• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

do you think you could fuck up a chimpanzee?

let's say you got into a fight with an adult male chimpanzee

what kind of human does it take to win in a fight against a chimpanzee?

like would Manny Pacquiao fuck up a chimpanzee or would it be a tough fight even for him?

nkarafo

Can a chimp even get knocked out with punches?

I remember a hog attacking someone and someone else was hiting it on the head with a huge piece of wood but it didnt seem to care.

Weilthain

Banned
So a spunky chimp
RqyYnd6.jpg

vs

this guy
NPDvELU.jpg

maybe alex Jones during a rage, but not manny.

mcz117chief

Chimpanzees are insanely strong and robust. The only way I'm picking a fight with a chimp is if you give me a gun.

edit: did some research. It seems that the strength of chimpanzees has been wildly exaggerated. They do have about 1.5 times stronger muscles than us but they tire much faster than human muscles. Plus the total amount of muscles is considerably lower than humans have so a fit person should be about an equal if not actually stronger than a chimp and an athlete should be able to overpower a chimp.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
A full grown wild male chimp would fuck any man up 9/10 times.

They are about four times stronger than the average man, far faster/more agile and have sharp teeth.

What you gonna do, punch and kick it?
The chimp will easily shrug off your meager blows and rip your face off with its bare hands (not an exaggeration a 'tame' chimp has done this in the past).

Oh you know BJJ? Good luck grappling with an animal that swings through the trees all day. Once again, expect the chimp to sink it's giant teeth into your arms/neck while you attempt to grapple with it. It'll then pull your penis off with its bare hands and snacks on your juicy sausage.

Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't seen Planet of the Apes.

Blade2.0

Lol, no. You'd be fucking dead dude. Maybe someone like the mountain, maybe... Probably not even someone like him. They also go for your groin and face. If you do survive, you'll wish you were dead. Don't fuck with chimps.

Tesseract

Banned
jesus christ no have you seen what they do to people bro they will rip off your arms like yer fucking taffy

rip your fucking feet off and fuck your ass

if you don't think chimps will steal babies and eat them you haven't been paying attention to the literature

Chimpanzees are insanely strong and robust. The only way I'm picking a fight with a chimp is if you give me a gun.

edit: did some research. It seems that the strength of chimpanzees has been wildly exaggerated. They do have about 1.5 times stronger muscles than us but they tire much faster than human muscles. Plus the total amount of muscles is considerably lower than humans have so a fit person should be about an equal if not actually stronger than a chimp and an athlete should be able to overpower a chimp.
A full grown wild male chimp would fuck any man up 9/10 times.

They are about four times stronger than the average man, far faster/more agile and have sharp teeth.

What you gonna do, punch and kick it?
The chimp will easily shrug off your meager blows and rip your face off with its bare hands (not an exaggeration a 'tame' chimp has done this in the past).

Oh you know BJJ? Good luck grappling with an animal that swings through the trees all day. Once again, expect the chimp to sink it's giant teeth into your arms/neck while you attempt to grapple with it. It'll then pull your penis off with its bare hands and snacks on your juicy sausage.

Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't seen Planet of the Apes.

DOyTmhm.jpg

Ugh guys come on. Which one is it? My chimpanzee project is due tomorrow I need some accurate information here.

DOyTmhm.jpg

Ugh guys come on. Which one is it? My chimpanzee project is due tomorrow I need some accurate information here.

JimiNutz JimiNutz is right, they are about 3-5 times stronger than us humans:

They have fewer motor neurons but have more brute strength. In other words, they would kick our butts in a fight, but we are much better at playing ukulele.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
When I was younger my friends used to make that very joke about me. Saying they wanted to see my fight a full grown chimp to see who would win.

It's those teeth and forearms you have to worry about. The have huge fangs, and their hands are super strong. Great for exploring your eye socket.

If you're a big 115kg+ guy taking on an average 60kg chimp, sure you could damage it enough to get it off you before it tears your face off. You'd still be far worse off than the chimp. Maybe if you were a 160kg+ strongman, you could simply pick the chimp up and smash it against the ground repeatedly or tear its limbs off.

Now if its a very large alpha chimp (90kg+) not even a strongman would stand a chance. That chimp would have arms more powerful than a strongman's legs.

Shrap

I'd actually like to see a chimp's reaction if Tyson Fury (6'9" 250+lbs), Anthony Joshua (6'6" 240+lbs) or Deontay Wilder (6'7" 220+lbs) squared up to fight one.They would be absolutely dwarfed. Would they still choose to fight?

Romulus

I'd actually like to see a chimp's reaction if Tyson Fury (6'9" 250+lbs), Anthony Joshua (6'6" 240+lbs) or Deontay Wilder (6'7" 220+lbs) squared up to fight one.They would be absolutely dwarfed. Would they still choose to fight?

I don't think a pissed alpha chimp would give a fuck.

The problem with wild animals vs humans is the increased amount of fast twitch explosive muscle fibers. That's why they're able go tear off flesh and snap bones so easily, human tissue can't withstand the explosiveness of the movement.

So whereas you and I get in a tussle and get bruises etc, they literally tear through your flesh and rip out large hunks of it. Also, we don't have fangs.

Last edited:

420bits

Sure, if the chip were in a wheelchair or just plain retarded.

But if you go by the scenario that a human and a chimp is put in a cage and only one leaves (and they both understand it), Chimp would leave the human in a torn up pile of shit, piss and blood.

Sakura

Chimp strength is overrated. They are around 1.35x stronger than humans, pound for pound. But they are also only like what, 100lbs? A chimp isn't going to be stronger overall than a phsyically fit adult human male.
The 5 times stronger or whatever bullshit number is a number that is like over 100 years old, and has long since been disproven.

JimiNutz

Banned
If you're a big 115kg+ guy taking on an average 60kg chimp, sure you could damage it enough to get it off you before it tears your face off. You'd still be far worse off than the chimp. Maybe if you were a 160kg+ strongman, you could simply pick the chimp up and smash it against the ground repeatedly or tear its limbs off.

Now if its a very large alpha chimp (90kg+) not even a strongman would stand a chance. That chimp would have arms more powerful than a strongman's legs.

No way.
A chimp spends most of its days swinging through trees. The grip strength on that thing would be incredible. There is absolutely no way that you are shrugging it off regardless of your mass or height.

What's gonna happen is that the chimp is gonna run at the man on all fours (we are not used to facing opponents that run this way). Your only real option is to maybe kick it back (if the chimp is within punching range it's too close and you're already fucked).

The chimp is then gonna leap through the air and grab a hold of you. How are you gonna defend that? Catch it out of the air? lol. Good luck. Most people are either gonna be dumb enough to stand their ground (chimp lands on your upper body/face) or instinct kicks in and you turn to run/shield yourself (chimp lands on your back/shoulders).

Using that incredible grip strength it'll be stuck to you like glue and within seconds it's gonna sink those giant fangs into your neck, face and back.

What the fuck you gonna do then? Thrash around screaming? Try and punch it? Where is your punching power coming from when you've got a fucking chimp attached to you? You think you're gonna land anything substantial on this beast while it sinks it's fangs into your body and tears your flesh/limbs off with its incredibly strong hands?

Sure, if a chimp just stood there staring at you, a full power roundhouse kick to the head/body would probably ward it off.
Good fucking luck landing that lol

Last edited:
Most animals fall into one of two broad muscle categories.

Nimble and agile, with potential for far greater speed and/or stamina.

Hulking great powerhouse motherfuckers that have incredible strength but need a sit down after any great exertion.

Humans are in the former category, all other great apes are in the latter.

In a straight fight a chimp would absolutely fuck our shit up.

But if you could stay out of it's reach, dodge the little shit until it got tired, you could then pelt rocks at the sodding thing until you brained it.

So yes, if...

Top Bottom