• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you use additional cooling on your consoles?

saintjules

3rd party coolers are never recommended. I always felt like if they were truly needed, then the designers of the Consoles failed in their design.

I personally never understood wall mounting. I'd be afraid if in the middle of the night, the Console just fell off the wall...

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nope, stock cooling always. I pay attention to removing the dust and my consoles always have lots of open space.

BreakOut

There’s no way this is a thing with consoles, but then again it’s like those chodes who mount thier guitar to the wall like your in some guitar center but they can’t play.
I don’t know, it’s not a gaming room. It’s just an item I use in a guest room. It works perfectly fine on the wall and I can’t imagine having it in an inconvenient place for the sake of looking good. I think it looks perfectly fine.

Shifty

I personally never understood wall mounting. I'd be afraid if in the middle of the night, the Console just fell off the wall...
Ah, that takes me back. A buddy of mine once had a whole ass electric guitar fall on his face because an aging wall mount decided to give up the ghost at just the wrong time.

Though I guess you could argue that picking the under-guitar spot to crash after an all-night LAN party was the caveat emptor factor there.

BreakOut

3rd party coolers are never recommended. I always felt like if they were truly needed, then the designers of the Consoles failed in their design.

The system is screwed into the stud in the wall. The only way the thing is coming off is if the wall gets destroyed. It’s easily removable though. I’m going to repaint this room soon, and probably run ethernet into the rooms. I want to put in new outlets specifically for RJ 45. Need to change the power outlets in the house too, they all have USB along with standard plug-ins but none of them have USB-C, so I think I’ll pick up outlets for that too.

Kupfer

Even though I haven't owned a jet engine playstation, I put my PS3, PS4 and PS4 pro on 4 tealights (small candles with aluminium casings - not ignited) when it was very hot in summer to allow some air to circulate from below. I felt this was good for the consoles.

My PS5 on the other hand is lying on the carpet and sucking dust. Liquid metal bitches!

Last edited:

Danknugz

back in the 360 RROD day i had a fan attachment that would attach to the 360 on the bottom, ended up getting RROD anyway but alas

gamecube_21.jpg

Top Bottom