• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do You Give Money to Panhandlers? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

?oe?oe

I saw one of them set up. He placed coins in his hat to look as if people already gave him some coins. Nice try buddy.

KrisB

Never. The ones I pass every day waste it on cigarettes or alcohol. That and I never have cash on me.

I donate to charities instead.

chiimisu

Never. Panhandling is highly criminalized, deceptive and dirty business where I live. Once I saw two beggars getting into expensive car with bags of food from expensive supermarket. I don't want to give my money to support all of that. I'm not in position financially to do charity, either. If I were, I would rather donate to some reilable charity funds.

Moronwind

Banned
Nope, I figure part of the reason why Sweden has been flooded with beggars camping out at every street corner is because the Swedes are too generous, so for me it's an active choice not to give out any money. It's pretty cynical but unless the government actually decides to ban panhandling like they've discussed (an idea I'm not entirely comfortable with), I don't really see what else you can do.

Moff

no, the only beggars around here are gangs from eastern europe who hold their beggars like slaves. it's not good for anyone to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom