• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like to smile? GAF?

TaySan

Banned
I don't like to smile because I have to force myself to do it and it just looks weird. :/ I don't like forcing emotions out of myself that's not natural.

What about you guys?

Grinchy

Banned
If you practice the smile long enough, you can lull even the most skeptical person into a false sense of security long enough for the drugs to kick in.

mekes

I like to smile. Photos as an example, I never used to smile for through my 20s. But now I’m of the opinion of the goofier the smile the better. Smile if you want to, try to not let anxiety hold you back from showing your emotions 🙂

Birdo

Banned
I have resting bitch face. So it actually takes effort to smile, no matter how happy I am.

Some people have naturally smiley faces and some dont.

Nymphae

Banned
When you're smiling the whole world smiles with you bros. I used to hate smiling and always did it with a closed mouth in the past because I had bad teeth. I got braces and it's no problem now but I still have the habit of closed mouth smiling.

But seriously, seeing someone smile is good for the soul, I'd rather see people smile than look stoic and shifty eyed or be angry. When you're projecting happiness it does have an effect.

Kamina

Golden Boy
237041.jpg

bronk

Banned
I don't like to smile because I have to force myself to do it and it just looks weird. :/ I don't like forcing emotions out of myself that's not natural.

What about you guys?
Dude this is sad as fuck.

Edit: I read that wrong for some reason. Thinking about being happy at all or something my bad.

To answer the question I love to smile. Don't you inherently smile when you laugh? Life is about laughing and you smile when you laugh.

Last edited:

Tranquil

I remember when I used to work at Target one of the managers would always get on my case for not smiling. She would say it takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown. I never frowned though, that's just my face.

TaySan

Banned
I remember when I used to work at Target one of the managers would always get on my case for not smiling. She would say it takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown. I never frowned though, that's just my face.
Same when I was a Deli Clerk! I had a "customer service" mode I had to switch too for customers I didn't even had to think twice about it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I can't do it, we Slavs don't work that way. Smile is sign of happiness not really politeness or something like that.

H4ze

Well I actually like to smile, but I also like my smile and I am usually a very positive kinda guy.

Top Bottom