• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctors warn against Gwyneth Paltrow's advice on putting jade eggs in your vagina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Doctors warn against Gwyneth Paltrow's advice on vaginal jade eggs

Gwyneth Paltrow is at it again. The actress and founder of the lifestyle publication Goop is no stranger to doling out controversial and unproven health advice. In the past, her site has touted the benefits of vaginal steaming to “cleanse” the uterus and told readers that wearing bras causes cancer. In both instances, experts were quick to point out that there is no scientific evidence to back up those claims.

Now, Paltrow has some new advice to women: put jade eggs in your vagina for “better sex” and “overall well-being.”

In a post titled “Better Sex: Jade Eggs for Your Yoni,” Goop informs readers that jade eggs were used by “queens and concubines… to stay in shape for emperors” and are “ideal for detox.”

“Fans say regular use increases chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance, and feminine energy in general,” the post continues.

The eggs sell for $66 and are currently sold out, according to the Goop website.

But doctors are warning that the health claims Paltrow’s site are making are unsubstantiated and the eggs may even pose some health risks.

I read the post on GOOP and all I can tell you is it is the biggest load of garbage I have read on your site since vaginal steaming,” Dr. Jen Gunter wrote in a scathing open letter to Paltrow.

Gunter, who is an OB-GYN for Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco, also says the claim that the jade eggs can balance hormones is “quite simply, biologically impossible.”

“Pelvic floor exercises can help with incontinence and even give stronger orgasms for some women, but they cannot change hormones,” she continues. “As for female energy? I’m a gynecologist and I don’t know what that is!?”

Gunter also emphasizes the potential health risks associated with the vaginal use of jade eggs.

“As for the recommendation that women sleep with a jade egg in their vaginas I would like to point out that jade is porous which could allow bacteria to get inside and so the egg could act like a fomite” — an object capable of harboring or transmitting an infectious agent. This, she writes, “could be a risk factor for bacterial vaginosis or even the potentially deadly toxic shock syndrome.”

jmdajr

tumblr_mrn4zqAGZD1sd36xlo1_250.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Man how do people fall for this shit. Good on Doc for calling her out and spitting some facts.

Same reason people voted for Trump. She's rich and thus she must know what she's talking about.

"Let me use my mildly popular status as an actress to become a glorified traveling tonic saleswoman. THAT'S what gives my life fulfillment!"

Sephzilla

In a post titled ”Better Sex: Jade Eggs for Your Yoni," Goop informs readers that jade eggs were used by ”queens and concubines... to stay in shape for emperors" and are ”ideal for detox."

IAcGWGk.gif

Monocle

Some people live for this New Age nonsense.

"[verb] an [exotic-sounding item or ingredient] for [dubious health benefits]!"

"Renowned by the handmaidens of Nubian god-kings for their life extending properties!"

tbm24

My wife mentioned this to me once actually. It was mostly for the exercise aspect of it. Good to know that a Jade egg in particular is a bad idea.

ShyMel

In a post titled “Better Sex: Jade Eggs for Your Yoni,” Goop informs readers that jade eggs were used by “queens and concubines… to stay in shape for emperors” and are “ideal for detox.”
If these things didn't have the ability to hurt women, this would be comical. Detox your vagina for the low price of $66 plus shipping!

What in the world? I've never heard of this in my life and don't think it seems like a very good idea.
No, I don't want jade eggs in my vagina, thank you very much.

Brakke

Banned
“As for female energy? I’m a gynecologist and I don’t know what that is!?”

Lol doc you played yourself you just lost all your patients why would you admit you don't know something so basic smh.

studyguy

Someone out there cornered the market for egg shaped jade rocks to shove up women's vagina's and is making bank. Crazy.

Monocle

“As for female energy? I’m a gynecologist and I don’t know what that is!?”

Lol doc you played yourself you just lost all your patients why would you admit you don't know something so basic smh.
She doesn't even know the most obvious health benefits of stuffing metamorphic rocks up your vagoo. Embarrassing.

tbm24

The eggs are $55 or $66.

Someone is making baaaaaaaannnkkkkkkk

That's small time compared to what people will pay for stones for their "properties". My wife being one who has indulged a bit in there. She likes stones and the mysticism surrounding them can be pretty intense. It's harmless until you get like her friend where you take said stones and try and claim it provides you with a link to Pleidians who are going to come down from space and bring you to the plane of enlightenment, or something to that effect......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom