• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you occassionally eat very heavy or non-traditional foods for breakfast/dinner

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
For example, breakfast is normally associated in the U.S. with bacon, eggs, toast, home fries, cereal, etc. Do you instead eat something else or heavier for breakfast? How about the same items for dinner instead? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have nearly a whole pie of leftover Domino's pizza at 8am once in a while.

I also love having omelettes at any time of the day and cereal late at night.

For example, breakfast is normally associated in the U.S. with bacon, eggs, toast, home fries, cereal, etc. Do you instead eat something else or heavier for breakfast? How about the same items for dinner instead? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have nearly a whole pie of leftover Domino's pizza at 8am once in a while.

How do you have that much leftover pizza? I usually don't have more than a couple slices when I have pizza in the morning.

And Brinner is the best thing.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
How do you have that much leftover pizza? I usually don't have more than a couple slices when I have pizza in the morning.

And Brinner is the best thing.

If I order several pies because I'm with some people the night before and we eat as we get ready to go out.

Also, I am totally coopting 'brinner.' Thank you

Davidion

I eat Filipino breakfast fairly frequently and can get deep fried pork chops with garlic fried rice and fried eggs. Does this count.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I eat Filipino breakfast fairly frequently and can get deep fried pork chops with garlic fried rice and fried eggs. Does this count.

I certainly think so. Better to get the heavy stuff out of the way early! Only problem is if you're me, eating heavy foods very early makes me more likely to eat terribly continuously throughout the day.

amanset

Every couple of months or so I have a craving for hotdogs for dinner. But you get too many buns and sausages in the packets for one dinner.

So I always have hotdogs for breakfast the following day.

Breakfast food in general makes my stomach feel ill so I rarely ever eat anything extravagant or odd. If I've been up all night then I might go ahead and grab some fast food around the times one might eat breakfast.

On the days I work from home.

5-6 am Lift
6-10 Do work on the treadmill
10am - Have an enormous breakfast to the point I likely won't eat anything else the rest of the day besides maybe a granola bar around 10 pm. It's usually pretty heavy food.

Fried meat in the morning is very heavy to me. I know eggs, bacon etc are very traditional, but I would just feel like slumping back in to bed if I ate that kind of thing in the morning.

hoserx

I work morning radio, so we get food delivered to the station all the time. I've eaten ribs, pizza, steak, gyros, pretty much anything you can think of, before 6am. Haha.

Four hours of cardio?

Ffffffffffff

Usually only the first hour is straight running while doing easy shit like answering emails, sending/paying invoices, and answering questions from team members.

7-10 is a gradually slowing walk while I start getting into the actual shit I have to do.

Just annoyed my treadmill is too loud now so I can't walk during meetings anymore or it's too distracting for them.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I work morning radio, so we get food delivered to the station all the time. I've eaten ribs, pizza, steak, gyros, pretty much anything you can think of, before 6am. Haha.

That's great lol

A gyro in the morning with some nice tzatziki sauce and fries. ,mmmm

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Usually only the first hour is straight running while doing easy shit like answering emails, sending/paying invoices, and answering questions from team members.

7-10 is a gradually slowing walk while I start getting into the actual shit I have to do.

Just annoyed my treadmill is too loud now so I can't walk during meetings anymore or it's too distracting for them.

Are you training for the olympics?

Bsigg12

I don't eat breakfast and my dinners Sunday-Thursday are very focused on a protein and vegetables with maybe a small amount of carbs.

Friday and Saturday nights though? I'm going in on some pizza and beer.

Kyne

this is my breakfast mon-friday (office job)

11582000-nature-valley-crunchy-oats-honey-074oz.ashx

redbull1-2.jpg

Are you training for the olympics?

No I just have a very high energy level, and am very much all or nothing personality wise. It's why I don't drink/gamble basically at all.

If I am not consistently working my ass off physically
- I can't sleep worth a shit
- I feel like shit
- I tend to get bored and eat too much

I also am basically a broken man when it comes to weight. I used to play football around 325 when I was in my mid 20's but after injuries ended that I put on another 125.

I then dropped from 450ish to about 270 in about a year by eating sub 1200 calories a day, and killing myself even harder working out. I'm currently 220ish depending on the day.

It's basically a daily fear that I'm going to gain all the weight back and eat myself to an early grave.

hoserx

That's great lol

A gyro in the morning with some nice tzatziki sauce and fries. ,mmmm

Yeah man I love it. We were just talking about how "gyro season is coming" as the local Greek festivals take place in June. One of the festivals brings in about 400 gyros for the entire building......and its amazing. We have 6 stations in this building, but even at that, it's way too many gyros. I usually bring 5-6 home with me. Haha.

_Rob_

Burritos and coffee are a fantastic way to start the day. On occasion leftover Butter Chicken makes an excellent toast topper too.

Metalgus

Banned
When I was 10 years older, I'd eat BBQ peanuts and drink a cheap beer or two for breakfast on Saturday/Sunday morning. Fortunately, those days are long gone.

I eat cereal for dinner like 3 times a week. I play in a bball league 3 nights a week and have a tradition of eating a bowl of cereal for dinner before playing.

Aiii

So not worth it

Cold breakfast (well early lunch, since I skip breakfast) Pizza is best Pizza.

I pretty much eat stuff at strange times all the time. Whatever I'm in the mood for. When I don't feel like cooking or preparing anything for dinner, I just eat whatever's easy and quick. Maybe bake an egg or two and put it on some bread.

Every couple of months or so I have a craving for hotdogs for dinner. But you get too many buns and sausages in the packets for one dinner.

So I always have hotdogs for breakfast the following day.

Don't buy meat or breads in packages!
If it's wrapped in plastic it ain't no bread.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah man I love it. We were just talking about how "gyro season is coming" as the local Greek festivals take place in June. One of the festivals brings in about 400 gyros for the entire building......and its amazing. We have 6 stations in this building, but even at that, it's way too many gyros. I usually bring 5-6 home with me. Haha.

Well at least it's free food! I'd love a job where I was constantly supplied food for free. lol

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm actually in the middle of making chicken tacos for breakfast right now because I put off cooking for a couple nights due to just not having the energy at the end of the day and now I want to use all this meat since it's "Sell By" is today.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I prefer it to standard breakfast food. I've definitely made chicken parm at 8am, but it's generally protein powder+oat meal on weekdays.

I am absolutely not a morning eater. I may, at most, have like a breakfast sandwich and some tater tots/hash browns with a coffee.

But I have eaten cake/brownies/cupcakes or even left over pizza for breakfast.

Roufianos

Yea I usually have some left over pizza the next day if I've ordered some.

I rarely have breakfast though since it makes me feel a bit sick to eat early. If I do it's usually cereal or eggs. Can't stand bacon and sausages aren't great either.

Novocaine

I eat pasta for breakfast but that's because I wake up at 4pm. With that said though if I ever move to a normal person sleep schedule I may still make pasta for breakfast.

E92 M3

I hate the notion that food has to be associated with time. I can eat steak and mashed potatoes for breakfast without issues.

Being an adult with my own kitchen is amazing.

We have cast off the chains of a 'balanced breakfast' and replaced it with 'what can my broke ass make today'.

To be fair though, eggs are awesome all the time, and super fast. But everything is fair game for breakfast. Burgers, pizza, ramen, pasta. Refried leftovers. Fried spaghetti is the best.

MilkyJoe

I often have a tuna sandwich for breakfast.

Cold pizza and cold Chinese are also the breakfast of champions.

Top Bottom