• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like girls with abs?

Need very low fat percentage for visible abs. I like my girls thicc. 20% BF+ In gym the epic hotties are those that get muscle but maintain female body fat percentages. They look glorious. Curves for miles.

Last edited:

janicetr

Neo Member
Abs, boobs and freckles... oh, yeah, baby!

Michelle-Lewin.20-683x1024.jpg

Xyphie

The correct answer for optimal amount of body fat is the same as a woman's age. 18-20 is the peak. Less than 18 is creepy. More than 20 is increasingly downhill.

Like dam guys this thread isn’t about “girls are only sexy with abs” it just a thread to say we DO find it attractive. It’s just an added bonus not a nessecity.

Pimpbaa

Yes I do like a hint of abs, and fit girls usually have fantastic butts too. I really don't like skinny with no muscle. Particularly skinny upper legs, that usually means non existent ass. I'll stop now because I'm getting into "sharp knees" territory.

Geki-D

Banned
The higher the muscle mass the lower you can go on fat percentage.
Do you actually have a source for this? Like, a medical one?

Men & women stock fat differently, women tend to store their fat in their hips, buttocks, thighs, and lower abdomen which is more visible (men store fat around their internal organs mostly) meaning that to have visible abs they have to lower their fat percentage even lower than men which tends to be less than is healthy.

Of course women can have visible abs without being unhealthy, like you say plenty of athletes do but when you actually look it up they tend to be visible but not that much, like they don't have crazy 6 or 8 packs sticking out most of the time. Googling "women athletes" shows this pretty clearly (unless it's some action shot, obviously flexing your muscles is going to make them more visible. Case in point; those pics you showed).

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Do you actually have a source for this?
Not at hand right now, but it should be pretty obvious: Increase the muscle mass, then you increase your overall mass and thus the same amount of fat is a lower percentage of your overall mass. Female fitness enthusiast are often in the upper half of BMI normal weight with comparable fat mass to slim women who do (next to) no sports and are just below normal weight. Also, in absolute numbers, it is not true that women have to go lower on the body fat percentage for visible abs, with one reason being that males tend to store fat on the abdomen more, where females have other areas (which you have mentioned) where body fat gets stored predominantly.
Of course women can have visible abs without being unhealthy, like you say plenty of athletes do but when you actually look it up they tend to be visible but not that much, like they don't have crazy 6 or 8 packs sticking out most of the time.
The big secret is: Instagram fitness models tend to post pictures where they flex their muscles and their abs are not looking like that in a relaxed state all day.

LMJ

Pardon my crudeness, but

I would be happy for any of these women to use me as a bowflex:messenger_savoring:

Lol

The correct answer for optimal amount of body fat is the same as a woman's age. 18-20 is the peak. Less than 18 is creepy. More than 20 is increasingly downhill.
Well they say females develop faster than boys and they reach maximum adult height and adult breast size by 16.

I've also heard that the fat accumulation mechanism that goes on during childhood to prepare girls to have enough fat for puberty and pregnancy, NEVER TURNS OFF, and their body keeps turned on the developmental tendency to accumulate fat throughout the rest of their lives.

Do you actually have a source for this? Like, a medical one?

Men & women stock fat differently, women tend to store their fat in their hips, buttocks, thighs, and lower abdomen which is more visible (men store fat around their internal organs mostly) meaning that to have visible abs they have to lower their fat percentage even lower than men which tends to be less than is healthy.

Of course women can have visible abs without being unhealthy, like you say plenty of athletes do but when you actually look it up they tend to be visible but not that much, like they don't have crazy 6 or 8 packs sticking out most of the time. Googling "women athletes" shows this pretty clearly (unless it's some action shot, obviously flexing your muscles is going to make them more visible. Case in point; those pics you showed).

I've heard some athlete women at times experience amenorrhea, absence of periods due to insufficient body fat percentage.

Boss Mog

Muscles are a big turn off on women for me. Abs would probably be the least offensive I suppose, still not a fan though.

Da-Kid

I like thick or BBW black women. Though, I don't mind if she's petite. At the end of the day, I mostly go off personality though.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I would take a girl with abs over one who was significantly overweight any day. But you are probably gonna have to go to the gym with her for hours every day because no one is maintaining that otherwise. Also forget about having drinks with dinner every night or eating out more than once a month. You are also probably gonna have to be her instagram photo bitch so get used to going on day trips every weekend so she can spend an hour to get one shot of herself whipping her hair out of a water fountain.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Not really. I got mine so I don’t need my lady to compete.

The examples here of women with abs are hot though and making me reconsider...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
But you are probably gonna have to go to the gym with her for hours every day because no one is maintaining that otherwise. Also forget about having drinks with dinner every night or eating out more than once a month. You are also probably gonna have to be her instagram photo bitch so get used to going on day trips every weekend so she can spend an hour to get one shot of herself whipping her hair out of a water fountain.
Not every fit girl obsesses about herself and has an instagram account. In sports with weight clases, quite a few female athletes have visible abs and of those that I know a grand total of zero has an instagram account where they present their body to the world.

Top Bottom