• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I think in general I prefer dry leaf when it comes to the high. Been under the impression that it is more... fat. But this is coming from someone who used to always face blunts and all that. Vaping is nice, I very much enjoy the discreetness of it so I'm really torn. I'd say if I'm by myself I can smoke leaf, but the fact of the matter is vaping is so much healthier and I prefer to not inhale so many chemicals.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I think in general I prefer dry leaf when it comes to the high. Been under the impression that it is more... fat. But this is coming from someone who used to always face blunts and all that. Vaping is nice, I very much enjoy the discreetness of it so I'm really torn. I'd say if I'm by myself I can smoke leaf, but the fact of the matter is vaping is so much healthier and I prefer to not inhale so many chemicals.
If most people knew the shit that goes into modern weed, they wouldn’t smoke it. It’s nasty.

Who am I kidding? They still would.

Meesh

So my GF and I play Video games while smoking a bit, good times lol. The other obvious past time is listening to music while we do that or just plain chill. Sometimes I think she's more of a dude than me.

Me: I love this song... (Closer /Kings of Leon/ starts) it does a great job setting a mood...

Her: yeah....
Put it on repeat and just fuck.

Me:....
Well yeah. I mean I wasn't going there but you know... sure that works.

Edit: I'm pretty much a chronic smoker, it eases the discomfort I feel these days from health issues.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I scheduled a paid week off months ago that I've been looking forward to. I had a big list of things I wanted to get done during this time, so naturally, I've spent the last 5 or 6 days just totally stoned out of my mind, ordering Uber Eats every day, barely moving when possible.

I made some weed butter one night so sometimes I'll start out with a piece of toast and let that body high go on for a bit before doing any smoking. I've accidentally deleted a game off my PS4 3 times when I just meant to close the application. And that sums up how productive I've been lately. It feels so nice after months of crazy work times.

(mat)

I don't smoke weed myself, but 99% of all my friends and family are stoners. It truly doesn't bother me in the least, unless you're being obnoxious about it. But that goes for most things.

I scheduled a paid week off months ago that I've been looking forward to. I had a big list of things I wanted to get done during this time, so naturally, I've spent the last 5 or 6 days just totally stoned out of my mind, ordering Uber Eats every day, barely moving when possible.

I made some weed butter one night so sometimes I'll start out with a piece of toast and let that body high go on for a bit before doing any smoking. I've accidentally deleted a game off my PS4 3 times when I just meant to close the application. And that sums up how productive I've been lately. It feels so nice after months of crazy work times.

Your avatar reminds me of a hilarious name I heard for joints once: "Grinch fingers". Hahaha. Cracks me up.

No I do not and don't plan on doing that I plan on keeping a safe life free from smoking or anything related to that I want to be smoke-free I won't put those chemicals into my lungs and injure it sorry that's not me.

Meesh

Omg, I just spent 1/2 hour looking for 311 in my 2 storey hotel. I circled and circled, went up and down stairs... no 311. It was a fucked up Stephen King moment when you realize there was no 3rd floor. It was a prank... a silly prank by my work chums. But what if they were work spectres, ghosts that belonged to 311, a missing room, a missing floor. A secret held close by Super 8 ... the Super 8 massacre.
I got back to my room....

My foreman:
Did ya go to 311?

Me:
No..... couldn't find it, had a few puffs and...

My foreman:
311 is across the parking lot.

Me:

My Forman:

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I’m not a heavy weed smoker anymore like I used to be, I may partake in a gentlemanly vape from time to time but I never smoke anything.

It is very true that some of these modern strains are over 9000, I mean the midiclorian count is off the charts.

I can absolutely see how smoking super strong stuff can mess up your brain. Don’t you dare make any arsey jokes.

This documentary is a real eye opener about the history of weed. The film maker also has very good documentaries about 9/11 and the fake moon missions.

Last edited:

Caffeine

I used to, 21-25 was basically smoking every other day if not every day. Then I kinda just grew out of it. Now at 29 its on occasion with friends. I think its better this way as it resets tolerance to 0 and its basically like smoking your first time each time.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You should be only doing 20-25 mg in edibles. Anymore and that's too much. Even veterans who do it every day cannot go over that or you're gonna be come a potato.

Regularly do 50+, have done 100+.

You learn pot is way more powerful than people think, visual and audible hallucinations, etc.

Did 75 at a concert once was amazing but preferably I’d be on a couch staring at the ceiling lol

Tesseract

Banned
i got one of them fancy vape carts and i think i'm getting too old and shredded for weed

i have to basically toke like a quarter of this goddamn cart to get high

Eyeron

Haven’t smoked flowers in over a year. My wife is super sensitive to the odor. Very happy to live in a State with a growing concentrates industry. Bought a gram of Candy Jar from my favorite purveyor the other day. 2 rips on the dab rig and I’m good for hours. Pens while out and about.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I would if my work didn't perform random drug tests. We get a positive we are out. And I just afford to have that happen but I would LOVE to be able to smoke every now and again... Please HELP!!!

Meesh

My son:
Would you rather have finger dicks or testicle toes?

My GF:
Probably dicks for fingers, I'm a woman, what can I say? Let's be real.

Caffeine

Regularly do 50+, have done 100+.

You learn pot is way more powerful than people think, visual and audible hallucinations, etc.

Did 75 at a concert once was amazing but preferably I’d be on a couch staring at the ceiling lol
digestion takes longer, but When you ingest it your body creates a metabolite called 11-hydroxy THC which is like 5x more psychoactive than normal THC. plus lungs build up tolerance quicker due to a body defense mechanism against irritants such as water vapor and smoke. food passes through normally tolerance takes way longer its like eating spicy foods you start getting used to the heat after eating it for months.

my friend smokes every day he did an edible and was he was gone lol.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
digestion takes longer, but When you ingest it your body creates a metabolite called 11-hydroxy THC which is like 5x more psychoactive than normal THC. plus lungs build up tolerance quicker due to a body defense mechanism against irritants such as water vapor and smoke. food passes through normally tolerance takes way longer its like eating spicy foods you start getting used to the heat after eating it for months.

my friend smokes every day he did an edible and was he was gone lol.
Oh I know you don't develop as much of a tolerance; but you certainly gain experience in handling the effects and can go well over 25mg without necessarily being couch locked.

Also it's fucking wild lol

I do for about 4 years now, pretty much everyday, I've reduced it drastically recently and im gonna stop completely this month, it was pretty much taking over most of my life, i'd wake up with little will to do anything at all, and would end up smoking pretty much all day if I had nothing better to do. This is 1000x worst if you work at home, like I do most of the time.

Its quite a depressive drug for me as well, I realized that for the most part, I've been feeling numb to pretty much all emotions, but the thing with weed is, its only an issue when its already an issue. Although its not an addictive substance phsyically, it can be quite addictive psychologically.

Sex and music on it is great though, its probably what ill miss the most.

Weilthain

Banned
Sex and music on it is great though, its probably what ill miss the most.

I found with weed + music it strengthens my connection to music, in a spiritual sense. Like I’m able to channel music through me like it’s coming from somewhere or something else.

But if you smoke all the time that power goes away. Always nice to get stoned after a break and let the music take you.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
music is really nice on weed. it's nice off weed. but on weed it's pretty nice. even music you wouldn't give a chance can be pretty nice.

personally ill smoke until I die. when I was a teen or twenty something I used to get depressed a lot, to the point of just laying in bed all day. weed has kind of cured my depression. and it's way better than other methods of self medication, like alcohol or pills.

Last edited:

bryo4321

music is really nice on weed. it's nice off weed. but on weed it's pretty nice. even music you wouldn't give a chance can be pretty nice.

personally ill smoke until I die. when I was a teen or twenty something I used to get depressed a lot, to the point of just laying in bed all day. weed has kind of cured my depression. and it's way better than other methods of self medication, like alcohol or pills.
I’ve always used weed as a sort of relaxing type thing. If I’ve got a free day and I’ve finished my chores and productive work, I’ll relax with some food and weed, or head to the gym and take a few hits and just get sucked into my workout routine. I’ve always found the most effective self medication is psychedelics and doing some really deep self examination. It always convinced me to do deeper more personal change.
Certain strains of marijuana sometimes will actually increase my anxiety and some of my mental roadblocks instead of reducing them. I’m not sure why but it can be a little uncomfortable. I’ve stopped smoking marijuana at concerts because it makes me clam up a bit around strangers.

Last edited:

H4ze

Yessss love me some good weed. Can't wait to get home and relaaaaaax.

I have already visited Amsterdam in February, but will go again in about 3 weeks, hyped as fuck :D
Beautiful city, even if you don't smoke, I would recommend a vacation there.

TrainedRage

Banned
I wish edibles would give me hallucinations. I swear they don't seefect me like most people it seems.
I have eaten 2 full bars at 125 each and all I got was a super mello high and got pretty Damn tired.

I think as a sleeping aide they are great for me but beyond that edibles are not for me, at the price anyhow.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish edibles would give me hallucinations. I swear they don't seefect me like most people it seems.
I have eaten 2 full bars at 125 each and all I got was a super mello high and got pretty Damn tired.

I think as a sleeping aide they are great for me but beyond that edibles are not for me, at the price anyhow.
That's interesting because I may be in the same boat, but probably not. I've only ever had edibles that I've made myself. I have always assumed I've made them wrong, despite following the directions exactly.

My recent weed butter experiment was the same way. I eat some of it and I begin feeling that warm feeling in my stomach and my eyes start getting heavy, but I don't reach some next level stoned feeling. After a couple hours I just go back to smoking.

TrainedRage

Banned
That's interesting because I may be in the same boat, but probably not. I've only ever had edibles that I've made myself. I have always assumed I've made them wrong, despite following the directions exactly.

My recent weed butter experiment was the same way. I eat some of it and I begin feeling that warm feeling in my stomach and my eyes start getting heavy, but I don't reach some next level stoned feeling. After a couple hours I just go back to smoking.
I'm the same. I have bought actual branded bars. They just give me a heavy body high. And make me tired. Overrated. Unless maybe you have a very low tolerance.

Dark Star

A ton of CBD vape/herbal remedy shops have opened up in my area since Texas legalized hemp.

It's cool and all for those who need pain relief, but where is the bud at? lol i'm not trying to pay 40 dollars for a small bottle of liquid that doesn't get me baked. I'm no weed fiend though. Only recently had the chance of trying some wonderful edibles during a trip Colorado. That was wonderful, indeed. Haven't smoked in ages.

Tesseract

Banned
A ton of CBD vape/herbal remedy shops have opened up in my area since Texas legalized hemp.

It's cool and all for those who need pain relief, but where is the bud at? lol i'm not trying to pay 40 dollars for a small bottle of liquid that doesn't get me baked. I'm no weed fiend though. Only recently had the chance of trying some wonderful edibles during a trip Colorado. That was wonderful, indeed. Haven't smoked in ages.

yeah it's fucking stupid, just put the fucking liquid in every smoke shop already

Cracklox

I traded my car for an ounce last week.

So yes, yes I do

(The car had been flooded and was pretty waterlogged. Half the electrics were dead. Wasn't worth it to fix, so did what I had to do...)

Meesh

Soooo... I just learned the Spanish chooch is a cuka. Can anyone confirm? I think she's taking advantage of my stoned good natured heart...

Meesh

Hmmm.... I see. But she was eluding to her hooha, her muff, the beav, the good ol' vagina. The literal definition lends itself to her claim though, I just learned something new lol
Themoreyouknow.gif

Edit:
Me: so babe, ya really think I'll be good at this Realty thing?

Her: I think you're afraid to leave cuz you're good at what you do even though you need a change.

Me:.... well that would be almost 100% accurate if you weren't always so spot on the nose....
Jerk.
*laughter*

Last edited:
Top Bottom