• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Tesseract

Banned
toking mad weeds today my bruddas

woman is out of town, getting my fast on and my pump on while the vapes course through the veins

no pentagon ultra violence experiments for at least a few days makes jack a dull boy

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Good boy! Here is a dose of Ketamine.
giphy.gif

Meesh

The weed ya buy in pot stores is too damn expensive. It's crazy. That's really all right now.... playing some Links Awakening... wondering how long itll take for some indie Yahoo hippie to come up with a pot farm simulator while I completely adore how cute the little fucker is in his lil green tunic...

Finally copped a dry herb vape a few weeks ago. A cheaper, safer solution!
What did you go for? I started with a MFLB but the batteries went to shit quickly. Got a Pax 2 which was a bit more wack than I was led to believe so I flogged it on ebay for 80 quid and replaced it with a Starry v3 which is quite awesome and comes with a little concentrate pad if you happen to be that way inclined.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
What did you go for? I started with a MFLB but the batteries went to shit quickly. Got a Pax 2 which was a bit more wack than I was led to believe so I flogged it on ebay for 80 quid and replaced it with a Starry v3 which is quite awesome and comes with a little concentrate pad if you happen to be that way inclined.

I don't remember the name but instead of the PAX I just opted for a battery-like device. I think it works well for my on-the-go needs :)

Meesh

Which can be done without the use of recreational drugs.
I agree with this, obviously it's true... but I'd like to hypothesize that perhaps being under the influence of some drugs,.mostly hallucinogens, opens doors not as accessible as you would if you were meditating, reading/education, or many other forms of internal self improvement. I'd probably say they aren't even in the same building. I believe in life changing experiences, revelations had when high. Meditate while stoned, like smoke a joint. If you meditate regular, then smoke a joint my experience is quite different than when I don't.

...but what I can't believe, what I can't accept, is we will no longer be able to claim, "our body is Reggie". Its a sad time we live in when our "booty is Bowser"...
God speed Reg, you adorable giant. May your rule in the Nintendoverse be remembered fondly.

All the names you took, the games, the waggle... dear lord that waggle. The gameboy micro. The memes, the Gifs....

For the times they are a chang'n...

Phase

Used to daily. Haven't for almost 3 years now, but still want to. I think when I figure out what I'm doing in life I'll pick it up again.

I agree with this, obviously it's true... but I'd like to hypothesize that perhaps being under the influence of some drugs,.mostly hallucinogens, opens doors not as accessible as you would if you were meditating, reading/education, or many other forms of internal self improvement.

I used to think that when I was younger, but after a while the "mind opening" effects of LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms disappear. I got to the point where I was taking up to 20Gs of shrooms and they weren't doing much for me - still got high - but it just wasn't the same anymore. Even after tolerance breaks lasting several months, I could never get the same effects as before.

I can still appreciate weed, but I stay away from it because I tend to over-smoke. With dispensaries it's too easy to get weed nowadays and I have too much disposable income, I was going through an ounce a week at one point and when you smoke that much the quality of the high isn't good due to tolerance.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with this, obviously it's true... but I'd like to hypothesize that perhaps being under the influence of some drugs,.mostly hallucinogens, opens doors not as accessible as you would if you were meditating, reading/education, or many other forms of internal self improvement. I'd probably say they aren't even in the same building. I believe in life changing experiences, revelations had when high. Meditate while stoned, like smoke a joint. If you meditate regular, then smoke a joint my experience is quite different than when I don't.

...but what I can't believe, what I can't accept, is we will no longer be able to claim, "our body is Reggie". Its a sad time we live in when our "booty is Bowser"...
God speed Reg, you adorable giant. May your rule in the Nintendoverse be remembered fondly.

All the names you took, the games, the waggle... dear lord that waggle. The gameboy micro. The memes, the Gifs....

For the times they are a chang'n...

Weilthain

Banned
you learn a lot about someone by how paranoid they get the first time they try some
When I was younger and travelling Australia, I camped in my car at a caravan park in outback Australia.

I befriended some aborigines who lived on the site and before to you knew it I was buying liquor from the local drive thru and buying weed from the local hook up.

back in their caravan they were telling me how the last guy traveller they had in my position got all nervous and bailed and I pretty much did they same thing.

All of a sudden stoned as full in a caravan In Australia with two aborigines they had a frying pan with bubbling fat on all the time for some reason it was weird I bailed.
Wish I hadn’t he was telling me he was the descendant of the king of the local tribe making him the king and he had won the lottery but they hadn’t given him the money and he was going to sue the queen of England and kangaroos only jump because white man put up fences

was weird!

Last edited:

Meesh

I used to think that when I was younger, but after a while the "mind opening" effects of LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms disappear. I got to the point where I was taking up to 20Gs of shrooms and they weren't doing much for me - still got high - but it just wasn't the same anymore. Even after tolerance breaks lasting several months, I could never get the same effects as before.

I can still appreciate weed, but I stay away from it because I tend to over-smoke. With dispensaries it's too easy to get weed nowadays and I have too much disposable income, I was going through an ounce a week at one point and when you smoke that much the quality of the high isn't good due to tolerance.
I think you're probably overdoing it a bit, moderation in all things, a balance yields best results.
I use a combination of smoking and meditation and it's great.
Over indulging ruins the balance you need.

dream

Got some distillate last night. Purports to have a thc content of 99%, and has no taste. This might be the best way I’ve ever consumed.

T-Square

nah...however i did make butter out of what i had and drop a piece of it in my coffee from time to time

durban poison >>

Last edited:
Went to the Wu-Tang concert in Denver last week. Onyx opened for them and basically promoted everyone to smoke, which me and my friends had planned on doing anyway. Smoked 6 blunts of various different strains (we copped 8 different 8ths). Highest I've been in a min, concert was awesome too.

bryo4321

That just means it’s time to buy a few herbs and hop into the dmt world.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm on again off again with pot, i feel like i maxed out its usefulness in my twenties

fucking' stoned is always going to be bliss tho

Last edited:
I dont judge people either way and respect the choices of others.

That said, I smoke weed everyday, multiple times a day, from morning to night, for at least the last 15 years. I naturally have such a high anxiety/stress level and doctors have never agreed with me on treatments, aka they refuse to give me any, so it's basically all I can do to keep my head from popping.
Thank god the prices are finally starting to go down. Basically, up until maybe 2-3 years ago, my medication has been far outside of my ability to pay for it and I have had to beg and borrow to essentially go to sleep at night.
Also, thank god for dispensaries and medical marijuana cards. For the first 6 of those 15 years, it was a crapshoot on whether or not my shady dealer would give me indica or sativa, the difference between a great nights' rest or an anxious nights' insomnia.

I could not imagine existing without it. I'd explode with worries.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I'm off the weed for now. Unless I'm with my boy in the legal state I frequent to, I'm no longer about it. Plus, I'm working too much.

Light one up for me, boyos.

Not me.

Alcohol is my personal toxin of choice as it has a more positive effect on my consciousness (I ignore the blatant liver damage). Everyone has differing body chemistry though so I would never shame someone for choosing to smoke weed instead of appreciating a nice craft beer.

...That said, I did buy a second hand game once from EB Games for $5 (a pristine copy of Forza Horizon 1 Collectors Edition) and it unexpectedly held an entire baggie of weed hiding underneath an, as-new, unread game manual. I only discovered this a day or two after buying the game when I finally had time after work to actually install the game I bought for my Xbox 360.

After a good laugh, I decided that I was going to throw the bag of weed in the bin. But on second thought, I called a friend and asked her if she wanted it. She, like any good genuine friend, advised me to smoke it entirely myself with homemade joints using A4 paper and a random lighter that I had found in a draw. I accepted her challenge.

Good times were had. And that was a very funny, three hour long phone hangout session with an interstate Aussie girl that I originally met overseas.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I love weed, was a mega daily smoker for years, but it’s all too obvious that it drains my life energy/powers/soul when I use it too much.

it’s like the positive effect requires repayment. Makes me more receptive to negativity, so I start to become blind to the good things around me.

In moderation I think it’s absolutely fine, but it is my kyriptonite 100% I can’t moderate weed I have too much money and free time and deep down I’m just weak when it comes to resisting her sirens call.

Last edited:
Use to. I quit around 2011 or 2012, but it was more out of stress in life at the time rather and calming anxiety than abusing it. My brother and his GF are big pot-heads and I was usually the scavenger on hang-out nights, lol. I didn't tell my wife I was doing it though and she ended up finding out. That was the end of it. I miss it at times but I understand that I don't need it. It's great for anxiety though and hope it gets legalized in my state ASAP.

DESTROYA

No. Everyone I know who does is a slug person.
Not everyone is like that, I own a business and regularly put in 80+ hours a week in 6 days. Don’t smoke as much as I used too just 1-2 times a night to help relax.
Looking back even when I smoked much more I used to put in a lot of hours.

D-Dude

Smoked for 5 years. Quit about a year ago because I developed a nasty cough, daily plehms, and huge mucus production. But that has to do because here in NL we smoke it with tobacco. In the last year I coughed a lot, so I quit. I miss it at times, but it is better this way.

Top Bottom