and sheepishly buy ALL THE VIDEOGAMES, as the little consumerist wh*res that we are.

Fuz

Banned
You're not getting it. steam is taking away my consumer choice by forcing me on their cretinous store, giving me no other choice but to support their shitty business practices if I want to play a game I like. That's not something I wish to support as a PC gamer and I certainly don't like them taking away my freedom of choice.

Exclusivity is not and will never be in the interest of the consumer. If steam wants to win me over, they should do so by offering a quality service, not by forcing me through exclusivity.
Hi. Double standards much?

Kadayi

Banned
Nah man, I was just kidding... of course we need to blindly and sheepishly buy ALL THE VIDEOGAMES, as the little consumerist wh*res that we are.

Just stop resisting

uVVrCMZ.gif

Hi. Double standards much?

Power User says what?

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
'Scuse me, but have you looked at the title of this topic? This is about Epic's business practices and exclusive deals, whodathunk that people are voicing their opinions in here...

Yeah, I saw. And thought I'd come in explain that it's OK. That it'll be alright. No one is coming for you...

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, I saw. And thought I'd come in explain that it's OK. That it'll be alright. No one is coming for you...

When does the explanation start? And why would they be coming for anyone? But more importantly, how is the EGS not shit compared to Steam in terms of features? Beyond the exclusives what positives does it offer me as a client? List them.? Let's see again how it looks so far: -

SynNfar.jpg

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
How awkward is that? I buy a Coke at the Coke dealer but I have to go down the street to buy Chips or across town for a Mars bar...

Kadayi

Banned
How awkward is that? I buy a Coke at the Coke dealer but I have to go down the street to buy Chips or across town for a Mars bar...

Quit resisting Bryank. Be grateful for what Tim Sweeney is bringing you.

uVVrCMZ.gif

Last edited:

demigod

Maybe you don't need to brag about the games you play, but you sure like bragging about those good ol' principles of your. In a videogame forum.

Unlike you, some of us do have principles. You won’t see me installing EGS, and you certainly won’t see me buying anything from Fortnite(I don’t play it).

Can’t believe 2 people from Brazil is defending this, aren’t y’all being screwed with the EGS pricing?

Top Bottom