• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you still believe HollowKnight Silksong will launch this year?

Will Silksong release this year?

• Yep, Can’t see it taking another year to come out

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Nope, Its mid March and not a peep, its 2023

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Honestly, i don’t really care, game was overrated

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
Seems like some of the Silksong hype died down as its not even being mentioned in possible GoTY discussions anymore. I think people are completely giving up hope on seeing it. Edge featured it on their cover not too long ago and its been radio silence since.

I feel like the developers have kind of dropped the ball on keeping the community up to date on it. They had a playable demo two years ago.

Is this game still coming or have we all given up hope?

blacktout

I think it'll be shadow dropped during Nintendo's technically-not-E3 Direct in June. After all, that strategy was hugely successful for the first game.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Announced too early and pretty much vaporware at this point. I wouldn't bet on it ever releasing. Let it go.

blacktout

It think this game is beyond a shadow drop.

Is there a day one physical release planned? Because, yeah, that would make shadow dropping impossible. Otherwise, shadow dropping a big game can only increase the hype. The first game got over the million sales mark extremely quickly off the hype from the E3 2018 drop.

Announced too early and pretty much vaporware at this point. I wouldn't bet on it ever releasing. Let it go.

This is definitely not true. As OP said, the game was playable two years ago. Team Cherry are known perfectionists. They're just revising and refining obsessively until the final product is exactly what they want.

Fbh

For the time I've sort of just removed it from my mind.
Me default stance on it now is that it won't release anytime soon and I don't expect it to show up during any event this year.

They'll show it again when/if they are ready to announce a release date, and it will be a nice surprise

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah I do, it's not a game that needs an endless hype cycle and it was announced way too early. I think it'll be at Nintendo's "E3" showcase and drop a few months later.

If not, oh well, I'd rather they spend 2 more years getting it just right.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
First one is one hell of a game. Let them put whatever amount of time they need for the sequel, the wait will be worth it.

Arachnid

Animated GIF
Lmao @ anyone who posts this in response to Hollow Knight.

Your loss srs

Top Bottom