• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever have amazing songs in your dreams?

justAjohn

Neo Member
Apr 27, 2020
I heard two songs in two different dreams. I can´t recount them, but the probably unbeatable quality of good feeling I had as I listened to them was not tarnished by the sadness they left behind as I realised I won´t hear them again.

This was, I think, what made me start on the "just enjoy the ride" approach to the life.

Reactions: J-Roderton

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Yeah I remember listening to the absolute best song in my dreams at least a few times.
The experience was always amazing but I don't remember a note from those songs. I kinda remember the feeling though.

synchronicity

Dec 16, 2011
Often not long before I wake up, while still in deep sleep I will hear the most indescribably beautiful otherworldly music. There is a part of my awareness that wants to remember - to hold on, but it's so beautiful that I lose the desire to focus on anything other than the music.

I don't know if any others share this experience. I've asked a few people, but mostly just get a "you're weird" look. :p

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Kinda I guess. Sometimes I wake up, and have good lyrics in my head. I have a note pad somewhere with lyrics from most of the times that's happened.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
Nope, I rarely remember my dreams and can’t even tell you the last time I remembered, it’s been at least 4-5 years.
maybe the brain damage finally caught up

Dark Star

Jan 14, 2018
Quite often!

I'm a hobby musician, I produce/create music (playing guitar, drums, piano, making beats using DAW's - trap, bass, edm, etc). I'm always listening to music, too, so it makes sense that it would seep into my dreams. I've "written" music in my dreams, and it's always like "THE BEST SONG EVER" super catchy riffs and lyrics. And then I wake and very quickly forget the jingle haha.

I imagine this phenomenon also happens to mathematicians and physicists who are completely absorbed in their work, they somewhat "discover" or "see" new models and unique ideas in their dreams, but it clearly takes a very special dream for them to actually realize and remember it after waking up.

Last edited:
Reactions: synchronicity

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
It's a cheap multi effects pedal that goes for like 30 bucks online if you have any doubts about it's quality.
Well the Line 6 supports pedals. But it's solid state, so it already has a bunch of built in effects. Even a built in tuner. It's a very nice practice all and they're pretty cheap. Still prefer the tube amps though for a louder setting.

kingbean

Jun 27, 2016
Well the Line 6 supports pedals. But it's solid state, so it already has a bunch of built in effects. Even a built in tuner. It's a very nice practice all and they're pretty cheap. Still prefer the tube amps though for a louder setting.
I wish I could afford a tube amp. Currently I've only got solid state practice amps. I'm thinking I might get a Tiny Terror or something from orange and maybe a simple 1x12 to start if I need something louder.

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
I wish I could afford a tube amp. Currently I've only got solid state practice amps. I'm thinking I might get a Tiny Terror or something from orange and maybe a simple 1x12 to start if I need something louder.
I tried one of the Line 6 hybrid amps. Very nice tone. That was when they were first introduced. Cheaper than a traditional tube amp and has all the benefits of a solid state. Not sure if they ever caught on.

kingbean

Jun 27, 2016
I tried one of the Line 6 hybrid amps. Very nice tone. That was when they were first introduced. Cheaper than a traditional tube amp and has all the benefits of a solid state. Not sure if they ever caught on.
I actually had a Line 6 modeling amp back in 2005 and it was pretty decent, but I traded it for an Ibanez 2x12.

Mar 20, 2013
Quite often!

I'm a hobby musician, I produce/create music (playing guitar, drums, piano, making beats using DAW's - trap, bass, edm, etc). I'm always listening to music, too, so it makes sense that it would seep into my dreams. I've "written" music in my dreams, and it's always like "THE BEST SONG EVER" super catchy riffs and lyrics. And then I wake and very quickly forget the jingle haha.

I imagine this phenomenon also happens to mathematicians and physicists who are completely absorbed in their work, they somewhat "discover" or "see" new models and unique ideas in their dreams, but it clearly takes a very special dream for them to actually realize and remember it after waking up.
I know this feeling all too well. Everytime I'm confident I'll remember it when I wake up that when I realise what's happening in my sleep, I tell myself "I've got this, I'll record that when I wake up." then when I do wake up, It's literally like someone wiped my memory with that device Tommy Lee Jones uses in Men in Black.

I've heard some artists are disciplined enough to wake themselves up to write ideas down.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Dark Star