• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctors warn against Gwyneth Paltrow's advice on putting jade eggs in your vagina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

That's small time compared to what people will pay for stones for their "properties". My wife being one who has indulged a bit in there. She likes stones and the mysticism surrounding them can be pretty intense. It's harmless until you get like her friend where you take said stones and try and claim it provides you with a link to Pleidians who are going to come down from space and bring you to the plane of enlightenment, or something to that effect......

jesus christ tbm, they're minerals

studyguy

That's all well and good but how do I go about detoxing my penis?

Jade rods, duh.
Borosilicate-3-3-Glass-Jade-Green-Rod.jpg

So she made up some shit about how they improve health and then she sold them on her website.

This just in from my local scientific expert on alternative facts: My ass hairs cause increased productivity and ability to focus. Only $150 per hair plus shipping and taxes. Totally truthy.

On an unrelated note, what do you guys think the best car of 2016 was?

Acinixys

Can I intrest anyone is some ASS EGGS™

Italian-alabaster-marble-eggs-dyed-Easter-egg-colors-vintage-stone-egg-collection-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-z515187-1.jpg

They are made from pure Zimbabwean marble (known to have healing powers), and have thousands of medical benefits. I can 100% guarantee that they will increases chi, give you extremely strong erections, add anal muscle tone, balance and add testosterone, and give you much more masculine energy in general.

Ive been putting them in my anus for 20 years and ive never felt healthier, stronger or faster than I do today.

Call me today, Dr Smiles, at 0800 ASS EGGS

I mean, she owns the publication. There's nothing to suggest Gweneth Paltrow personally wrote an article about putting jade eggs in your vagina.

http://goop.com/better-sex-jade-eggs-for-your-yoni/

Yeah, i'm trying to find some way to figure out if she wrote it but not coming up with anything. The article even has a disclaimer on the bottom that it doesn't represent the view of Goop, but still doesn't say who the author is.

Bladenic

The disclaimer at the bottom of the article, which people probably won't read, says that this shouldn't be taken as a substitute for medical advice nor does it reflect the overall opinion of the site. I doubt Gwyneth even knows what this shit is about, she probably just collects that check.

DOWN

Banned
I honestly have a hard time thinking anyone who uses the word detox is not a delusional mess

My wife mentioned this to me once actually. It was mostly for the exercise aspect of it. Good to know that a Jade egg in particular is a bad idea.

Yeah, I've heard that egg-shaped or round objects can be inserted in the vagina for strengthening those muscles (and in some cases pleasure, like with ben wa balls), but it seems like the first step is making sure the material is actually safe to be inserted. Multiple times, especially if you're paying $66 for it.

I never believed in ~the mystical healing properties of rocks~, it sounds like a load of hogwash so I have no idea why it gained so much traction.

The disclaimer at the bottom of the article, which people probably won't read, says that this shouldn't be taken as a substitute for medical advice nor does it reflect the overall opinion of the site. I doubt Gwyneth even knows what this shit is about, she probably just collects that check.

I checked the website and its full of stuff about bad energy and whatnot. Just read an article on it with an 'energy clearing kit' that they sell for 200$. They are basically scamming uneducated people..

Yeah, I've heard that egg-shaped or round objects can be inserted in the vagina for strengthening those muscles (and in some cases pleasure, like with ben wa balls), but it seems like the first step is making sure the material is actually safe to be inserted. Multiple times, especially if you're paying $66 for it.

I never believed in ~the mystical healing properties of rocks~, it sounds like a load of hogwash so I have no idea why it gained so much traction.

Among people who hate traditional, evidence-based medicine and are against big pharma, over many generations. Homoeopaths who are into "natural"/alternative medicine. Tend to be gullible and are ok parting with loads of money without researching.

Sendero

I actually had to search for "Jade Egg", as wasn't sure what it was.

Surprisingly, it is exactly that - an actual Egg-shaped trinket, allegedly made of Jade.
That girls have to put in their Yoni, cause reasons.

Huh. The more you know..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Given that it seems clear that there's no evidence Gweneth Paltrow wrote the article, doesn't this qualify as fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom