• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Doom is an anti-social computer programmer in the upcoming Fantastic Four film

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no question about that. The real question is whether this will be worse than the 1994 one.

even_possible_aliens.gif

Matt_C

If the rights won't return to Marvel, at least make him
spank Apocalypse at the end of the next X-Men movie. Singer and co. could do him justice.

StoopKid

I fear this might be the beginning of the end for superhero movies.

With shit like this coming out and lord knows what terrible crap sony will put out.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If the rights won't return to Marvel, at least make him
spank Apocalypse at the end of the next X-Men movie. Singer and co. could do him justice.

They need to focus on doing one of the xmen right maybe the 9th time will be a charm in the Apocalypse movie.

I dunno. The villains in The Dark Knight Trilogy were pretty different from their comic book selves, were people mad over that?

LosDaddie

Banned
FOX already screwed up with the Storms being different races, so it makes sense they would completely ruin one of the best Marvel villains.

jmood88

Fox really taking a giant shit on the Fantastic Four license

This is how they get back at Marvel for marginalizing X-Men.

I wanted to give this movie the benefit of the doubt because I loved Chronicle and I'm a big fan of Michael B. Jordan but this really just seems like they're making a shitty movie to spite Marvel.

wildfire

Banned
I wasn't interested in watching a Fantastic Four movie but now I might get a good laugh out of it. I'll wait for more news.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know guys, it might be worth it if in the climax of the film, just as D00m has the upper hand, this happens:

Mr. Fantastic: Are you happy, D00m? You'll have your revenge...
D00m: Revenge? Revenge?! This was about ethics in game journalism.

Akahige

I dunno. The villains in The Dark Knight Trilogy were pretty different from their comic book selves, were people mad over that?
Batman Begins script leaked quite a bit earlier than the movie coming out and was well received so not really, this has only had random details that the cast members have said in interviews and one set leak pic of Doctor Doom, they were mad at this before any of those thing were revealed cause they want Marvel to own and make it instead.

This is how they get back at Marvel for marginalizing X-Men.

I wanted to give this movie the benefit of the doubt because I loved Chronicle and I'm a big fan of Michael B. Jordan but this really just seems like they're making a shitty movie to spite Marvel.

In what alternate universe did this happen

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I hate this infatuation with not naming him Victor Von Doom.

They did it in the Ultimate line too...they named him Victor Van Damme. Do they think that's any less dumb?

Victor Van Damme is a much better name than what they went for.

Moppeh

Banned

The changes Nolan and co. made to them really worked well and made a lot of sense in a gritty and grounded universe.

We will still have to see what the end product is, but I don't see why you need to make some bad ass super-villain a computer programmer when one of your heroes is a rock guy. They are taking a grounded approach to a group of characters that don't translate into that style as well Batman and his villains. And personally, I think making Doom some anti-social, internet guy is a way bigger leap than the Batman stuff.

I guess I don't see a problem with this if it's a modern re-imagining. Is it really so bad?

When they shit on one of, if not the greatest, comic book villains ever in the two previous movies, then to just shit on him more as they drown him in raw sewage? It is bad. Oh, so bad.

I'm confident now that FOX is intentionally trying to run the FF franchise into the ground just to piss off Marvel. I mean that has gotta be it....right?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

.....uhhhh I think they were mostly missing any superhuman aspects but Bane was ultimately a version of bane minus the venom that made him superhuman, Raz didn't have the lazarus pits, and Joker..was pretty much the Joker i dunno any real difference worth mentioning there.

Banes venom was his pain meds and Raz was "immortal" through his techniques.

Bane wasn't a damn meth junkie and Raz a fucking new age cult leader

Change is fine...for the better.

Cardon

Sounds good Toby, hope they are paying you well.

Pretty much this too. I like Toby as an actor, and it seems like he may be in "don't give a crap" mode given how he actually revealed something about this FF flick and no one else is saying a damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom